PDA

View Full Version : Chopper for AOTH....

Last Real Texan
12-29-2008, 09:06 AM
Seems we will have a record number in attendance for the event this coming year and was just throwing some stuff around in my deranged mind....Anyone interested in a chopper taking some video and stills for all those who attend. With as many people as we have it should help lower the cost of the coverage and with the race the same wekend there is sure to be a bunch of choppers in the area. Forgive me if this sounds too far fetched but i really have no idea how much this would cost. Sure would be nice to have some good pics of the group and individuals running hard at this event.....Any ideas
:popcorn:

Tex

RedDog
12-29-2008, 10:19 AM
We had one at AOTH a few years ago - see my avatar and pic. That is my boat now (wasn't back then).

Seems there is some liability issue preventing it now?

Roadtrip will know

Air 22
12-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Chopper runs 7 - 1000.00 per hour. Good point about the races.. I'll check my buds and see if it going to be there, if so we might be able to work a deal...

We need to chip in and get The Blue Tankini Judge a chopper ride:)....:nilly: :pimp:

BUIZILLA
12-29-2008, 05:32 PM
I like copter's... :yes:

Trueser
12-29-2008, 07:50 PM
I have the camera and lenses needed.

roadtrip se
12-29-2008, 09:28 PM
We had one go in the drink during the fall poker run a couple of years ago that was never recovered. The Corp of Engineers put the kabosh to helos during the poker runs for awhile afterwards, but I think they have allowed them since then.

Not sure where to start on the permitting process with the COE because of this history and the race, but we just might have a trick or two up our sleeves after a few background conversations I have had with folks over the past few weeks, so the idea is on the table.

It isn't something we have done in the past, but we can certainly check-out the permitting process, if we can figure some way to do the deal on a consignment basis. We don't have the funds in the operating budget for something like this, as the club tries to keep the registration fees low, but you never know what we might piece together...

We'll see where it goes...

roadtrip se
01-13-2009, 09:33 PM
at a reasonable rate thanks to some great help from some great folks here.

More details to follow soon.... but if we can pull this off, it is going to be cool!

Last Real Texan
01-13-2009, 09:39 PM
at a reasonable rate thanks to some great help from some great folks here.
More details to follow soon.... but if we can pull this off, it is going to be cool!
Let me know what I can do if anything...thanks for all the hard work on this.

Tex

Lenny
01-13-2009, 09:44 PM
I like copter's... :yes:

Give me a BREAK Jim... :rolleyes: YOU DO NOT FLY !!!

If you did you would have been here a few times already... :yes:

:)

BUIZILLA
01-13-2009, 09:53 PM
I'll do it.. :yes:

Lenny
01-13-2009, 09:59 PM
I'll do it.. :yes:

Then that leaves me for duties on the SS Crantini Blue Bling Bikini Boat :D

BUIZILLA
01-14-2009, 06:07 AM
uhhhh..... no

not giving up that job... :shades:

Choprpilot
01-16-2009, 11:55 PM
I have been ask in the past to fly one of these events and as a boater and a Donzi owner I was thrilled but when the event organizer wanted a suicidal pilot I excluded myself I wouldn't consider their request to jeopardize Life or aircraft for some of there film shots. Yes we do take some chances especially flying below 400' or what we call the height velocity chart because when bad things happen they happen quickly. Just my professional opinion. Theres a saying " there are old pilots and there are bold pilots but there are NO OLD BOLD PILOTS".

farmer tx
01-17-2009, 12:11 AM
Amen!

Air 22
01-17-2009, 01:35 PM
I have been ask in the past to fly one of these events and as a boater and a Donzi owner I was thrilled but when the event organizer wanted a suicidal pilot I excluded myself I wouldn't consider their request to jeopardize Life or aircraft for some of there film shots. Yes we do take some chances especially flying below 400' or what we call the height velocity chart because when bad things happen they happen quickly. Just my professional opinion. Theres a saying " there are old pilots and there are bold pilots but there are NO OLD BOLD PILOTS".

CP Ur last sentence use to be my Avatar signature and still is on my Union Board. That being said the event organizer's of AOTH take safety as their #1 Priority. In No way shape or manner would anyone ask, suggest or imply anything else be it boating or flying. I've been flyin for 17yrs Professionally w/ 10,000+ hours as a result of being safe first...If this event has a chopper...it will be done with safety first or it won't be done. I applaud your standards for not accepting crazy film shots and risking life etc.:wink: Please don't broad stroke the AOTH helicopter event as being anything other than safe...:wink: