PDA

View Full Version : Need Info. On Shelby Paint

frclarke
01-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Hi Folks:
I'm working on Dan Nye's classic 22 and I want to refinish it. Choices are paint or re-gel (duh). I like the look of the Donzi Shelby's paint. Does anyone know where or who I can talk to get details about this paint?

mrfixxall
01-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Hi Folks:
I'm working on Dan Nye's classic 22 and I want to refinish it. Choices are paint or re-gel (duh). I like the look of the Donzi Shelby's paint. Does anyone know where or who I can talk to get details about this paint?

Call donzi, they use to use Sikkens..i believe the shelby paint is now PPG.

glashole
01-21-2009, 09:41 AM
Fred

happy new year

why don't you start throwing some pictures up for all of us to see

have a good one

Shea

gcarter
01-21-2009, 10:00 AM
Jamie at Lakeside is a Donzi repair facility. He can tell you what they use.

frclarke
01-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Happy New Year Shea:
I hear you were at the T.O. boat show. I dropped into Ted's shop to discuss the boat and motor. He's seems like a good guy but I wasn't happy with 1) prices 2) he sends out his motors to be worked on. Off course he wouldn't tell me who does the work.

It really burns my a## when some of our Canadian compatriots complain about not having work because it's going to the States and then they quote ridiculous prices. I don't know about your business but my prices are dropping.

Apoligize for the rant but...
Fred

DONZIZEE22
01-21-2009, 10:26 AM
I would Awlgrip the bottom but for the top you will need to use a basecoat/clearcoat paint in order to hide the striping edges. I would use house of colors flow clearcoat if I were you. Expensive... but it has a real brillant look to it and will be very durable. Just make sure you wash it down after going in the ocean. You probably already know, the salt destroys everything

LKSD
01-22-2009, 07:58 AM
Call donzi, they use to use Sikkens..i believe the shelby paint is now PPG.

George is right, I do know what they use & I am an authorized facility.. :)

Mike (Fixall), Donzi used Diamont & now they recently started to use PPG within the last year or a little over a year now... ;) These are also the same 2products(manufacturers) that we primarily use when painting. :)

You may have sikkens confused with TAOD. He has a contract with sikkens & has his own signature series with them. He also I believe has a contract with OL for thier custom graphics.. ;) Jamie

LKSD
01-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Hi Folks:

Good talking to you today.. :) I will keep my eyes open for your pix. I just sent you an email with my email addy in it.. :) Jamie / Lakeside