PDA

View Full Version : Did you get a ride in GEOO's boat??

SilverBack
12-30-2008, 12:48 AM
I think that everybody agrees that GEOO's X-18 was (is) the fastest classic Donzi on the planet. Am I wrong??

What I want to know is how many of you got to go for a ride in it? Did anyone but George ever drive it? What were your impressions? I know that it was a rocket and would really fly but how did you feel it handled? How did it do at say 60 or 75 or 50 for that matter? I know that most things that are made to go that far beyond the designed intent don't really do other things well. I have read post of people talking about the ride of their life but I just wanted a more complete idea of your thoughts of the overall experience.

Thanks you guys in advance. I am sure that you will all be forth coming!!

mattyboy
12-30-2008, 06:49 AM
the boat was very stable at all speeds
even his wife drove it and i know CDMA had driven it as well
it was a multi purpose boat and was a tow boat as well

was never lucky enuff to catch a ride, but saw her run in person many times. actually on one run geoo and i were late, the last 2 boats to leave i left 15 minutes ahead of him he arrived 15 minutes before i did :eek:

chris wake boarding behind it and his lovely wife heather driving it in the lake george donzi classic club women's poker run

BERTRAM BOY
12-30-2008, 07:38 AM
Yup.....got to drive it too. BRUTAL acceleration!!!

mattyboy
12-30-2008, 07:40 AM
don't forget the complimentary stick of gum ;)

BigGrizzly
12-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Anybody who ever showed up at an event was offered. The current owner actually videoed the dash at wfo and only held on to the camera, nothing else. Part of the charm of the boat was George himself. Thank God the current owner has this Charm too.

DonziJon
12-30-2008, 06:55 PM
SO: When will the current owner of Mighty Mouse make his Debut....and... will the boat be Even Stronger? .... Can we speculate?...?? I KNOW there are a couple of people on this board who KNOW. :yes: John

boxy
12-30-2008, 10:05 PM
don't forget the complimentary stick of gum ;)

:D :D

I've got some pictures somewhere from the 1st 1000 Islands event.

We were out running in FrankC's boat at about 60 MPH, GEOO and CDMA pulled up beside us, decided to switch seats, then dropped the hammer and were gone.....
It was a thing of beauty.

There was also the Coastie who told a not to be named board member that they had been watching Mighty Mouse all weekend, but because the river was very quiet due to the weather, it was being driven safely, and looked so stable, that they had overlooked the 120 MPH passes in front of their dock which sits firmly in the 30 MPH zone .... :D :D

Dr. Dan
12-30-2008, 10:25 PM
:popcorn: I have several of those pics and memories too Boxy, my favorite is when we pointed out the big Fountain that had "Triple Digits" scripted on its hull sides like some giant Penis Flag waving in the wind.... for those who were there.... it was incredible to watch an 18 foot boat literally make a Fountain Blow Up trying to beat him.

Geo smoked that guy so bad it was like he was standing still...I am pretty sure I pee'd my paints I was laughing so hard.

The best experience was often just driving along and then you would hear this Aircraft like sound like an F1 taking off from a ship or a runway...and then all you could see was and entrail and the faint sound of a 120 mph Classic wizzing by you like you were going 70 mph in reverse? The best Video was the Connecticut River Run.

Can't find that one but here is Cliff driving and screaming like the Man he is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4j6LOolD-w&feature=related

Kinda Cool

Anonymous :shades:

mattyboy
12-31-2008, 06:50 AM
the boat is the "BABE RUTH" of DONZI CLASSICS

Air 22
12-31-2008, 11:14 AM
On LG a few years ago in NW Bay I had the opportunity to go for an INSANE Ride w Geo:wink:..the summer b4 he sold the boat...
106gps and it had lots more to Go...:)...but we were light on fuel...the acceleration from 80ish to 100+ was flat out AWSOME....the boat literally flies on top of the water....and at lower speeds turns on a dime!....I didnt stop smiling for 2 weeks....:yes::) Thanks again DOC..:wink:
Bverd has some video of our run somewhere..hmmmm:)

RickR
12-31-2008, 05:53 PM
I thought my BBC 18 was "BAD" untill I drove "Mighty Mouse". She accelerated like a Jap Liter bike and rode like she was on rails.:eek:
GEOO said she was a little unstable untill he installed the horizontal tab on the bottom of the skeg.
AWESOME boat! One of a kind!

mattyboy
12-31-2008, 06:04 PM
another testament to Geoo and the boat

he threw a blade off the prop at over 100 mph and the boat vibrated but was still stable and could be slowed under control . surely that would be a white knuckled, seat soiling event at 50 in a mere classic

BigGrizzly
01-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Rick R. you do realize that his small block had more cubic inches then your BBC. The other thing is he used a Rocket block. That is a hard engine to build with that kind of power. If for now other reason my hat is off to him.

DonziJon
01-01-2009, 06:43 PM
:popcorn: I have several of those pics and memories too Boxy, my favorite is when we pointed out the big Fountain that had "Triple Digits" scripted on its hull sides like some giant Penis Flag waving in the wind.... for those who were there.... it was incredible to watch an 18 foot boat literally make a Fountain Blow Up trying to beat him.
Geo smoked that guy so bad it was like he was standing still...I am pretty sure I pee'd my paints I was laughing so hard.
The best experience was often just driving along and then you would hear this Aircraft like sound like an F1 taking off from a ship or a runway...and then all you could see was and entrail and the faint sound of a 120 mph Classic wizzing by you like you were going 70 mph in reverse? The best Video was the Connecticut River Run.
Can't find that one but here is Cliff driving and screaming like the Man he is!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4j6LOolD-w&feature=related
Kinda Cool
Anonymous :shades:

I keep rerunning this video....on the monitor ...and in my head...in the middle of the night. and can't help but Laugh Out Loud (Crack Up) along with the "Guest" driver. I think I must be a little NUTS. :nilly:

Just clipping along at.. probably 70....faster than almost all Classic owners have ever gone.....and GEEO says....C'mon ..Lets GO. And then the REVs go up......:wink::wink::wink::cool!::cool!::cool!: Laughter is contagious. John

DONZI
01-02-2009, 04:29 PM
I was also lucky enough to catch a couple rides with George. Actually the wakeboarding pics. i am the spotter in the Boat. The hook up on acceleration was enough to pull your hands off the grab handle. George spent sometime dialing in the C.G.,props,engine tuning etc.. The performance really showed thru on his ability to accomplish a fast & well handling boat.
I look forward to seeing it out again someday,even a de- tuned version.:)
I also hope to see George and Family/Friends again at another event.
Great people that are a lot of fun !:party:

:yes:Pic. below !

another testament to Geoo and the boat
he threw a blade off the prop at over 100 mph and the boat vibrated but was still stable and could be slowed under control . surely that would be a white knuckled, seat soiling event at 50 in a mere classic

BigGrizzly
01-02-2009, 07:14 PM
There was also the blower belt time too.

mattyboy
01-02-2009, 08:06 PM
forgot how cool as hell the rocker plates were