PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles Boat Show

FISHIN SUCKS
01-22-2009, 08:32 AM
I started out typing LA boat show, but didn't want people to think I meant the 'Lower Alabama' boat show.

Any body going? I have a trade show I have to hit in Tulare, CA, that week and thought I would hit the boat show on Thursday, February 12. I know, I know, everybody tells me I should go to Miami (and would love to) but I have work to do on the West Coast. If anyone is going, let me know, if you dare put up with my nonsense. Don (Zelatore), you goin'?

tom

zelatore
01-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Not me. If it was local I might go, but LA is about 8 hours from here by car or 2 by SouthWest. I've been in the past and was disappointed in the show, although that was 5 or 6 years ago. IIRC they did have a fair turnout of go-fast hardware, although at the time I only had a passing interest in that gear.

I am leaving tomorrow morning for the Seattle show. I don't expect any go-fasts there, but it's typically a good all around show for those of us with a broad-base boating interest.

And 'they' are right - nothing else measures up to Miami. Ladurdale being a close second.

FISHIN SUCKS
01-23-2009, 07:30 AM
Not me. If it was local I might go, but LA is about 8 hours from here by car or 2 by SouthWest. I've been in the past and was disappointed in the show, although that was 5 or 6 years ago. IIRC they did have a fair turnout of go-fast hardware, although at the time I only had a passing interest in that gear.

I am leaving tomorrow morning for the Seattle show. I don't expect any go-fasts there, but it's typically a good all around show for those of us with a broad-base boating interest.

And 'they' are right - nothing else measures up to Miami. Ladurdale being a close second.
Yeah, if I was not going to be in the area, I probably wouldn't make it either. Have fun

FISHIN SUCKS
02-16-2009, 03:18 PM
Well, Jeff and I attacked the Los Angeles Boat show with vigor (about 7 hours worth:wink:). With lots of go-fasts, lots and lots of go-fasts, engine builders, some cruisers, and the usual stuff you would expect at a decent size show. Names like Nordic, Advantage, Hallett, DCB, Laveycraft, Eliminator, and Howard among others were well represented. We even took a bunch of pictures to prove it. With all of these boats there, I just couldn't tear Jeff away from trading in his 18' Classic for this baby below (see photo:garfield:). It must be his trademark colors of white and blue. Watch for more photos to follow,
tom

ITTLFLI
03-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Well, Jeff and I attacked the Los Angeles Boat show with vigor (about 7 hours worth:wink:). With lots of go-fasts, lots and lots of go-fasts, engine builders, some cruisers, and the usual stuff you would expect at a decent size show. Names like Nordic, Advantage, Hallett, DCB, Laveycraft, Eliminator, and Howard among others were well represented. We even took a bunch of pictures to prove it. With all of these boats there, I just couldn't tear Jeff away from trading in his 18' Classic for this baby below (see photo:garfield:). It must be his trademark colors of white and blue. Watch for more photos to follow,
tom

Sheeew...Bayliners are a good value! :rlol: Good to see jeff keeping his options open:eek:

FISHIN SUCKS
03-31-2009, 10:31 AM
Well, it was either that or the low-budget Sea Ray that we saw:eek: But because Bayliner has a history of making low-budget boats, he was concerned Sea Ray didn't have enough experience in this market. Literally though, we were shocked that Sea Ray would actually put there name on this 17' honey we saw:frown:.

tamburello
04-10-2009, 10:38 AM
A Bayliner deckboat nonetheless. That's the bottom of the heap. That SeaRay that looked like they forgot to put in most of the interior was travesty. You won't see me on either of those wrecks. Here's the ugliest thing we saw there. It looked like the result of a tugboat and a tournament ski boat mating.

- Jeff