PDA

View Full Version : 22 Shelby Edition spotting

apollo24
01-05-2009, 10:12 AM
I had a boat showing yesterday on Dog River off of Mobile Bay, so we decided to put the X in and go by boat- saving about 30 minutes over driving. The weather was supposed to be nasty but turned out great. Only an hour each way.

On the way back down the river we pulled up to a new waterfront restaurant and there was a silver 22 Classic Shelby boat! Not only that but a 35 Fountain that I sold to a guy last year. Very unusual to see go-fasts on this river, unless you count a pink picklefork outboard boat (that, btw, hauls ass).

Anyway, the guy bought the Shelby from someone in CT and brought it down. It's a 2006, I think. He had never heard of the Registry but hopefully he will log on soon! I told him about all the events, etc. Not sure if he is a Donzi nut or not, but he is starting out with a good one.

p729lws
01-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Ben,

Where is thew water front joint???

Dan

Barry Eller
01-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Lets go...eat, drink and be US.

apollo24
01-07-2009, 01:56 PM
Hey guys,

It is under the Dog River Bridge in Mobile. Used to be called the Beachcomber. Pretty neat little joint.

I have the NOLA boat show this wknd, but what do you guys think about meeting somewhere between here and Pcola next wknd or so? I trust my boat more than my trailer. I have taken the boat to work once or twice- it's about an hour by water at cruise. I would be interested in running her in those waters over there again- I think the last time was Blue Angels, when Dan had the yellow Donzi!

Barry, is your rig running? Isn't there another boat or two over there?

Barry Eller
01-08-2009, 07:33 AM
Hey guys,

It is under the Dog River Bridge in Mobile. Used to be called the Beachcomber. Pretty neat little joint.

I have the NOLA boat show this wknd, but what do you guys think about meeting somewhere between here and Pcola next wknd or so? I trust my boat more than my trailer. I have taken the boat to work once or twice- it's about an hour by water at cruise. I would be interested in running her in those waters over there again- I think the last time was Blue Angels, when Dan had the yellow Donzi!

Barry, is your rig running? Isn't there another boat or two over there?

Yip runs, but not well. After I dropped the valve and repaired it for the Owners Rally, it wouldn't turn up rpm's. I tore a tendon in my right thumb installing the cylinder head in the marathon to get it running for the Rally. So, to avoid surgery I have been wearing a brace on my right hand to keep the thumb mobilized. It is healing nicely, but the Dr. doesn't want me pulling wrenches just yet. It is amazing how much we use our thumbs!

The wife's Caddy or my Chebby truck will make it though!

Donziweasel
01-08-2009, 07:51 AM
Apollo, Boo Boo's parents live 1 mile from the Dog River Bridge on Perch Creek( first creek on the right after the bridge). Neat area. Do you live around there?

apollo24
01-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Apollo, Boo Boo's parents live 1 mile from the Dog River Bridge on Perch Creek( first creek on the right after the bridge). Neat area. Do you live around there?

Interesting- I used to live on the other side of the bridge on Hollinger's Island. Perch Creek is very quaint. I have several friends with places up there.

I now live directly across the bay. On clear days I can see Dog River Bridge from our street.

Donziweasel
01-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Man, we should have met up last spring. We stayed at the Grand Hotel for Boo Boo's parents 40th anniversary. They also have a house on Dauphin Island. We get back there a few times a year. If you would like to ever meet, first round is on us!:wink:

apollo24
01-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Man, we should have met up last spring. We stayed at the Grand Hotel for Boo Boo's parents 40th anniversary. They also have a house on Dauphin Island. We get back there a few times a year. If you would like to ever meet, first round is on us!:wink:

First and last round!

We live right up from the Grand. They love it when I bring the Donzi in there right at dark and rev it up. It bounces off all of the walls of the bldgs.