PDA

View Full Version : Poll

RedDog
01-04-2009, 10:46 PM
It's going to be a long winter...

zelatore
01-04-2009, 10:53 PM
I'd vote other, but I don't really want to watch either of them in the mud...

Maybe they can each nominate a stand in? One of them has a pic in his avatar that would do nicely.

SilverBack
01-04-2009, 11:01 PM
I apologize to all of you guys!!! I really do..I know that you guys come here to relax and talk about boats and boating issues. I have many of you that have PMed me all with support and I want to thanks you very much.....I hope the dog and pony show is over!!

I would love to see that mud wrestling with the girl in my avatar standing in though!!:wink:

Ghost
01-05-2009, 05:20 AM
That avatar of yours needs a full-size attachment posted.

BUIZILLA
01-05-2009, 06:38 AM
anger management classes really piss me off... :nilly:

The Hedgehog
01-05-2009, 08:15 AM
I voted for the match. It should be done while I am hanging around at the other end of the lake with Jefe's bikini show:popcorn:

roadtrip se
01-05-2009, 08:59 AM
I have many of you that have PMed me all with support and I want to thanks you very much.....I hope the dog and pony show is over!!

Hmm, sounds like the beginning of another clique. Could we have a clique inside of the clique? Very interesting.

As for the suggestion of mud wrestling, could be a winner. The only problem would be agreeing on a place with all of the inferences, implications, deciphering, and code speak that would be going on in the process.

Funny thing, nobody has ever accused me of not being direct in my language on the web and in person. Guess it could be fun to give it a whirl, since I am supposedly already doing it.

Now where in the hell did I put that sweater vest, hair gel, and paisley tie?

Trueser
01-05-2009, 06:48 PM
It's over.:toilet:

I would like to see you run at AOTH this year. Don't back out.

SilverBack
01-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks Mike!!! I hope that you are right!!:angel:

roadtrip se
01-06-2009, 09:26 AM
but only for a moment.

Keith, Mike is right.

While I think you would have to agree that neither one of us is on each other's Christmas card list, you have seen about 10% of what this community is about from behind a screen and a keyboard. And you seem to be making a lot of calls and judgements on the people here, myself as primary exhibit number one, based on this.

The other 90% of this community is based on the long standing friendships built at these gatherings that have been going on for years.

You should come to AOTH to see what this gang is REALLY about. Your perspective would change. Reality is that there is plenty of room for everybody from all walks of life and the rumblings of winter are soon forgotten when the keys are turned at the docks.

The Hedgehog
01-06-2009, 06:19 PM
but only for a moment.
Keith, Mike is right.
While I think you would have to agree that neither one of us is on each other's Christmas card list, you have seen about 10% of what this community is about from behind a screen and a keyboard. And you seem to be making a lot of calls and judgements on the people here, myself as primary exhibit number one, based on this.
The other 90% of this community is based on the long standing friendships built at these gatherings that have been going on for years.
You should come to AOTH to see what this gang is REALLY about. Your perspective would change. Reality is that there is plenty of room for everybody from all walks of life and the rumblings of winter are soon forgotten when the keys are turned at the docks.

Good post Todd and true.

SilverBack
01-06-2009, 07:00 PM
I am all for putting the sabers down!!! Point taken!!! I am planning on going to Eufaula and I would love to go to Lake Powell!! I will see how that goes and take it from there. I am thinking pretty hard about doing a few poker runs this year..they sound like a lot of fun too. Mix it up a little!!

Thanks guys!!

zelatore
01-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Come to Powel with us in June. We're not a Big Deal or anything, but if you've never been the lake is freekin' amazing.
Just don't pass the rangers on the water. They don't like it. Even if they are in a Donzi.
(not that I'd know or anything)

SilverBack
01-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Powell does look like the most beautiful place!! I am going to try my best to make it out there this year for sure!! I don't think that I would be wanting to run too fast out there anyway with all of that beautiful scenery but is there a speed limit or something?? When are you guys going to have a date?

zelatore
01-06-2009, 08:00 PM
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54589&page=5

Tenative dates June 17-21.

Assuming DW thaws out sometime this spring, lake levels should be great.

NO speed limit. I just discovered (quite by accident) that if you pass within a certain distance (100 yards?) while on plane they get a bit testy.

Looks like it would be about 1500 miles for you :eek: That's almost twice as far as my haul!

DonziJon
01-07-2009, 09:18 AM
I Went By Lake Powell once on a motorcycle. It was July 3, 1985 and it was STINKIN HOT. It was a Dry Heat though....only 100F at the time so it wasn't all that bad as long as you were moving.

One of the benefits of Dry Heat is you don't sweat, so you can wear the same shirt for days at a time. :yes: Carry plenty of water and don't be afraid to drink it. John

BTW: Going to Powell would almost Guarantee a place in the Clique. :cool!:

Rootsy
01-07-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm pretty sure I missed something... What I am not quite sure....