PDA

View Full Version : IMCO Xtreme SC upper and IMCO satin finsih lower!!

SilverBack
01-07-2009, 04:15 AM
IMCO Xtreme SC upper and lower. 1.50:1 gear ratio. Just rebuilt with new gears. Billet bearings. Big prop shaft. Torsional vertical shaft. IMCO hydraulic steering back plate included. Pressure tested. $7,850. Drive shower included. The drive has been run since the rebuid for a few hours. PM me for details if intrested in purchasing the drive. Thanks!

Last Real Texan
01-07-2009, 08:11 AM
Wtf!

Lenny
01-07-2009, 08:59 AM
That drive on an 18 and $7800 bucks would ROCK someones world. I know it would mine. :yes:

Now, if I didn't just "waste" money on vehicles I'd have that already on the LE :yes:

BUIZILLA
01-07-2009, 09:11 AM
That drive on an 18 and $7800 bucks would ROCK someones world. I know it would mine. :yes:

Now, if I didn't just "waste" money on vehicles I'd have that already on the LE :yes: with an Alpha gimble?? :bonk:

Lenny
01-07-2009, 10:01 AM
with an Alpha gimble?? :bonk:

Give me a break Jim. Like the Alpha gimbal would be staying. BRAVO baby, BRAVO :yes:

Give me a little credit... :D

You're gonna luv the new mods :yes:

Lenny
01-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Are you including the transom assembly ? or just the upper and lower ?

Last Real Texan
01-07-2009, 06:58 PM
So are you now going down the Arneson route? If so I have a ASD7 conversion kit for Bravo that I do not need... decided against it.

Complete kit $ 16,300.00 includes BAM tranny and steering as well, you may need a few fittings but other than that it is complete.

Tex

Lenny
01-07-2009, 07:01 PM
So are you now going down the Arneson route? If so I have a ASD7 conversion kit for Bravo that I do not need... decided against it.

Complete kit $ 16,300.00 includes BAM tranny and steering as well, you may need a few fittings but other than that it is complete.

Tex

The Arneson (even with $3500 rocker plates) will provide less bow lift than the Xtreme lower he has... as you know... :)

SilverBack
01-07-2009, 07:20 PM

Tex

So...I wish that you would have told me sooner!!! Can you do an installment plan for a ZX bro with no dough?????

SilverBack
01-07-2009, 07:22 PM
The Arneson (even with $3500 rocker plates) will provide less bow lift than the Xtreme lower he has... as you know... :)

Yes..True...but It will through a much better looking rooster tail at 75 or 80!!!!

That is all that I am worried about..I would not even think about going faster....I would be thinking about how cool that I looked!!!!

SilverBack
01-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Are you including the transom assembly ? or just the upper and lower ?

It is just the upper and lower!! Did I price this too low??? Oh well..it is out there now!!! I will sell the Gimble but it will be a little more $$$$$$

Lenny
01-07-2009, 07:53 PM
It is just the upper and lower!! Did I price this too low??? Oh well..it is out there now!!! I will sell the Gimble but it will be a little more $$$$$$

I am just curious as to what you are putting on there now...

And no, the price, not too low. When this is available new for $2800 more. :) I'd say you are not giving it away.

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/files/20836_1.jpg

SilverBack
01-07-2009, 07:59 PM
They do not have that drive any more Lenny. I just got off the phone with IMCO today. That drive also has to have a transmission. The new drive that took that ones place is a SCT. I don't know where you can get a 1000 for $2,800 more but where ever it is call them and tell them that I will buy one!!! IMCO sell the one that is a step down from that one..The SCX fro 17,000. I know..I just talked to them about it today!! The SCT is over 20k without transmisson and he said that the SCX is holding up better anyway. Thanks again for looking!

SilverBack
01-07-2009, 08:02 PM
BTW..Lenny...that is just the drive that I am talking about...The Transom assy. that is shown is over 8k and with the box and trans you are over 30 k per side with that assy. That is with the SCT drive that took that drives place.

The Hedgehog
01-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Tex

Tell him the truth, it is really the ASD6 kit with the longer ASD7 skeg. WTF, I thought that we talked about this?:tase:

SilverBack
01-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Tell him the truth, it is really the ASD6 kit with the longer ASD7 skeg. WTF, I thought that we talked about this?:tase:

Mr..Banker Man!!! I needs me a loan!!! To buy this rooster tail spraying machine to put on my boat!!!!

