PDA

View Full Version : Trim control on the throttle??

SilverBack
01-01-2009, 12:18 AM
Many of you know that there are a few of us that have packed a little extra HP in our ZXs. It is not that easy to control the trim with the switch upon the control panel. Who has installed a trim switch on the throttle? How did you like it? What brand? Any suggestions?

Also do they make a switch that lets you control your tabs and trim on the throttle?

Could you use one like this to control the drive and tabs?

http://compx.com/lmi_eblast/2008-02-04/

BlownCrewCab
01-01-2009, 07:55 AM
Yup, Thats nice stuff. You can do it on the throttle or on the steering wheel. I think some Good Trim indicators are Mandatory now...especially for the tabs, It's a good idea to know exactly where they are before you get on it (throttle) too hard.

The Hedgehog
01-01-2009, 08:45 AM
Livorsi makes one. It works fine

BigGrizzly
01-01-2009, 10:55 AM
I am surprised that boat does not have one, it was a stock Merc assy on that boat. Me I have one on the steering column, not the wheel. the wheel one is always in the wrong place. mine is like a turn signal and can be operated with one finger. With mine when I need the trim at full throttle, it would too hard to operate because the throttle is facing at 7/8 o clock. My hand is always on the wheel so it is good for me. This also lets me keep the ORIGINAL, Donzi knob in stead of some hacked up piece of aftermarket junk:wink:

f_inscreenname
01-02-2009, 01:04 AM
Mine is on the wheel. I love it.

BigGrizzly
01-02-2009, 10:36 AM
With full hydraulic steering the head pin,ie center of steering, is never the same. So today the wheel trim may be on the right then later, not same day of course it will be on the bottom or left. Obviously you do not have it so it would be fine. Mine use to be on the wheel until 70+ mandated the hydraulic steering, NO mechanical cable. Yes this is a normal situation for it as anyone who has full can tell you.

Ed Donnelly
01-02-2009, 10:55 AM
My trim is foot controlled. Doesn't matter what the steering wheel or throttle position is, my feet are always on the floor:wink:...Ed

BigGrizzly
01-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Cool ED, now try to control that in 3 footers:wink:

Ed Donnelly
01-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Haven't had a problem so far

SilverBack
01-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Ed...sweet...I have never seen one of those!! Thanks for the post...I will look into that option....You need to post more by the way...you could share a lot of that vast knowledge of yours!! You have had some really great projects!!

BigGrizzly
01-03-2009, 12:30 PM
ED when was the last time you drove that boat?

Ed Donnelly
01-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Randy; OUCH that was a little below the belt... more like right in the acorns:garfield:..

Between the heart attack, stroke, cancer, floaters, copd, I may be missing a few, I haven't driven her since 1,ooo Islands 2005 :frown:

BUT...... she is ready to go. Blower is on and has been run on the hose..

Prop testing to follow this May, June...

Will need some props from you.. Coming to 1,000 Islands this year???..Ed

BigGrizzly
01-03-2009, 12:54 PM
Now that is low. Now, remember who you are talking to little boy. I had a heart valve replacement Two cancers floaters that can't be fixed, but you got me on the stroke part.:nilly::shocking: So you on that one. But we both win on the living part, Life is still good. BTW if it weren't for the heart valve I would not have bough my Criterion out from under Poodle.:shocking: BTW I have several trim switches even one in the bilge.

CHACHI
01-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Ed, when I saw you last month, you weren't quite hittin on all 8. I hope you are feeling better.

Ken

Ed Donnelly
01-03-2009, 01:20 PM
LITTLE BOY ????? Didn't your Momma teach you to respect your elders???
I am nearly 9 months older than you:yes::yes:...

Hey every day is a good day when you wake up..........Ed

Ken; May have to spend a month in hospital if doc puts me on that nasty drug.

I have to keep my kids safe.... Sorry we didn't get more time together
You were gone when we came back...........Ed

BigGrizzly
01-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Yes she did, but she is no longer around to give me "What Fore" whatever that is. So I am reliving my childhood.