PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't this look like a really good deal???

SilverBack
01-08-2009, 03:54 AM
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/28_039_magnum_3_man-o27283-en.html

Lenny
01-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Yes, and a BARGAIN.

You wouldn't have any bow lift issues with this one :D

VetteLT193
01-08-2009, 11:17 AM
seems like any of the race setup boats go for much less than the regular ones. Not too many people want a 27 footer that only has room for 3 people.

Same is true for the standup 5 passenger boats in the 38' + size. Great bargains if you can put up with the interior.

Most people like to go fast and have fun doing it. these boats are for going fast only. I couldn't imagine having to deal with someone that felt less than 100% with no seats... and I think everyone that has taken people out has dealt with a friend or family member that doesn't feel well after a half a day on the water.

SilverBack
01-08-2009, 06:54 PM
That is true!! I was just talking about the boat besides being a classic ..... the parts that are on the boat..XR drive..headers ...planes.....gauges....trailer...would be worth more than the asking price!!

I am about to spend more than this on a drive alone with no transom assy. That is all that I was saying

VetteLT193
01-09-2009, 11:09 AM
That is true!! I was just talking about the boat besides being a classic ..... the parts that are on the boat..XR drive..headers ...planes.....gauges....trailer...would be worth more than the asking price!!

I am about to spend more than this on a drive alone with no transom assy. That is all that I was saying

For sure... seems like money goes in, never comes back out:bonk:

mphatc
01-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Boats are holes in the water in which we throw money into, and watch it sink . .
only wood boats seem to float money . . now that came out funnier than I expected . .
This Magnum 27 is a cool boat, and well worth the price, Seller, from another forum thread, wants to move to something faster IRC . . .
but it is a personal use boat .. 27 Mags don't have any space below, think of a 27' Donzi 18 that is super tough and can handle any water . .
My 1968 Magnum has absolutley no hull stress marks, and below the cockpit, these boats are built . .strong. . with quality!
Pirate Racing ran a Magnum 27 Starfire in offshore racing 2 years back , single BB Chevy, over 80 mph . . and they place 3rd IRC correctly in the season with what really was an antique design!
Mario L.
69 Corsican
68 Magnum 27

kcatucci
01-13-2009, 10:03 AM
B O A T = Bring On Another Thousand

Madcow
01-13-2009, 09:23 PM
That is an exeptional deal if thats the boat you want. The only problem is how many guys REALLY want a 27" boat with only 3 seats, no cabin, no storage space thats 30 years old that you have to insure? Cool boat, but a long way from practical. Still a cool boat in IMHO.