You guys really know how to kill someones thread where they are trying to sale some stuff!!! You are scarin away all of the peeps that be tryin to buy my stuff!!

Boatless
01-09-2009, 08:27 PM

What's the difference between them? Did TEx buy it new and not use it?

I am amazed at what IMCO gets for their drives. Seems they make some today and quit making them tomorrow.:shocking:

The Hedgehog
01-10-2009, 02:02 PM
What's the difference between them? Did TEx buy it new and not use it?
I am amazed at what IMCO gets for their drives. Seems they make some today and quit making them tomorrow.:shocking:

Other than the skeg we have yet to find a difference. Tex's is used.

We think that Arneson went with a bigger skeg as some boats were getting light in the back and spinning out of control.

IMCO is proud of them drives.

Boatless
01-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Other than the skeg we have yet to find a difference. Tex's is used.
We think that Arneson went with a bigger skeg as some boats were getting light in the back and spinning out of control.
IMCO is proud of them drives.

So you are saying that the Arnesons are all spinning out all the time?

The Hedgehog
01-11-2009, 10:16 PM
So you are saying that the Arnesons are all spinning out all the time?

No, but there have been some pretty bad cat accidents that happened.

Boatless
01-12-2009, 01:20 AM
No, but there have been some pretty bad cat accidents that happened.

For example?

Were the accidents the fault of Arneson or?

The Hedgehog
01-12-2009, 08:54 AM
For example?
Were the accidents the fault of Arneson or?

I don't really care to list them nor will say that Arneson was at fault. Like I said, "We think"

We can call them coincidences if you like. Like when one cat is moving along at 100+ at a poker run and happens to spin violently in front of another without an known reason causing a bunch of people to get killed. Did the driver who was experienced at operating those types of boats yank on the wheel? or did the boat get light in the back and not have enough skeg in the water? I think that they actually dropped the ASD6 now (need to confirm that) in favor of the 7 which has more skeg.

Don't get me wrong, I think that Arneson's are cool and would love to own one. I would love to see someone pull it off in a 26-30 single v. It just takes the right R&D and right hull. I would have done it on my 26 if I felt I could have pulled it off. I have a friend that did an Arneson conversion on his Hustler. The boat loves them, at least till it gets to 100 and the ass end gets light. Then it is way out of control. The boat has been driven to 119.

I know another guy that put Pulse drives on a 32 foot Envision. His transom has now been reglassed and he has Bravo drives. This boat ran good to around 75 and then got out of control. It did the whole chine walk porpuse dance then hooked. That made for a nice swim.

Both of these guys did a bunch of homework and spend real money on props.

If a proven combo could be found, Arneson's are actually a pretty good deal. You get a bunch of stuff with the kit. Go buy an IMCO setup, steering and a box and you are most of the way there but you still have to worry about a Bravo type drive.

I would imagine that someone is working on a combo for 26 - 28 foot soprt boats as we speak.

Boatless
01-12-2009, 01:05 PM
The accident you are referring to was in OK and the police report stated the cause of the boat hooking was a delaminating of the bottom on the Port sponson of the eliminator. They were ASD8 with twin fins on the boat I saw a pic of the boat before in some mag.

Although the truth comes out in the end it seems that some want to associate the cause incorrectly.

The 388 Hustler goes 119? That is fast but the bottom of those boats are not good past much more than 105. If it is out of control you are placing blame on the Arneson and that is the wrong thing again. They are out of control with #5's and Bravos so why would anyone expect anything less with the Arneson.

I am not attacking you, rather the misinformation that people so commonly put out there.

It must be hard to sell arneson when there is so much disbeliefs and half facts spewed out there. It’s hard to read a positive thing when it’s a back handed compliment.

I was intrigued that you felt the boats with arnesons spin out or are involved with crashes but you are totally ignoring all the accidents that do not have an arneson on them.

I think they should rename their product the redheaded step child:yes:

Last Real Texan
01-12-2009, 02:07 PM
The accident you are referring to was in OK and the police report stated the cause of the boat hooking was a delaminating of the bottom on the Port sponson of the eliminator. They were ASD8 with twin fins on the boat I saw a pic of the boat before in some mag.
Although the truth comes out in the end it seems that some want to associate the cause incorrectly.
The 388 Hustler goes 119? That is fast but the bottom of those boats are not good past much more than 105. If it is out of control you are placing blame on the Arneson and that is the wrong thing again. They are out of control with #5's and Bravos so why would anyone expect anything less with the Arneson.
I am not attacking you, rather the misinformation that people so commonly put out there.
It must be hard to sell arneson when there is so much disbeliefs and half facts spewed out there. It’s hard to read a positive thing when it’s a back handed compliment.
I was intrigued that you felt the boats with arnesons spin out or are involved with crashes but you are totally ignoring all the accidents that do not have an arneson on them.

The incidant that Bill is speaking of was out on the California Delta a while back that involved a 30 or 32 Skater with 700 Na's and ASD6's...The boat was operated by a Guy named Rick Razer ( sp) I believe.

The Lake Cumberland incidant was a boat that was runnning #'6's recent event.

Tex

Boatless
01-12-2009, 05:30 PM
The incidant that Bill is speaking of was out on the California Delta a while back that involved a 30 or 32 Skater with 700 Na's and ASD6's...The boat was operated by a Guy named Rick Razer ( sp) I believe.
The Lake Cumberland incidant was a boat that was runnning #'6's recent event.
Tex

That' the accident where they guys ran thru the mud trying to pass everyone like an ***** and ripped the drives off? I didn't hear of anyone getting killed though.

Don't forget the Formula with Bravos in MD, the Cigarette with SSM#6's in PA, the Outermilits with SSM#6's in MI, the Eliminator with IMCO's in Havasu and so on.

The Hedgehog
01-12-2009, 06:33 PM

Easy now,

I think that you have some pretty good information.

I will clear the air. First of all, I was really just pulling Keith's chain. I actually addressed this in another post and Keith called BS. I even went as far as telling Brian that we should not be talking in the parts for sale section. I probably should have spoken up in the other section by now. I will do that.

Second, I never said I was stating a fact. It is my opinion that there is a skeg issue with the ASD6. Maybe I am wrong. If so, it sounds like you know the facts so by all means please speak up.

Now I apolgize that this got so far. I would not float out this type of BS in a tech section and should not have done it on Keith's parts for sale post. If Keith really wants to sell his drive, I will ask that this be deleted.

Now as far as the Hustler and Intrepid with surface drives. Those statements are true and the info comes straight from the a few people that drove the boats. Both of those boats were a handfull (one still is). I would agree that the 388 is probably out of hull at 105. I would like to know the handling difference between an Arneson and a #6.

Yes, plenty of accidents occur with #6's.

Now I will say it again. I think that they have a great product and would LOVE to see someone pull it off with a single engine between 26 and 30 feet. I think that we could have a meaningful discussion on the tech section. I will start it now and would like you to join in. It seems like you have some good info to share.

SilverBack
01-12-2009, 08:12 PM
So....which one of you suckers is going to buy my drive??? :confused: I hope that Formula Jr banns all of you from the registry!! :mad: I am trying to sell my drive and you guys are talking about Arneson skegs and other boats!! How is all of this going to help me sell my drive?? :nilly: I think that you guys need to get together and decide which one needs a drive the most and you should be obligated to purchase my drive for the listed price!!:mad: If I have a drive failure at 90 MPH in my boat because I could not buy a heavier duty drive because you guys sabotoged my drive I hope that you are all happy!! Thanks for nothing!! Suckers!!

:wink:

Boatless
01-12-2009, 08:33 PM
So....which one of you suckers is going to buy my drive??? :confused: I hope that Formula Jr banns all of you from the registry!! :mad: I am trying to sell my drive and you guys are talking about Arneson skegs and other boats!! How is all of this going to help me sell my drive?? :nilly: I think that you guys need to get together and decide which one needs a drive the most and you should be obligated to purchase my drive for the listed price!!:mad: If I have a drive failure at 90 MPH in my boat because I could not buy a heavier duty drive because you guys sabotoged my drive I hope that you are all happy!! Thanks for nothing!! Suckers!!
:wink:

Where on earth are you going to find a more heavy duty drive unit than an Arneson?:bonk:

Lenny
01-12-2009, 10:20 PM
I hope that Formula Jr banns all of you from the registry!!

You won't be hearing from him anytime soon...

