PDA

View Full Version : Cant take it any more (weather), Im out of here

mike o
01-19-2009, 08:52 AM
TOO FREAKING HOT IN JANUARY IN SOUTH FLORIDA.:nilly::nilly:I'M LOVING IT HERE, SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS YEARS AGO...:yes::yes:..SAYS THIS LONG TIME FLORIDA NATIVE SHOWN FISHING.:kingme:

Jraysray
01-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Thats was the only thing I enjoyed during those long winters in North Dakota. Icefishing! I loved that! Haven't seen a tip up rig in years!

Being I was from the south and my military buddies were too, we caught fish threw them on the ice, sat there a couple of hours, threw the rock hard fish into the back of the truck. Drove home filled up the sink to defrost the fish and WALA... the damn things started swiming in the sink!

We had a lot of fun on the Ice..:)

DON N.
01-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Hi mike ,

what are you catching ?

DON N.
01-19-2009, 09:50 AM
Hi mike ,

what are you fishing for , trout ?

Are you @ winnie ?

mike o
01-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Hi mike ,

what are you fishing for , trout ?

Are you @ winnie ?.....Its not me, The guy fishing from Miami.:kingme:. Its Squam lake 7 miles north of Winne:yes:

Team Jefe
01-19-2009, 12:14 PM
NO WAY you would get me in that cold....FISHING!!!!!

By the way Mike....I LOVE THE MAPLE SYRUP.....I will need a case of the stuff by the time AOTH Rolls around. I'm using it for everything.

mike o
01-19-2009, 02:17 PM
He said hes cant take the half NAKED south beach BABES any more. Said he got here just in time for the REALLY good weather, REALLY lucked out.:yes: He made some new friends fishing:kingme:

f_inscreenname
01-19-2009, 05:03 PM
The Chesapeake is starting to freeze up for the first time in 20 years. And we still have 6 more weeks of this crap. This is why I don't live in Maine as nice as the summers are. :yes:

Air 22
01-19-2009, 06:22 PM
Well, we do have a rep for a rather broad base of sick puppies down here. With the temp supposed to hit 80 today, I "could" possibly see why he headed North...
Ahh, who am I trying to kid? Is he freaking nutz? This is what he left, I imagine we will be able to hear him wailing all the way back here shortly..:kingme:
U forgot one...:pimp: "I like'em Round N Juicy...." oranges of course...:kingme:

Cuda
01-19-2009, 06:28 PM
My older bro used to "ice fish" in Rochester, until he fell through the ice. I flew to WVa and drove with him to Florida. He's never left since. About 30 years ago,

Ice and fishing should not be used in the same sentance, unless refering to ice for the beer. My bro said they had to drink liquor, because beer would freeze.

Cutting a hole in the ice, then waiting for supper to swim by? I don't think so.

Jraysray
01-19-2009, 09:22 PM
It's a blast! Drive out to your favorite fishing hole on the lake, Grab your auger and make a hole to get to the hole. Pull up the truck and fish out of the front seat.

We used to use a fish finder on good ice and it worked out well. Just hook it to a battery and off you went. That's not even mentiong the fishing shacks. Forgot what you call them now but at night you could see dozens of them in bunched areas on the lake. Looked like little towns. Watch the movie Grumpy Old MEN.

They were simple or really nice! Some had bunk beds, stoves and small bars. For fishing pull up the floor and there are your holes already cut.

As far as falling in I was told that all you need is 3" of good clean ice to walk on.

We drove on those lakes all the time only one scary moment that I can remember. Trapping beaver or fishing it just was fun.

mike o
01-20-2009, 08:51 AM
It's a blast! Drive out to your favorite fishing hole on the lake, Grab your auger and make a hole to get to the hole. Pull up the truck and fish out of the front seat.

We used to use a fish finder on good ice and it worked out well. Just hook it to a battery and off you went. That's not even mentiong the fishing shacks. Forgot what you call them now but at night you could see dozens of them in bunched areas on the lake. Looked like little towns. Watch the movie Grumpy Old MEN.

They were simple or really nice! Some had bunk beds, stoves and small bars. For fishing pull up the floor and there are your holes already cut.

As far as falling in I was told that all you need is 3" of good clean ice to walk on.

We drove on those lakes all the time only one scary moment that I can remember. Trapping beaver or fishing it just was fun...........Yes the FELLA FROM MIAMI is having a blast for sure, but hes got a lot to learn. So, showing our famous northern hospitality, the locals have taken him in. Mr Miami was sitting on a sheet rock bucket by the fishing hole with the little branch for luck( I guess) in -20*F waiting for some action in a almost white-out. When it stopped snowing, he saw and met this local guy who helped him out, showing him the ropes. The local guy (with the sweater and no gloves) being an hospitable northerner, invited Mr. Miami over to his place for a whiskey. The wolf and the fox (hes was told) are trained to BARK when ya get a flag up, fish on. So ya just stay inside and drink whiskey and watch football, eat hot dogs, and wait till the wild critters start barking.:kingme:. Wow the dudes REALLY loving it here now. He kinda looked a little hung-over the next day however...:yes:

boxy
01-20-2009, 09:14 AM
Up here guys drop 4x8 sheets of tin into the water in late fall. Once the ice is set, they cut 4x4 holes to fish out of and the reflecting sunlight off the tin makes it like looking into an aquarium.... :D :D

Shea, where's the pic of your ice house???

mike o
01-20-2009, 09:41 AM
Up here guys drop 4x8 sheets of tin into the water in late fall. Once the ice is set, they cut 4x4 holes to fish out of and the reflecting sunlight off the tin makes it like looking into an aquarium.... :D :D

Shea, where's the pic of your ice house???.....Ya kinda the same deal with this house. Except he ( the guy that trained the critters), goes to the dump and gets a old sliding glass door, gets it in the ice just right so it still opens. Ya see 30-40lb lakers swim by once in awhile. Pretty cool:kingme:

mike o
01-20-2009, 11:48 AM
We have our own version of fishing houses on the bay.. No ice, sorry bout that, but a tad more refined than most I would assume......Ohh Really.:kingme: I think Shea's ice house is one of these. I think. Am I correct Boxy? I happened upon this village of Ice on Lac St. Jean in northern Quebec a few years ago after snowmobiling across 40-50 miles of frozen Lac St Jean. These folks know how to PARTY:yes:http://www.villagesurglace.com/photos_liste.php?categorie_id=37.
(http://www.villagesurglace.com/photos_liste.php?categorie_id=37)http://www.quebecensaisons.com/hiver2009/village_roberval-en.html

Cuda
01-20-2009, 01:21 PM

We drove on those lakes all the time only one scary moment that I can remember. Trapping beaver or fishing it just was fun.
You can keep it. I remember steelhead fishing with dad in Oregon, when it was snowing so hard I couldn't see him 20 yards away. No thanks!

mike o
01-28-2009, 08:07 AM
Well, OOH boy we are getting another 2 feet of snow today. What a great winter up here. Im venturing back out on the lake today to see what Mr. Miami is up Too. Last time I saw him, He was drinking Labatts Blue and Seagrams 7. He was kinda of tipps-y The only complaint he had was the concentrated orange juice we drink up here:nilly:.............

Ed Donnelly
01-28-2009, 10:50 AM
mike o; Are you sure that isn't Jack Frost?? You know he retired to Miami this year
I think he just misses the COLD..........Ed

mike o
01-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Well, Mr. Miami wasnt around the lake to day. I rode my snowmobile around loking for him in a major snow storm. Mr. Miami been watching us locals riding the snowmobiles around, We all got em. Mr. Miami wanted one and we all told him to get the small motor type till ya get the hang of em. But he got the fastest with the biggest engine and big -big problems.:yes::yes: He was only in the hospital afew days.:kingme::kingme::kingme:

mike o
01-30-2009, 08:45 AM
Yep, same fella. Says he needs a long rest. Hes checking in and healing up, AND GONNA CHILL-OUT :yes:http://www.icehotel-canada.com/, kick it for awhile. Dude must have sum $$$:yes: this place aint cheap. Hope he brings his ORANGE (BURRR-BURRY) ICE FISHING DUDS.............:kingme::kingme::kingme:

Ghost
01-30-2009, 12:41 PM
I just got back from a snowboarding trip to Park City. On the morning of our last day, we went snowmobiling and one in the group did a number much like your picture above. Amazingly, not a scratch on him. Bye bye deductible...at least he opted for the insurance.

mike o
02-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Well, well. Guess who's back in town, with is 3 hottie S Florida nieces for the big Winni fishing derby this weekend. Big drunk-in party with a little fishing.:yes: Ive never seen a guy make so many new friend instantly:kingme:. Yep Mr. popularity. Says hes all done with snowmobiles after his crash:kingme:. Gotta give the guy credit. He's thinking about heading out on the trail (maybe) try some mushing with some of these husky dogs:kingme:. Ive had 3 huskies myself and their a lot of work. Especially if they get lose. They come home, in about 3-4 days.:yes: If ya lucky...:kingme:.

Ghost
02-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Well, well. Guess who's back in town, with is 3 hottie S Florida nieces for the big Winni fishing derby this weekend. Big drunk-in party with a little fishing.

Liked the pictures. Which 3 are the hotties? The one in the orange? The one with the egg-poaching gear? <ducking>

mike o
02-05-2009, 05:40 PM
5yrs since my last siberian. Her tags said Ive escaped again.:yes: call ***-****. 5* above today and these pups are happy as can be. :kingme: These guys moms + dads race all over the usa. There just over the hill about a mile... (All 30-40) of em.:yes: