PDA

View Full Version : Cheap inflatable boat cover?

zimm17
01-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Since I'm now in Hawaii and left the Donzi at my parent's place with a blown engine... I managed to get my 13' Achilles inflatable, 20HP evinrude, and a west marine boat trailer-in-a-box shipped out here for fun. I built the trailer, got the boat registered, and waiting for trailer tags. I'm hunting high and low for a boat cover that will fit. Coverquest wants $400. I only need a cheapo- something under $200 that will last 2 years.

Overall length is 13', and it's 6' wide. All the discount cover web sites say to give them the centerline measurement, but that doesn't include the 3' sponsons that stick out past the transom.

Anyone have any ideas?

zelatore
01-07-2009, 11:50 PM
Since I'm now in Hawaii and left the Donzi at my parent's place with a blown engine... I managed to get my 13' Achilles inflatable, 20HP evinrude, and a west marine boat trailer-in-a-box shipped out here for fun. I built the trailer, got the boat registered, and waiting for trailer tags. I'm hunting high and low for a boat cover that will fit. Coverquest wants $400. I only need a cheapo- something under $200 that will last 2 years.
Overall length is 13', and it's 6' wide. All the discount cover web sites say to give them the centerline measurement, but that doesn't include the 3' sponsons that stick out past the transom.
Anyone have any ideas?
Did you check West? I've got one of their generic covers on my 10' RIB.

If you need drop me a note and I'll call my rep in the morning and see what I can get one for.

RedDog
01-08-2009, 07:44 AM
tarp?

zimm17
01-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Did you check West? I've got one of their generic covers on my 10' RIB.
If you need drop me a note and I'll call my rep in the morning and see what I can get one for.

Yup, they only go up to 10' according to the salesman.

I'm probably stuck with a tarp.

VetteLT193
01-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Yup, they only go up to 10' according to the salesman.
I'm probably stuck with a tarp.

Or just pick one up from any retail store like wal mart. you can find something that will fit for under $100... i'd say the smallest one for a fishing boat would work if you strap it down right.

Marlin275
01-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Workforce 11ft.3in x 15ft.5in -5.1 Millimeter Thick All Purpose Blue Tarp
Model 230-641
$21.69/EA Each

homedepot.com