View Full Version : Video of 009 Donzis Running

Barry Eller
01-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Just watched the video of the 009 Donzi's on www.donzimarine.com

It is in the Classic series section, 22 Classic, #1 of 2 videos

Good looking boats.

LKSD
01-23-2009, 08:11 AM
I have some behind the scenes factory pics that Josh sent me.. The more I look at them the more I start to drool.. lol :D They are quite sharp.. :) Jamie

Barry Eller
01-23-2009, 10:37 AM
I have some behind the scenes factory pics that Josh sent me.. The more I look at them the more I start to drool.. lol :D They are quite sharp.. :) Jamie
I'd like to see them. They kinda grow on ya.
The only thing wrong with them is the American Flag is backwards on the Starboard side. Flag equitique requires the field of stars to be on the left when hanging or painted.

TBroccoli
01-23-2009, 03:25 PM
I thought the flag on a boat was ok to be stars on the right to look as though it was flowing with the wind. I could be wrong.

Barry Eller
01-23-2009, 04:51 PM
I thought the flag on a boat was ok to be stars on the right to look as though it was flowing with the wind. I could be wrong.

You're right and I'm wrong. Seems when the Flag is hung up on a wall inside the "Union" is to be to the observers left.

This is from http://www.ushistory.org/BETSY/flagetiq.html

Left Flag
Right or "reversed field" flag

General David PetraeusTo wear our country's flag properly, the field of stars is worn closest to your heart. Further, when worn on the sleeve of a military uniform, the flag should appear to be advancing and not retreating. Thus, if your patch is to be worn on your LEFT sleeve, use a left flag (normal). For patches worn on your RIGHT sleeve, use a "right" or "reversed field" flag.

Since the Flag Rules do not specifically address the positioning of the patch, a decision is left to the discretion of the organization prescribing the wear. Some elect to use the "left" flag on both sleeves. [Note: many states and cities have ordinances pertaining to the use of the flag; you may wish to contact the Attorney General of your state or the City Attorney's office regarding this matter.] If you are planning to wear only one patch, it is recommended that you wear a "left" flag on your left sleeve.

Military guidelines specify that in support of joint or multi-national operations (as in Iraq), the "right" flag is worn on the right sleeve (see picture), 1/4" below the shoulder seam or 1/8" below any required unit patches. (Class A uniform excepted.)

Some people find the "right flag" disrespectful of the flag and some are calling it the "wrong flag." They seek to gain support to encourage a change in the regulations to always use a "left flag" even on a right sleeve.

Source: Army Website FAQs

LKSD
01-23-2009, 06:27 PM

You would be correct on why they did it that way. :) Jamie

LKSD
01-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Here are a few from what Josh sent me. I have more, but some are now on the factory site now as well. :) Jamie / Lakeside