PDA

View Full Version : 1977 Donzi X-18

Forrest
12-29-2008, 01:25 PM
Its time for me to shorten my project list, so with much reluctance, I decide to put up for sale my 1977 black/white/red Donzi X-18 without power and drive-train, sitting on a custom fitted all-aluminum 2002 Rolls 2160 tandem-axle trailer with stainless-steel hubs.
As you can see from the pictures, this X will need a little work along with your power. The boat is structurally sound with no rot. The gel is all original, however the bottom below the chine has been painted matching white. The original aluminum fuel tank does not leak; however, like most all Donzis of this age with its original tank, should be replaced. The transom is presently cut out for a TRS, and the original Mercuriser TRS gimble assembly is still installed and included. I feel that the TRS set up is a bit too heavy for an 18 Donzi, and for that reason, I had planned on installing a brand new Volvo SX package that I had purchase a few years back. If anyone is interested in the Volvo SX setup, it is available separately (http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51745), along with my 77 hour old freshwater cooled 383 SBC (http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51744), but is not included in this deal. This X-18 also includes a Bilt-Rite cockpit cover that is almost new. Everything that you see in the pictures attached to the boat and trailer is included unless noted above.
Asking $5900
Boat is located in North Florida / SW Georgia area.

Mr X
12-29-2008, 07:39 PM
I have seen this GEM, it is nice! Someone needs to grab this bargain before I break down and buy it......
I have a NICE new Mercury engine and bravo drive just looking for a home.....Hmmmm.

olredalert
12-29-2008, 10:06 PM
-------Is the Merc TRS trans still in it???.........Bill S

Forrest
12-29-2008, 10:40 PM
-------Is the Merc TRS trans still in it???.........Bill S

No, it's now in Big Grizzly's Critter . .

chappy
12-30-2008, 07:35 AM
DW's 6.2 would probably look nice in this one.

SilverBack
12-30-2008, 07:07 PM
DW's 6.2 would probably look nice in this one.

Yes....or a Donovan tall deck small block with about 480 cubic inches and a whipple!!!

with the engine moved forward about 12 inches and an arneson ASD6 and 2 seats!!!

Lenny
01-03-2009, 08:09 PM
The boat is a STEAL of a Deal :yes: .

It was destined to be in my shop for a year now, ( Forrest is a very patient man) but, I have been unable to get shipping to come down from there to here from $4300. That price was my best and quoted to me about 6 weeks after paying $1900 for my other one. Fuel prices have dropped in half in the US as you all know, but this price for shipping has never been adjusted to reflect that.

So, my apologies to Forrest, this has gone on too long, :yes:

Second, the price at $5900 is superb, I bought a new RDS tank for the boat, a 383 Crate stroker and other goodies but I will just hang onto them for now as I will surely need them again as I blow other stuff up.

My problem, ( SHIPPING ) , "and there have been a few nightmares around here with shipping lately :rolleyes: " is that the $5900 and the $4300 come in at $10,200. and with the Economy taking our dollar to a new low we haven't seen in quite a while of $1.25 Canadian = $1.00 US , THIS represents a $12,750.00 X-18 to me that needs some stuff. :(

It is far better suited to a local folk that can just pick it up. :)

Sorry Forrest, I just got back from LA and read your previous PM's :( , and there has been NO way for me to get a week and a half off to do the 6400 mile drive. :eek: in the past, nor encourage a "roadie" to go with me. All I wanted was a trucking Company to pick it up and drop it off here in Bellingham. But not at 2 1/2 times the price. I know Trueser suggested his buddy, but that quote was the same. No bargains out there even tho the gas is $1.62/Gal now :(

Again, sorry...

Donziweasel
01-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Lenny, if you can get it to me, I can sit on it for as long as you like, probably half way.

Lenny
01-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Lenny, if you can get it to me, I can sit on it for as long as you like, probably half way.

I have inconvenienced enough folks already, but thank you John :yes: Jackson Hole is not a whole lot closer. U-ship and all the rest were the same. Believe me, I tried them all.

There are some REAL disasters out there for shipping right now. I know of a couple of late. Like the trucking Company being late on the drop, and when it does make it and you are not immediately available, you are paying $500 a day until you can get there and meet it. :eek: ...or, stay in a Hotel and wait for it to arrive and book off of work if that is at all possible.

Someone else can come down the road, say "hi Forrest" , have a beer, hook it up to their trailer hitch, and tow it home in a few hours and be done with it.

These long distance boat deals are starting to wear on me and the sellers I am sure. :yes: I have three downstairs right now. Time for a break I think or sell everything and buy a Pantera 24 :D.

Forrest
03-20-2009, 04:14 PM
In case anyone was wondering, my X-18 is still for sale.

Forrest
08-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Sale pending . . . . . . . pending . . . to DonziRacer!

mattyboy
08-19-2009, 10:50 AM
wow!!!!!

Kirbyvv
09-15-2009, 02:29 PM
Forest did this beauty sell?

Forrest
09-17-2009, 10:25 AM
. . . still pending

Forrest
10-26-2009, 02:27 PM
Tom, when do you think we can finish doing this deal?

Donzi Racer
10-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Tom, when do you think we can finish doing this deal?

Does not have to be at the place in Alabama, can do something at your place in Florida. We are planning on heading up saturday or sunday. Where you be? Vette may be by to see you this week. Appreciate the patience. Tom

Forrest
01-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Paid in full

Dregsz
01-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Congrats on the sale!

I had a similar, black X18 a few years back w black deck stripe, candycane black and white stripe seats and a 35o/TRS combo that I was very happy with. 21P stainless, 63 MPH.

and only 3 hours from Bellingham.

Wish I still had it too. It was a great boat.