Boatless
01-12-2009, 11:45 PM
Easy now,
I think that you have some pretty good information.
I will clear the air. First of all, I was really just pulling Keith's chain. I actually addressed this in another post and Keith called BS. I even went as far as telling Brian that we should not be talking in the parts for sale section. I probably should have spoken up in the other section by now. I will do that.
Second, I never said I was stating a fact. It is my opinion that there is a skeg issue with the ASD6. Maybe I am wrong. If so, it sounds like you know the facts so by all means please speak up.
Now I apolgize that this got so far. I would not float out this type of BS in a tech section and should not have done it on Keith's parts for sale post. If Keith really wants to sell his drive, I will ask that this be deleted.
Now as far as the Hustler and Intrepid with surface drives. Those statements are true and the info comes straight from the a few people that drove the boats. Both of those boats were a handfull (one still is). I would agree that the 388 is probably out of hull at 105. I would like to know the handling difference between an Arneson and a #6.
Yes, plenty of accidents occur with #6's.
Now I will say it again. I think that they have a great product and would LOVE to see someone pull it off with a single engine between 26 and 30 feet. I think that we could have a meaningful discussion on the tech section. I will start it now and would like you to join in. It seems like you have some good info to share.

I don't claim to know anything; rather I don't believe in B.S. when I live in reality. Hence the reason they should change their name to RHSC, (red headed step child) as the dis information seems greater than the real information.

The 388 you speak of has a set of what 1,000 hp engines in it? It runs 119 which is extremely fast by anyone’s standards. My buddy has a 388 with 525 Bravos and it chines at 88, porpoises at anything over 79 and if he reacts fast enough with the tabs he can control it. But if he lets it go, he has to basically slow way down, adjust everything and then go again as there is no correcting it once it goes bad. Just like a women, there is no stop that switch. So I've heard him research all the alternatives to the Bravos and he came to the conclusion that the Arnesons were faster, handled better but the boats over 110 are a handful regardless.

My friend wants to go the RHSC route so bad he can taste it but this economy has made him realize he cannot afford his rock and roll life style as the home equity is no longer there.

But that does not stop people from bashing the RHSC:kingme:

Like I noted in your comments, you portray the RHSC as being dangerous when in fact there are other reasons responsible for what happens in life. I didn’t know they made a larger, or smaller for that fact, rudder on the drive units. Guess it makes things better as long as it does not slow the boat.

I searched Eddie Young on OSO. Did he change the 388 to the larger rudders?

The Hedgehog
01-13-2009, 03:16 AM
The 388 you speak of has a set of what 1,000 hp engines in it? It runs 119 which is extremely fast by anyone’s standards. My buddy has a 388 with 525 Bravos and it chines at 88, porpoises at anything over 79 and if he reacts fast enough with the tabs he can control it. But if he lets it go, he has to basically slow way down, adjust everything and then go again as there is no correcting it once it goes bad. Just like a women, there is no stop that switch. So I've heard him research all the alternatives to the Bravos and he came to the conclusion that the Arnesons were faster, handled better but the boats over 110 are a handful regardless.

Like I noted in your comments, you portray the RHSC as being dangerous when in fact there are other reasons responsible for what happens in life. I didn’t know they made a larger, or smaller for that fact, rudder on the drive units. Guess it makes things better as long as it does not slow the boat.
I searched Eddie Young on OSO. Did he change the 388 to the larger rudders?[/QUOTE]

Like I said, I really never meant to bash Arneson. Eddie does not bash Arneson drives so I don't really know where he got dragged into this.

If your buddy's 388 does that, its not dailed in right to begin with.

I have started a real thread in the tech section where this all belongs. There is the place where the real merits of this should be discussed in a real discussion.

SilverBack
01-13-2009, 03:23 AM
If you guys don't stop talking all this crazy talk about Arnesons ...someone is going to loose an eye!!! Please...come back to your senses!!! Did you get together and figure out who is going to buy my drive yet?? I am waiting on my check!!!

The Hedgehog
01-13-2009, 12:41 PM
If you guys don't stop talking all this crazy talk about Arnesons ...someone is going to loose an eye!!! Please...come back to your senses!!! Did you get together and figure out who is going to buy my drive yet?? I am waiting on my check!!!

Don't worry, if Tex does not get an Arneson he will need to buy your drive as a spare.

As for me, I have more "Book learnen" to do. I am not a gentleman and scholar like Tex (or have any character for that matter). I guess that I pretty much suck. Hell, I should not even be allowed to mention his name.

Be careful, don't put that eye out:wink: