PDA

View Full Version : The dos and don'ts of boat launching

Barry Eller
01-12-2009, 09:37 AM
I found this and thought y'all might enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJv8zWpRbdY&feature=related

zelatore
01-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Here's a little something for Mr. Expert from the clip...

Ghost
01-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Here's a little something for Mr. Expert from the clip...

LOL, well put.

Especially painful was hearing Mr. Expert butcher terms while mocking his stereotypical "Nautical Man." And by the way, doesn't this guy come across with all the slimy smarm of Rick from Magnum P.I.?

(I just realized how bad I'm going to feel if he's someone on the forum...)

EDIT: BTW, what is "THE rope" of which Mr. Expert speaks? It must be pretty special. Like, there are a million pills, but the one that lets you boink as much as you want and never get someone pregnant clearly earned the distinction: THE pill. Unless it's a kinky gold lasso employed by Linda Carter, somebody needs to enlighten me.

Barry Eller
01-12-2009, 01:26 PM
(I just realized how bad I'm going to feel if he's someone on the forum...)

I don't think there is any danger of that...Looks like a Bayliner walk through windshield to me.

Other than the incorrect terminology, there is some credence to his reference to some inexperienced and inconsiderate people at the boat ramps.

show-n-go h2o
01-12-2009, 02:24 PM
in the early spring i always take a day and go to the boat ramp with a cooler and watch the divorce's happen. it sucks that peoples first boating experience has to be at the ramp fighting with each other, the bayliner dealerships should give people a training course in loading and unloading

Ghost
01-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Other than the incorrect terminology, there is some credence to his reference to some inexperienced and inconsiderate people at the boat ramps.

Totally, and it's pretty amusing as well. One thing I thought was also ironic was that the poor guy who is on his 3rd launch ever, who they fairly well skewer with the whole piece, at least had the foresight and courtesy to find a time when he wasn't in anyone's way. Of course, it still doesn't inspire a lot of confidence about safety out on the water...

Donzi Vol
01-12-2009, 05:34 PM
in the early spring i always take a day and go to the boat ramp with a cooler and watch the divorce's happen.

LOL! This summer I really thought that I was going to see two red necks kill one another at the ramp. It was one of those, "I was here first you blank blank! What the blankity blank is wrong with you?!" I wasn't sure if I should just laugh or go get the gun for when the shooting starts. :shocking:

Marlin275
01-12-2009, 05:40 PM
I had a guy park his truck and trailer on the launch ramp and leave on his boat.
Get any worse?

Donzi Vol
01-12-2009, 05:46 PM
I had a guy park his truck and trailer on the launch ramp and leave on his boat.
Get any worse?

That is awesome. HAS to take the cake. I suppose he just really didn't want to wait to load when he got back.

zelatore
01-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Get any worse?

Man, that guy gets around. I think I saw him out here in CA once!

It's like the fool driving slow in the fast lane backing up traffic and not getting moving right: is he ignorant of what he's doing (which is still a PITA and not really an excuse but at least it's not intentional), or is he just an a$$hat?

#1 needs an education.
#2 needs an education. Perhaps with a 2x4*

*the author of this post and Donzi.net in no way endorse violence against either idiotic boat launchers or left-lane squatters. Even if they deserve it.

SilverBack
01-12-2009, 08:01 PM
in the early spring i always take a day and go to the boat ramp with a cooler and watch the divorce's happen. it sucks that peoples first boating experience has to be at the ramp fighting with each other, the bayliner dealerships should give people a training course in loading and unloading

You should have been there this fall when I put my boat in the water after it had been in the shop all year and this was the first outing with the boat all year. The launching was not big deal at all. ..... .. . . . .Then......After the boat was in the water for the first time I had water pouring into the bilge ...oil from the outdrive pouring into the bilge ....the boat would not shift into forward unless you revved it up and let it slam into gear....the bilge pump had some aluminum shavings in it and was whining like crazy....the engine was flaring up really bad when you cranked it and it would not idle hardly at all......and my wife had a really hard time backing down the ramp........I think that my blood pressure got up so high that I blanked out and lost track of a few minutes there....the dock was full of people having a cook out...people fishing....it was quite a show. I was ready to burn that sucker right there on the ramp!! I am glad that I was not very close to David Wade Marine at that time!!! WOW.....That was the worst ...... I should have just cruised up to the dock and cut the engine off and threw a line to her and gone and got the truck myself buy I was afraid that the bilge pump was going to give out any second and sink the boat!! I hope that nothing like that ever happens again!!!