PDA

View Full Version : JH gets 36 inches in 24 hours....

Donziweasel
12-25-2008, 06:57 PM
This will be a storm to remember. I have been plowing for 5 hours straight. You simply can't keep up. Calling for another 1-2 feet tonight. I have seen some storms in my day out here, but this one is in the top 3 in the 14 years I have lived here.

Calling for another big one on Saturday and Sunday, possibly bigger than this one.........what the hell??????????? This pattern we are in is crazy! The skiing is truly epic. If anyone is contemplating a ski vacation, you might want to consider JH this year. Will this year beat the 605 inch record year last year???????

Seriously, I am running out of places to put snow. Might have to rent a backhoe next week.......

RickSE
12-25-2008, 11:25 PM
I ran out of places to put the snow last week and I'm way down south, supposed to get 10-16" more here tonight. It's hard to complain though since all this water is good news for our lakes.

MOP
12-25-2008, 11:51 PM
Glad I am no longer in those climes, I got a good taste of it up in Caribou when I was stationed at Loring. We had a couple of storms where the cars got buried, that is not good for the snow blowers which would find someones car every now and then. I have to did into my pics, I have shots of the snow up to the second story windows across from my house. I feel for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donziweasel
12-26-2008, 07:50 AM
62 inches in 5 days!!!!!!!:):):):):):)

173 INCHES ON THE YEAR!!!!!!!:):):):):):)

Donziweasel
12-26-2008, 08:30 AM
Funny thing, I set down my snow shovel for about an hour, then couldn't remember where I put it. SNow had covered it up. Considering I have 3 acres, it could have been anywhere. I gave Boo Boo a video camera for Christmas and she had been doing a little video taping of me plowing snow. Anyway, looking at the video last night, I saw where I had put the shovel in the video!:):bonk::wink:

Team Jefe
12-26-2008, 01:17 PM
we had snow for about 36 minutes a few weeks ago....at least that's what they called....snow? yeah, had to be.

Being outside for more that a few seconds, my body started to shut down...I mean it was 31 Degrees. I've heard that the air can freese in your lungs at those temps.:nilly:

John, be careful

Cuda
12-27-2008, 02:51 PM
It was mighty nasty coming across Tampa Bay yesterday.

Barry Eller
12-27-2008, 03:38 PM
It was mighty nasty coming across Tampa Bay yesterday.

I got a pressure washer for Christmas...pressure washed the driveway and worked up a sweat, took my shirt off...got back to it...:wink:

The Hedgehog
12-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Spent the day dealing with the last of the fall leaves. It finally got dry enough to get most of them up.

I wish I was in JH shoveling snow! Sure would like to go get some freshies in the am.

Donziweasel
12-27-2008, 07:06 PM
All I have done for 4 days is plow and shovel. Guess what???? Calling for another foot tonight and tommorrow.:bonk:

On a serious note, it has been great for reservations and skiing. Two weeks ago, I was down 45% for December (in passengers). I was really beginning to get scared. Cheap airfare, our new tram, and these storms have been a Godsend! As of today, I am only down 15% for December and gaining everyday. Might get below 5% by the 1st..

Plus, with cheap fuel, and rate increases, I am actually 18% ahead in net over last year.

Everyone in JH, especailly me, the JH Mountain Resort and Hotels were bitching about the economy in early December. Everyone agreed, whichever ski resort gets snow this year wins. Well, we were right, JH is getting amazing amounts of snow and the skiers in the US are watching and coming. Couldn't have happened at a better time. I will plow 24 hours a day if it means we keep booking skiers!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):):)

Snow forecast for the next 10 days, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!!:):):):):):):):):):)

Ghost
12-27-2008, 07:28 PM
That's great to hear--I hope it kees rolling for you. Bunch of buddies and I booked a January trip to UT a couple of months back and saw the same sort of thing as far as rates went. Too good to pass up. Just hope the snow is good. Sounds like we should've booked JH...

Donziweasel
12-27-2008, 07:32 PM
UTAH???????? 3.2 beer???????? Ghost, I am do dissappointed. Not only could you have skied the world famous Jackson Hole Mountain Resort and Grand Targhee, I could have gotten you deeply discounted accomodations, free Ford Excursion to use, free lift tickets, etc.........:confused:

Next time you had better come out JH!!!!!!!!!!!:yes::)

The Hedgehog
12-27-2008, 07:44 PM
UTAH???????? 3.2 beer???????? Ghost, I am do dissappointed. Not only could you have skied the world famous Jackson Hole Mountain Resort and Grand Targhee, I could have gotten you deeply discounted accomodations, free Ford Excursion to use, free lift tickets, etc.........:confused:
Next time you had better come out JH!!!!!!!!!!!:yes::)

Utah is great, but I am getting on the bandwagon with the Donziweasel skiing! Big mountain, real beer and good times!

Ghost
12-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Thanks, I'll work on the 8-man crew for JH next year. :yes: You guys okay with boarders out there? Some places don't have a lot of love for boards, and some layouts are pretty rough with lots of flat terrain to get around. Our crew is only half skiers.

I've been to a bunch of places in CO and to a couple in UT, but always wanted to make it to WY and never have. Another buddy just sold his business--might be able to talk him into a lastiminute long weekend trip yet this year...maybe even our wives or a couple other folks to make it out if I'm lucky. If we can, JH is on the top of my list.

(You're spot on about the 3.2. Was pitiful, and it seemed like the whole state was one big Blue Law--nothing ever open when we needed it. Practically a BYO state. Thankfully we got lucky with lots of powder last year.)

Last Real Texan
12-27-2008, 07:58 PM
36 inches in 24 hours....was'nt that one of your movies there Mr. Jeremy (AKA) the HedgeHog

The Hedgehog
12-27-2008, 10:22 PM
36 inches in 24 hours....was'nt that one of your movies there Mr. Jeremy (AKA) the HedgeHog

I have made so many movies it is hard to remember!