PDA

View Full Version : Life imitates art

Ghost
01-21-2009, 01:16 PM
From the AP: "Treasury Secretary-designate Timothy Geithner said Wednesday he was careless in failing to pay $34,000 in Social Security and Medicare taxes earlier this decade....calls it innocent mistake."

(This despite his being caught by the IRS for two of the years in question, but failing to repay the missing taxes for the other two years the IRS didn't catch--until nominated for Treasury Secretary.")

From a Steve Martin SNL monologue:
".. you say, "Steve.. what do I say to the tax man when he comes to my door and says, 'You.. have never paid taxes'?" Two simple words. Two simple words in the English language: "I forgot!" How many times do we let ourselves get into terrible situations because we don't say "I forgot"? Let's say you're on trial for armed robbery. You say to the judge, "I forgot armed robbery was illegal." Let's suppose he says back to you, "You have committed a foul crime. you have stolen hundreds and thousands of dollars from people at random, and you say, 'I forgot'?" Two simple words: Excuuuuuse me!!"

roadtrip se
01-21-2009, 01:32 PM
never pay taxes. First thing, get a million dollars....

I for-got.

Works for me.