PDA

View Full Version : New West Coast DONZI Member. Lake Crescent

Lenny
01-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Fogducker, Titan, Glen, Mike etc, we have a new member over on the Pennisula (Port Angeles) that has a BEAUTIFUL 16 footer that Mattyboy is aware of. It spent its' whole life, (prior to now) on Lake George. Anyways, I was talking to him last night, (Ron) and he is pumped about trying for a weekend in the summer in Lake Crescent with all of us (or as many as we can muster) The lake has no "rules" or noise or speed restrictions so I think it will work out fine :yes:

Anyways, I have his number and hope he signs up here ASAP and/or notices this post.

I have included a few pics of his boat. It is a GEM :yes:

WELCOME aboard Ron :D

http://www.hohrainforest.com/images/Lake%20Crescent1.jpg

zelatore
01-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Boat looks great! The lake ain't bad either, but I see it's only 12 miles long...you can do better than that!

fogducker III
01-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Lenny, why not invite him up here? We can show him some of the Gulf islands??

mattyboy
01-20-2009, 05:50 PM
Yes,
Ron contacted me thru the lake george club the boat is one owner and is all original and lived on my lake greenwood lake all it's life it was hung on a lift a few houses down from the chicken boat i have a picture of the original owner taking her for a last spin he since past away she has found a good home on the west coast

and a big kudos to Lenny i dropped him a line and he made contact with Ron to let him know that there are a few donzi people out on the left coast

Thanks Lenny

welcome Ron

Lenny
01-20-2009, 05:58 PM
Lenny, why not invite him up here? We can show him some of the Gulf islands??

It has NEVER even seen salt water and I don't believe he wants to "scare it" :) Great idea tho. We will work something out somehow, no problem. Could be a fun/riot of a weekend over there tho :)

fogducker III
01-20-2009, 06:07 PM
It has NEVER even seen salt water and I don't believe he wants to "scare it" :) Great idea tho. We will work something out somehow, no problem. Could be a fun/riot of a weekend over there tho :)

Good point, it would be like taking a mint vintage Ferrari 4X4ing...........:eek:

Are there any "bigger" lakes near him that he might recommend? I agree a 12 mile lake is not really a "weekend" out.........:frown:

PS. What are you doing for dinner Lenny? I was going to head to the Brentwood Inn for sushi later...:confused:

mattyboy
01-20-2009, 06:31 PM
i find it pretty ironic, my 16 spent most of it's life on the west coast and came to greenwood lake NY , this 16 spent most of it's life in Greenwood Lake NY and now is on the west coast

here is the last day Ron's 16 spent on my lake the original owner Mr Edlhardt, his daughter and his grand kids we ran with them and shot the breeze a little I gave them some info on their drive and some maint tips
the pics are from 2004 the boat lived a very nice life

here are the pics
his daughter driving and could she run that boat!
Mr Edlhardt taking a last spin ( he shortly after past away :( )
and his grandkids taking her out of the lake for the last time
and a rare appearance of the Lake George Pirate making loot run on Greenwood lake that day

yeller
01-21-2009, 12:13 AM
Nice looking boat. I'm in for a meet, but Lake Cresent is a bit small, especially since he's surrounded by so much water.

mattyboy
01-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Looks like Ron has won my holman moody drive badge on ebay, nice to know a part of my 16 will be on his 16

Ron
thanks it is on it's way

EricG
01-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Welcome Ron (whenever you join)...

There are still a couple of Washingtonians around on the board too...we just let the Canadian's carry the West coast flag for the most part :wink:

I've actually always wanted to check out Lake Crescent...still haven't decided if my boat will get wet this year...but a gathering up that way might motivate me to dig it out...

Great looking 16!

EG

Lenny
01-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Good to hear from you Eric. Hope you and Kathy are doing well. :yes: