PDA

View Full Version : Secret Santa Update...?

fogducker III
12-26-2008, 06:05 PM
I thought it might be an idea to start a thread so anybody invloved in the "Secret Santa Project" can post their ill gotten gains...........:eek::wink::yes:

I must say, I am DAMN impressed, I believe I live the farthest away from just about anybody to anybody else, and I got my secret Santa present BEFORE Christmas Day!!!!!!!!!:shades:

Air22 is da man..........he got me my present in ONE day! I got my West Marine coupon via email the day the addresses were sent out. Thanks again Dwight, I have already used it!

Post up what you get as you get it................:popcorn:

SilverBack
12-27-2008, 08:24 PM
A coupon over email is about the only way you would have gotten it before Christmas!!! That sounds nice though!! I am offshore and my wife forgot to mail it on Friday so it will be there next week. Plus the person that I got lives a long way away from me!!!:wink:

mike o
12-28-2008, 08:21 AM
I still need an address. Santa oh, Santa, can ya help an elf out...........:crossfing:

Lenny
12-28-2008, 10:05 AM
I must say, I am DAMN impressed, I believe I live the farthest away from just about anybody to anybody else, and I got my secret Santa present BEFORE Christmas Day!!!!!!!!!:shades:

Air22 is da man..........he got me my present in ONE day!

Amazing what .92 MACH will get you... ;)

Air 22
12-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Amazing what .92 MACH will get you... ;)

Yesterday flying back from Salt Lake City @ FL430 we pushed 775mph ground speed.....thats a haul'n da mail...:yes:

mike o
12-30-2008, 11:06 AM
I still need an address. Santa oh, Santa, can ya help an elf out...........:crossfing::nilly::nilly::nilly::nil ly::nilly:
Hope SANTA HAS NOT LEFT THE BUILDING.:nilly::nilly::nilly::nilly::nilly:There one tiny thing still............................................. .........left. (tab-a- nack)

Air 22
12-31-2008, 05:42 PM
I thought it might be an idea to start a thread so anybody invloved in the "Secret Santa Project" can post their ill gotten gains...........:eek::wink::yes:

Air22 is da man..........he got me my present in ONE day! I got my West Marine coupon via email the day the addresses were sent out. Thanks again Dwight, I have already used it!

Post up what you get as you get it................:popcorn:

Jeremy...Your Welcome..:wink: Your gift arrived today and as soon as opened my mail box a S.W.A.T team took me into custody..wtf man:embarasse???
JK....:D

A very kool gift indeed...Thanks again..:wink:

fogducker III
12-31-2008, 05:49 PM
Jeremy...Your Welcome..:wink: Your gift arrived today and as soon as opened my mail box a S.W.A.T team took me into custody..wtf man:embarasse???
JK....:D

A very kool gift indeed...Thanks again..:wink:

If the "Apprehension Team" had an accent I think I know what happened..............:yes:

Carl C
01-01-2009, 11:15 AM
This is SO cool! I love this plaque that Zelatore hand made with SS Donzi letters. He enclosed a letter describing how he made it and why it wasn't exactly perfect. Well, my friend, I think it IS perfect and that I was lucky that you drew my name. Thank you, Don. A homemade gift by a Donzi bro. That is the best. I will probably hang it in the cabin which has a nautical theme. Here are pics, even Jojo aproves!:yes: BTW, it arrived a couple days ago but I spent the week at the cabin in northern Michigan. Hung out at the Glennie Tavern New Years Eve. Oh yeah, it came with a nautical theme Christmas card too. I am lucky.

Just a little edit to note that Don custom routered a piece of teak, varnished it and secured the SS letters with 4200. This thing would be sweet in the cabin of a larger Donzi. I will find a good location for it somewhere.

McGary911
01-01-2009, 11:36 AM
I got mine a couple of days ago, but just had a chance to post now. Whoever my secret santa is....you did quite fine.

I just moved in to a new house a couple of months back, and can always use something to hang on the wall. This will do just fine. Thanks again. :wink:

Carl C
01-06-2009, 08:16 AM
Has anyone else received their gift? I mailed a package 11 days ago.

txtaz
01-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Still waiting on mine. I will notify the sender when I receive it.

Da Taz

zelatore
01-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Nothing to report here. But assuming it goes to the home address I only check it on the weekends so it could be there already...

mike o
01-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Got my addy late. My gift on its way down south to Dixie.:shades: Good things come to those that wait.........:wink:

CHACHI
01-08-2009, 06:28 AM
Santa made his delivery between 7PM last night and 6AM this morning.

A Mercury racing gear bag. With all the stowage on a 22, it is a welcomed addition.

Thank you,

Ken

mike o
01-08-2009, 07:08 AM
I received my gift from SILVERBACK this week..... Folks - R - gunna - need -a - pair - of - new - sun - glass....:shades::shades::shades:. Cause my boat gunna.... shine - shine - shine..... with my leverage polish.... Thank you. Mr. SILVER BACK

Donziweasel
01-08-2009, 07:23 PM
I was sick but finally sent mine today.:)

Damn, you guys all gave boat gifts, I don't have a boat place in 300 miles....:bonk: I had a prop laying around though....LOL

Oh well, sent a little something with a little Jackson Hole flavor. No, it is not elk or edible.:bonk::wink:

Donziweasel
01-08-2009, 07:26 PM
I hope Don draws me next year, that is a hell of a nice plaque and gift. Nice job.:)

SilverBack
01-08-2009, 07:33 PM
I received my gift from SILVERBACK this week..... Folks - R - gunna - need -a - pair - of - new - sun - glass....:shades::shades::shades:. Cause my boat gunna.... shine - shine - shine..... with my leverage polish.... Thank you. Mr. SILVER BACK

No problem!! I love that stuff and if anybody has not tried it yet they are shortchanging themselves!! I have tried every product and they all work great!! Sorry to give you a gift that is going to put you to work but it will be worth it!!

zelatore
01-08-2009, 11:54 PM
My gift arrived late yesterday but I didn't see the box until this morning. I think the secratery may have been trying to hold on to it for herself since it was clearly valuable.

I'll post a pic of it in use on my carver this evening around dinner time in the morning when I get to the office. But in the mean time I can say it "works like magic" and it's "perfect for barbeques, boating, golfing, parties, trips to the beach and more!". :)

zelatore
01-09-2009, 09:38 AM
If this doesn't make you picture the 50's, nothing will!

Pretty cool! They'll live on the Carver instead of the Donzi as I've got a little more room there. :wink:

Thank you Mr. Poodle!

zelatore
01-09-2009, 11:20 AM
The Original - Since 1946 Baby!

(accept no substitutes)

mike o
01-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Looks like y-r breaking them in with a Guinness.:wink:

Team Jefe
01-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Got my santa gift today and can't find my camera. I too got some leverage...will be my first try.

and I got some "yankee BBQ sauce" from my adopted state of New Hampshire (Winnie Bandits Forever)....aka "Pure Maple Syrup"

Just imagine....Cajun Spiced Maple syrup glazed boudin stuffed Pork Loin at AOTH.:yes:

I sure hope Santa is going to be there:crossfing:

Team Jefe
01-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Don, teh tumblers are nice. Got a pair at the Hometown rally....really first rate.

Carl C
01-11-2009, 09:28 AM
I sent a package to a far away, snowy place 16 days ago. Hopefully the weather is just holding it up but it will be replaced if need be. Santa will have some 'splaining to do though. :(

Donziweasel
01-11-2009, 10:00 AM
I sent mine, but haven't received anything yet. Mine went to sunny Florida.

mike o
01-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Got my santa gift today and can't find my camera. I too got some leverage...will be my first try.

and I got some "yankee BBQ sauce" from my adopted state of New Hampshire (Winnie Bandits Forever)....aka "Pure Maple Syrup"

Just imagine....Cajun Spiced Maple syrup glazed boudin stuffed Pork Loin at AOTH.:yes:

