PDA

View Full Version : Just got in from "used" truck/van shopping in Cali

Lenny
12-31-2008, 03:58 PM
The prices are unbelievable. An all but NEW (2006) 17,000 mile Ford Van (I'm gonna pick it up) for $6500. I looked at dozens and dozens of 2500/F-350 Diesel trucks, all with lift kits and sooo many add-ons and wheels and suspension and such and I could get into one for as little as $11K with a high of about 24K. Unbelievable prices for me to see.

H2 Hummers in the low 20's everywhere.

The van is about 1/3 price of at home, the trucks about 1/2.

Deal city for sure. Now I just gotta get the rental back home in a few days and fly back...

these are all used items.

LKSD
01-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Yes, as far as buying a cars, trucks & boats it seems to be a buyers market lately.. Good luck with the new ride.. :) Jamie

zelatore
01-02-2009, 11:52 PM
So.....have you picked out any of our lovely rust-free California beauties to spirit away north of the boarder?

BTW - I've been meaning to share this one since back in the politics days.

After your elections, you mentioned Canada had many parties, including a national pot party. I mentioned this to Michele who's response was 'Really? When's that?'. Uh, political party Michele, political party...

We're still getting a good laugh out of that one.

SilverBack
01-03-2009, 04:05 AM
So.....have you picked out any of our lovely rust-free California beauties to spirit away north of the boarder?

BTW - I've been meaning to share this one since back in the politics days.

After your elections, you mentioned Canada had many parties, including a national pot party. I mentioned this to Michele who's response was 'Really? When's that?'. Uh, political party Michele, political party...

We're still getting a good laugh out of that one.

That is pretty funny!!!

BUIZILLA
01-03-2009, 07:35 AM
including a national pot party. ya know, if they legalized it, it sure would mellow out a few million angry people... we damm sure weren't this angry and aggressive in the 60's-70's-80's that for sure... :nilly:

Ghost
01-03-2009, 07:58 AM
ya know, if they legalized it, it sure would mellow out a few million angry people... we damm sure weren't this angry and aggressive in the 60's-70's-80's that for sure... :nilly:

Agreed. I'm putting the over/under at 9 years. I'm taking the under.

osur866
01-03-2009, 08:00 AM
ya know, if they legalized it, it sure would mellow out a few million angry people... we damm sure weren't this angry and aggressive in the 60's-70's-80's that for sure... :nilly:
Yeah but there werent any taxes on it, if they legalized it then they would have to regulate and tax the chit out of it. Steve

BUIZILLA
01-03-2009, 08:14 AM
so, let 'em tax it.. more for the Dem's to suck up and waste...

they already tax fuel and alcohol and tobacco, and people still stand in line for that stuff, so what's the difference?..

:hijack: :cool!:

Ghost
01-03-2009, 08:20 AM
I don't know if this is true, but I'm guessing that even with a huge tax it could still end up cheaper than whatever it costs on the black market, and probably of much better and more consistent qualtity. Just my suspicion.

osur866
01-03-2009, 08:21 AM
so, let 'em tax it.. more for the Dem's to suck up and waste...

they already tax fuel and alcohol and tobacco, and people still stand in line for that stuff, so what's the difference?..

:hijack: :cool!: Agreed, just stating that they wouldn't be able to simply legalize it without growing the goverment several fold, Steve

zelatore
01-03-2009, 10:08 AM
Wow - now that's a hijack!

BUIZILLA
01-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Wow - now that's a hijack! well, actually it's not.... Lenny needs a new(er) van to haul all those bricks and bales...

you know, mortar bricks and bales of hay....

now what where you thinking... :shades:

Ed Donnelly
01-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Lenny; So how much pot are you bringing back, that you need a van????:nilly:.........Ed

Lenny
01-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Got a Van for $6999.00 that here would go for $18,000. EASY. I looked at a PILE of GMC/CHEVY 2500's, 3500's and Ford F-250 and F-350's.

They are giving them away. The list of extras on these things (all turned in to credit agencies due to non-payment) was un-imaginable. 12" lift kits, exhaust, tires, stereo's etc etc etc. All but NO miles...

15-25K :D

Didn't pull the pin on one of them yet. Too much snow to shovel and Pot to put into the new van in the frame rails.

AWARD WINNING thread Hi-Jack Buiz :yes: :yes: :yes:

BUIZILLA
01-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Len,,, fill the spare with buds and use nitrogen to blow it back up, it'll stay fresher...

if you stuff the main tires it'll separate the seeds quicker as it rotates

of course, tire balance could be affected...

not that I know anything about that.. :bonk:

fogducker III
01-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Len,,, fill the spare with buds and use nitrogen to blow it back up, it'll stay fresher...

if you stuff the main tires it'll separate the seeds quicker as it rotates

of course, tire balance could be affected...

not that I know anything about that.. :bonk:

No seeds in "BC bud"..............:wink::pizza::pretzel:

Lenny
01-04-2009, 08:17 PM
No seeds in "BC bud"..............:wink::pizza::pretzel:

:D :D :D

Yo mon :yes: