PDA

View Full Version : When we last left Jackson Hole.....

Donziweasel
01-22-2009, 05:49 PM
When we last left JH, is was up to my ass, actually farther than that, in snow. We had some very nice high pressure for about 10 days now. Sunny, warm, and beautiful. We had 261 inches of snow to date. Now, the faucet has been turned back on, snow forecast for the next 10 days.....

Man, I was really diggin' the sun and warm weather. Speaking with Tex yesterday, I told him we were having lows around -5 and highs in the 20's. He thought that was cold!!!!! Humidity works on both sides of the spectrum. Everyone knows that 95 degrees with 0% humidity is not hot. What many don't know is that 40 degrees with 0% humidity on a sunny day is t-shirt weather. It is never feels near as cold as it really is with low humidity. About time for some snow.......things were getting a little ratty on the slopes and backcountry.

So, we have Tex coming on on Feb 28th and Hedgehog on March 14th. Should be really fat skiiing for you guys. Oh yeah, don't think even for a minute you guys aren't going to go snowmobiling for a day with me....... I'll take it easy on ya......:)

The Hedgehog
01-22-2009, 08:54 PM
When we last left JH, is was up to my ass, actually farther than that, in snow. We had some very nice high pressure for about 10 days now. Sunny, warm, and beautiful. We had 261 inches of snow to date. Now, the faucet has been turned back on, snow forecast for the next 10 days.....
Man, I was really diggin' the sun and warm weather. Speaking with Tex yesterday, I told him we were having lows around -5 and highs in the 20's. He thought that was cold!!!!! Humidity works on both sides of the spectrum. Everyone knows that 95 degrees with 0% humidity is not hot. What many don't know is that 40 degrees with 0% humidity on a sunny day is t-shirt weather. It is never feels near as cold as it really is with low humidity. About time for some snow.......things were getting a little ratty on the slopes and backcountry.
So, we have Tex coming on on Feb 28th and Hedgehog on March 14th. Should be really fat skiiing for you guys. Oh yeah, don't think even for a minute you guys aren't going to go snowmobiling for a day with me....... I'll take it easy on ya......:)

I am all about it.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate you setting me up. Now you will have to come to Tn!

Last Real Texan
01-22-2009, 09:20 PM

+ 1 !!!!

Looking forward to it.

Tex

Kirbyvv
01-23-2009, 08:15 AM
DW, I was thinking about you last week looking at the Tetons from the top of Big Sky, Montana. Blue bird without a cloud, but no snow in the forcast then.