I sure hope Santa is going to be there:crossfing:.....Enjoy, If ya get a little low on the grade A amber before the AOTH...While naturally perfecting the pork loin recipe... Which naturally any gourmet BBQ A-Fish-E-an-R-Doe must:yes:. Since being that this grade A amber YANKEE BBQ SAUCE is such tricky stuff:yes:.. Theres More (A) where that came from.:yes:.....P.S. just an local update... Ya favorite barmaid (Rita) is long-long gone.:lookaroun::lookaroun::lookaroun: Michael

onesubdrvr
01-13-2009, 02:27 PM
I was sick but finally sent mine today.:)

Damn, you guys all gave boat gifts, I don't have a boat place in 300 miles....:bonk: I had a prop laying around though....LOL

Oh well, sent a little something with a little Jackson Hole flavor. No, it is not elk or edible.:bonk::wink:
You know something John, your gift was PERFECT!!

The jacket is AWESOME!!

Living in S. Florida, you take comfort in the fact that the temps are usually warm, and because of that, I haven't bought myself a jacket like this,... well, since I was in the Navy lol :eek::)

So,... I didn't have one! Also, it will be perfect for the early morning runs on the boat (when it's done), or when I'm hanging outside shooting the breeze while working on the boat! And, contrary to popular belief, we do get some chilly mornings and evening here. In fact, we're getting ready for lows into the mid to high 40's, and I spend quite a bit of time outside.

Again, many thanks, a PERFECT gift,... and with the local flavor, heck, maybe I'll even get a chance to have a run-away vacation with Cari sometime up to your neck of the woods :yes:

Thanks again, I hope you and BooBoo are doing well.

Wayne

Removable sleeves and all :yes::pimp:

Donziweasel
01-13-2009, 04:40 PM
Glad you like it Wayne. Poodle helped me with the size and it looks like a good fit. I see you already figured out is unzips into a vest. I know you probably won't have many days where you can use it, but I am sure it is chilly, especailly on the water, occasionally. Plus, if you ever come visit, and we hope you do, you will look like a local! Merry Christmas, even if it is a little late.

While on the subject, the member who drew me sent his package and it may have been lost in the mail. It was the thought that counts and I want to thank him for the effort. Sorry it got lost, just send me two gifts next year! It's all good.:)

MOP
01-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Don't feel bad mine is lost to but all things will end well!

Phil

Carl C
01-13-2009, 05:23 PM
While on the subject, the member who drew me sent his package and it may have been lost in the mail. It was the thought that counts and I want to thank him for the effort. Sorry it got lost, just send me two gifts next year! It's all good.:) Thanks but you WILL get a gift. If it doesn't show up soon then I will have to go Christmas shopping. I still have to get something for my brother too. New pm sent. If it was undeliverable it should have been returned. It did have a return addy on it.

Donzi Kat
01-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Nice gifts guys:cool: I wish i had signed up for the secret santa:frown:

Tony
01-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Don, reading some Clive Cussler, I see...maybe a Dirk Pitt adventure?!

:beer:

Team Jefe
01-13-2009, 09:07 PM
.....Enjoy, If ya get a little low on the grade A amber before the AOTH...While naturally perfecting the pork loin recipe... Which naturally any gourmet BBQ A-Fish-E-an-R-Doe must:yes:. Since being that this grade A amber YANKEE BBQ SAUCE is such tricky stuff:yes:.. Theres More (A) where that came from.:yes:.....P.S. just an local update... Ya favorite barmaid (Rita) is long-long gone.:lookaroun::lookaroun::lookaroun: Michael

I'll keep that in mind amigo. One must preactive one's technique:kingme:

too bad about Rita..its been too long since I've see Winnie. If you run into Woodsy have him call me....He never answers his phone.

thanks again.

zelatore
01-13-2009, 11:55 PM
Don, reading some Clive Cussler, I see...maybe a Dirk Pitt adventure?!

:beer:
That one is The Sea Hunters II. But I've read most of his stuff at one time or another. It's not exactly Great Literature or anything but it's entertaining and sure beats the reality crap on TV.

