PDA

View Full Version : Wayne, Crazy Chinese Chicken update....

Donziweasel
12-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Alright, you have had it for a while now. Give us an update on Crazy Chinese Chicken. Also, I have decided to sell my 6.2L, it would make a nice addition to the Chicken..........:wink:

Still like the idea of a mini Critter II. Get rid of the back seat and move the cockpit back. You can call it The Chicken II..........

onesubdrvr
12-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Alright, you have had it for a while now. Give us an update on Crazy Chinese Chicken. Also, I have decided to sell my 6.2L, it would make a nice addition to the Chicken..........:wink:
Well,

It's not here yet, I'll be working on that part of it after the new year ;)

The 6.2 would be PERFECT for it, and I'll keep it in mind, but I figure I have about a years worth of work before I'm ready for an engine.

I'm thinking about going down to the Miami boat show, and forcing everyone else there to have a "tech talk" discussion with me where I'll iron out the details of power, drive, etc. Right now, I'm pretty set on a shaft driven out drive (motor forward still), but not sure of which drive. Bravo is looking like best bet, because of aftermarket tunability, but have been looking at duo-prop drives to counter any torque. 385hp is a pretty good set-up, and would move a 16 along just fine,..... and easy to add another 100hp with a huffer ;)

Wayne

Donziweasel
12-28-2008, 05:40 PM
I'm thinking about going down to the Miami boat show, and forcing everyone else there to have a "tech talk" discussion with me

I think that is a great idea. Should be plenty of gearheads there with a wealth of knowledge.......:wink:

Ghost
12-28-2008, 10:39 PM
You are feeling very sleepy.

When you finish reading you will remember only the engine and drive you have seen, and nothing more.

<snap!>

onesubdrvr
12-29-2008, 05:14 AM
You are feeling very sleepy.

When you finish reading you will remember only the engine and drive you have seen, and nothing more.

<snap!>
Hmmmm, nice package, but the drive and gimble alone is 11k :eek::eek:

But, it's on the list since it was posted on that other thread :yes::wink:

Wayne

Ghost
12-29-2008, 06:45 AM
Hmmmm, nice package, but the drive and gimble alone is 11k :eek::eek:

Wow. You didn't see a price on the whole works by any chance did you? Given that a 420hp 8.1 GXiDP lists for about 27.5k...

zelatore
12-29-2008, 07:40 AM
Has anyone ever actually seen one of these live and in person in a real boat?

Any idea of how many actually got into the public's hands?

I've only seen them on paper. It was a pretty short lived program as I recall.

zelatore
12-29-2008, 09:51 AM
There were a bunch of them, some may have even ended up in a Donzi or two...

....he says with a sligh look and a wink...

And yet no specifics??? I think that would look just ducky in a 22. I'd even trade you straight-across for my well-proven 502 Merc and B1 if you wanted. You know, to save you from the hassels and expense of Volvo ownership.

BigGrizzly
12-29-2008, 01:05 PM
Apparently the package did get into an Eliminator or two. They were shown at lake Mead a couple of years ago. The ran real fast and PO Merc. They ran about a buck out of the box on the 30 Elim.