PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing Question

brwn234
01-11-2009, 09:22 PM
So I'm leaving Florida on Tuesday and heading for the cold north. I'm going to winterize the boat down here because I dont wanna take a chance and not get to it in time. I've got the kit with the hose and bucket up home but not here. Can I just drain the block and fill it through the thermostat?
I had another idea, tell me what you think of this. Remove the thermostat, reinstall the houseing to the manifold. Remove the hose from the oil cooler and begin filling the block through that hose. If the hose is tall enough it will fill the block/manifolds and all the coolers and run out the exhaust. Is it that simple or no?

lee
01-12-2009, 05:05 AM
i put a set of muffs on the drive pull thermostate run on 2 gallons pink done in 10 minutes

RedDog
01-12-2009, 07:53 AM
So I'm leaving Florida on Tuesday and heading for the cold north. I'm going to winterize the boat down here because I dont wanna take a chance and not get to it in time. I've got the kit with the hose and bucket up home but not here. Can I just drain the block and fill it through the thermostat?
I had another idea, tell me what you think of this. Remove the thermostat, reinstall the houseing to the manifold. Remove the hose from the oil cooler and begin filling the block through that hose. If the hose is tall enough it will fill the block/manifolds and all the coolers and run out the exhaust. Is it that simple or no?

Also drain by pulling the hoses from the seawater pump and plugs in exhaust manifolds.

You don't have to remove the thermostat. Also fill your exhaust manifolds through the hoses.