Michele calls his stuff 'man smut' because of the way Dirk gets to have all his toys, a steady relationship with the girl in DC and still gets to mess around 'on the job', and then miraculously his two kids turn up fully grown so he doesn't have to raise them but yet they just happen to be into exactly the same things he is so they can pall around.

Michele may have a point.

SilverBack
01-15-2009, 09:32 AM
While on the subject, the member who drew me sent his package and it may have been lost in the mail. It was the thought that counts and I want to thank him for the effort. Sorry it got lost, just send me two gifts next year! It's all good.:)

I guess that mine got lost too!! Or Santa doesn't think that I was good this year!

BTW...How do you know that they sent it if it is lost in the mail???

SilverBack
01-15-2009, 09:36 AM

Phil

How do you know that yours is lost??? I hope that one of us was not on poodles list...that tuna is going to be ripe by now!!!!:shocking:

Carl C
01-15-2009, 12:50 PM
If people didn't get their gifts then we need to find out what happened. I am presently working with DonziWeasel (John) to find out what happened to the package I sent him. If it was stolen from the mail then I will send something else. I already have something in mind.

Mop (Phil) says he did not receive a package. Did anyone send him one?

Silverback also says that he didn't receive a package. Can anyone verify that one was sent to him?

We're not talking about big bucks here but how would you feel if you mailed a gift and received nothing?:frown:

SilverBack
01-17-2009, 07:24 AM
Any word??????

Donziweasel
01-17-2009, 07:50 AM
Well, Carl was given my correct address, but no one told him you have to send it UPS, Fed ex or DHL. All USPS goes to PO Box, others go to the physical address given Carl. He sent it USPS. It is in Jackson in a pile of 700 other packages sent to physical addresses through the USPS. The Post office said it would probably find it this week and will deliver it to my PO box now that they have it. It was not Carl's fault, no one told him to send it UPS or FED Ex. Carl, thanks for the gift, I am sure it will show up next week.:)

Next year I think we need to contact Scot and PM our addresses and correct method of shipment.

SilverBack
01-20-2009, 04:31 AM
If people didn't get their gifts then we need to find out what happened. I am presently working with DonziWeasel (John) to find out what happened to the package I sent him. If it was stolen from the mail then I will send something else. I already have something in mind.

Mop (Phil) says he did not receive a package. Did anyone send him one?

Silverback also says that he didn't receive a package. Can anyone verify that one was sent to him?

We're not talking about big bucks here but how would you feel if you mailed a gift and received nothing?:frown:

Mop. Did you ever get your gift?

Mine is still a no show

I wonder if HM forgot to give out some names??

Donziweasel
01-26-2009, 12:03 PM
Carl, thank you very much for the lifejacket coozies, little lifejackets and boat bag! Great gifts, thank you very much.:) Showed up today.

Carl C
01-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Carl, thank you very much for the lifejacket coozies, little lifejackets and boat bag! Great gifts, thank you very much.:) Showed up today. You're welcome. What a relief, finally done with Christmas :). Hopefully the other "ungifted" members can get things sorted out.

SilverBack
01-26-2009, 01:26 PM

Phil

Phil...did you ever get your present??

MOP
01-26-2009, 03:11 PM
Mop. Did you ever get your gift?

Mine is still a no show

I wonder if HM forgot to give out some names??

Nope!

SilverBack
01-26-2009, 03:40 PM
Me either!!!

Carl C
02-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Hey, Zelatore, the Donzi plaque ended up in my home office:

Donziweasel
02-17-2009, 06:49 PM
How did this end up? Everyone get thier gift?

CHACHI
02-18-2009, 06:27 AM
Haven't heard from my guy yet.

Ken

zelatore
02-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Hey, Zelatore, the Donzi plaque ended up in my home office:

Seriously man................how many printers do you have?

Glad to see you've got a place for it. :yes:

Carl C
02-18-2009, 11:30 AM
Seriously man................how many printers do you have?

Glad to see you've got a place for it. :yes: A printer for every occasion! Ink Stop loves me man. Ha :)

I hope you guys who got shortchanged can get it worked out.

MOP
02-18-2009, 12:13 PM
I put the one to be sent out on the shelf for next year, may have to dust off the wrapping!