PDA

View Full Version : Possible Site Revenue..?

fogducker III
12-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Just a thought, I realize it won't make millions but it might help with running costs?

I see a list is getting put together for "rare" Donzi boats...........how about a picture of 12 of the rarest boats on a Doznzi.net calendar?

Or better yet, 12 of the Donzi boats owned by site members chosen by a poll?

Personally I think it would go over well....?:confused:

SilverBack
12-28-2008, 03:08 AM
That sounds like a great idea!! However...I think they have had great ideas that nobody would step up to the plate and buy before and Poodle or Scot V get stuck with a bunch of stuff and a bill for all the stuff that they are stuck with.

Scott B (Poodle) is getting ready to have an auction or something so if anyone has any good parts that they pulled off of their boats that they don't need maybe you can donate it.

Lenny
12-28-2008, 09:22 AM
Jermemy, not to rain on your parade, but we have gone through a myriad of fund raising things through the years that have died on the table. Even auctioning off a new 16... None of it ever played through. Calenders were
once tried, didn't pan out tho.

I was always for a silver/gold/platinum Membership thing and just get it over with, but that was not popular either...

:(

fogducker III
12-28-2008, 09:56 AM
It was just a thought, no parade arranged.........

I have watched my younger brother struggle at times with his site, very similar to Scott's, just 4x4 related. They also tried various things to raise revenue to help out with operating costs, the big one was membership fees, which he has decided to stop now because he is covering his operating costs via advertisment and sales of things like hats, hoodies etc etc.

I thought that the initial outlay for a basic calendar would not be that high.........? Sourcing pictures would be easy, printing would be the cost.......perhaps taking orders and payment first would have been an idea?

zelatore
12-28-2008, 11:25 AM
I don't know about the costs, but cafepress can pretty much make up anything you'd like with your own supplied photography and set up an on-line store.

I've been out with the Pashnit.com people back when they pretty much didn't have anything but the roads website. They've grown a lot over since but even then they had a few things like calendars and mouse pads available through cafepress (it helps that the owner is a photography nut and shoots 1000s of pics during his trips)

http://www.cafepress.com/pashnit/

I'm particularly pleased that he put my bike on the 'cover' of the mouse pad section of the site.

Depending on the ongoing costs and minimum orders, perhaps we could use something like this to set up a small online store?