PDA

View Full Version : Back from a long break...with a new club member

EricG
01-21-2009, 06:17 PM
As a founding PNW club member, and one of the rare Lake Washington Scramarama attendees, I thought I'd pop back in and renew my membership card.

My boating activities have been severely curtailed over the last 2 years...and probably will continue to be. But, the 18 is in comfortable hibernation, and I don't plan on parting with it...

So, why the hibernation?

First, 18 months ago (or, 1 month before the housing market in Seattle peaked :mad:) we bought a new house. Much newer, much more comfortable, with a MUCH bigger mortgage...house poor now means something to me. But, I still had the $$$ to continue my boating habit.

Then, after Kath and I took a nice trip to Laguna Seca for the MotoGP race, we decided that our interest in Motorcycle Touring required a new bike. After 9000 miles on the new bike, I couldn’t be happier…but the $$$ and riding definitely reduced my boating time.

And finally, we headed down Poodle’s way and took another cruise, and 9 months later, ended up with the best Souvenir we could ever ask for. Jake is now 7 months old, and we couldn’t be happier. But, any extra $$$ I had to spend on the boat is now long gone!

So, the boat sits comfortably in hibernation, waiting for the day I can take my son for his first cruise…

Then, last week, Matty sends an email from the LGDCC about the new calendar, and it reminded me that not only do I miss my boat, but I miss the gang over here on the board. So, I decided to quit spending so much time on Advrider.com and parenting boards and spend a little more time catching up with things over here.

Here’s a pic of the two newest “toys”…

I hope all is well with everyone around here…

EG

zelatore
01-21-2009, 06:37 PM
Oddly enough, I've had the reverse happen. I've found my bike habit has lately taken a hit from the Donzi. (As well as a few track days with the BMW club)

I see you have a fine taste in bikes. The 1050's are hard to beat for a street motor.

(so says the owner of a sad and dusty Speed Triple that hasn't been ridden in over a month!)

zelatore
01-21-2009, 06:39 PM
BTW, if you decide to come back south for next year's GP, drop me a line. I'm thinking I may have to go next year as I'm looking forward to what Nicky can do with the Duck.

yeller
01-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Welcome back Eric. Good to know things are all ok with you guys.

Congrats on your new addition to the family! :party:

Lenny
01-22-2009, 12:27 AM
Congrats Eric and Kathy...

I still remember meeting you both the first time around a campfire on an Island in Puget sound and our first DONZI gathering some 6 or 7 years ago. Big fire, big smoke, aersol "Cheddar Cheese" and too many other things to list. Owen falling into the fire... You know ;)

Great memories. :yes:

Fabulous to hear from you guys again.

Lenny and Deneen :D