PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Boat Show

Last Tango
01-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Went to the Cleveland Boat Show with my dad, yesterday.
Summary of expenses:
$8 parking
$22 for two Senior Discount tickets
$5 for coat room (2 coats plus a $1 dollar tip)
$6 one beer for Dad

Most expensive boat: $1,199,998.00 50' Marquis (minus $60,000 boat show special discount)
Other boats of interest:
Fountain
Baja
Checkmate
Formula
Azimuth
CruisersYachts
Lyman Owners club display
plus
Smart Car give-away (register is you love those time-share property pitches)
Twiggy the Water-Skiing Squirrel

I enjoyed it completely (Dad complained about the price of a paper cup of beer). All indoors at the giant I-X Center (good thing since the high was 18F yesterday).
No, there were no Donzi's, but I don't recall seeing any for many years in a row there. No dealers within 150 miles of Cleveland. Hard to believe with Lake Erie and Put-in-Bay in the summer.

zelatore
01-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Summary of expenses:
$8 parking
$6 one beer for Dad
Most expensive boat: $1,199,998.00 50' Meridian (minus $60,000 boat show special discount)
Other boats of interest:
Fountain
Baja
Checkmate
Formula
Azimuth
CruisersYachts
plus
I enjoyed it completely (Dad complained about the price of a paper cup of beer). All indoors at the giant I-X Center (good thing since the high was 18F yesterday).
No, there were no Donzi's, but I don't recall seeing any for many years in a row there. No dealers within 150 miles of Cleveland. Hard to believe with Lake Erie and Put-in-Bay in the summer.

Man, at least the motorcycle shows give you free parking if you ride and free gear check. :wink:

And trust me, you can buy a 50 Meridian (that's pronounced 'bayliner') for WAY less than $1.2m.

Last Tango
01-22-2009, 09:58 AM
Motorcycle show is coming within the next few weeks. But I doubt anyone here will ride to it. Way too much snow, slush, salty roads, and low temps. Parking lot is plowed, but it still has a base layer of ice covered by an inch or two of fresh snow each day.
Maybe in NorCal...

And to open up Pandorra's Box a little...
Here, the unions rule. So everything is twice the price of anywhere else (except real estate which is digging deeper every day as the union jobbers get layed off by the thousands per week).

And my sincerest apologies. It was a 50' Marquis, not Meridian. I have made the appropriate change above.

wannabe
01-22-2009, 05:27 PM
Summary of expenses:
$8 parking
$6 one beer for Dad

Most expensive boat: $1,199,998.00 50' Marquis (minus $60,000 boat show special discount)
Other boats of interest:
Fountain
Baja
Checkmate
Formula
Azimuth
CruisersYachts
plus

My brother went to the show and said alot of the floor space was used boats and they didn't display the floating homes. Definately did get smaller than last year according to him.

zelatore
01-22-2009, 11:58 PM
And my sincerest apologies. It was a 50' Marquis, not Meridian. I have made the appropriate change above.

oh - that stings!

(says the guy who works for a Marquis dealer)

Was it the 50 SC (see below)? Pretty tasty boat, if I do say so myself. I've got one in-stock if you're in the market...:wink:

breeze400
01-23-2009, 06:57 PM
:shades::shades::shades: I'll be there tomorrow morning. I'll have A home made DONZI shirt on. You won't miss me if you see me!!! LOL

Sam :nilly::nilly::nilly:

Last Tango
01-24-2009, 12:53 PM
My apologies to Zelatore. Sorry for the mistake. Yep, 50 SC like your picture. SC must stand for Sunroof Coupe because it has the largest retracting glass sunroof I have ever seen. Maybe so the helicopter can land inside instead of on the sunpad.

Interesting is the port-side helm station. One boater remarked about it and we decided the reason was maybe being designed by the British. They put everything else on the wrong side, so why not reverse the helm location from the typical these days. We looked around to see if the electronics were also made by Lucas. Not much of a trade-off if they are Marelli to begin with. LOL!

breeze400
01-25-2009, 07:38 AM
I went to the Cleveland boat show yesterday. All in all, It was much smaller this year then it has been in the past. We did have A great time though. :yes::yes::yes:

The best value for the money we thought was the Rinker 38 express cruiser. $170,00.00 I was very impressed with the use of all the available space! Although with twin 350's A little under powered. :cool::cool::cool:

The only other boat that impressed me was the Fountain 42 lightning with twin 700's. It was A nice boat. I did manage to clime aboard her. When the salesman noticed my DONZI shirt we talked. He said 103mph was what the boat did. very impressive for A 42 with 700's. He tried to sell her to me but, I still want A 38ZR with 1075's. LOL :cool!::cool!::cool!:

HasI said A good time was had by all. We had A group of 10 people, (5 couples,) that went. Everyone stayed overnight and partied all night long except us. My girl friend has A Dog that needed to be taken care of! LOL so we came home late last night. :wink::wink::wink:

Sam.:pimp::pimp::pimp:

breeze400
01-25-2009, 07:41 AM
I went to the Cleveland boat show yesterday. All in all, It was much smaller this year then it has been in the past. We did have A great time though. :yes::yes::yes:

The best value for the money we thought was the Rinker 38 express cruiser. $170,00.00 I was very impressed with the use of all the available space! Although with twin 350's A little under powered. :cool::cool::cool:

That was $179,000.00 for the Rinker!

Sam :eek::eek::eek:

zelatore
01-25-2009, 12:15 PM
My apologies to Zelatore. Sorry for the mistake. Yep, 50 SC like your picture. SC must stand for Sunroof Coupe because it has the largest retracting glass sunroof I have ever seen. Maybe so the helicopter can land inside instead of on the sunpad.
Interesting is the port-side helm station. One boater remarked about it and we decided the reason was maybe being designed by the British. They put everything else on the wrong side, so why not reverse the helm location from the typical these days. We looked around to see if the electronics were also made by Lucas. Not much of a trade-off if they are Marelli to begin with. LOL!
The Marquis are actually Italian designed and built just outside Green Bay, WI. Don't know why the port helm; the 40' version is stb. We do a mix of both just depending on the packaging.

Did you get a chance to check out the engine room? I really like that one-plenty of space to work and room to ad extras like inverters, bat banks, watermaker, etc.

Pretty good crouds at the Seattle show but not much on the sport side.

Dads Thunder
01-30-2009, 02:29 AM
Hey.. Let us all remember { LAST TANGO } where the Donzi Sportsman helm is ?

Last Tango
01-30-2009, 08:34 PM
Yes, in the "wood age", portside helms were more common. LOLO!
Saw several portside helm stations on those Chris-Craft and Lyman boats brought by the clubs.
I actually would prefer a portside helm station with two folks close together near the centerline and the throttles in between like some race boats.

Lenny
01-30-2009, 10:50 PM
And trust me, you can buy a 50 Meridian (that's pronounced 'bayliner') for WAY less than $1.2m.

Bayliner is distancing itself from "Bayliner" at all costs.

I always got a kick out of a guy that bought a "Motoryacht" (45' Bayliner) for about $300K and the other guy with that 45' Hatteras paid 1.5M.

Different league. I went down below in a Bayliner Motoryacht a few years ago. Lateral "support" for the deck was actually 2 x 4 common Spruce from a lumberyard with glass at the ends. I couldn't believe it.