PDA

View Full Version : Minx is back

VetteLT193
12-25-2008, 05:40 PM
Well, I thought it would never end but my brother surprised me with my boat all painted for Christmas. Who knew Santa drives a 2500 GMC? hahaha

It is shiny and BRIGHT red and BRIGHT white. The painter took forever but came through. Even though it's not in the pic, I do have the rub rail on along with the rear vents for the engine. I LOVE the 2 stripe look. It really makes the bow of the minx look longer having the narrow center white stripe. I also really like the look of no boot stripe. I had the choice to add it, but I really thought it would look better without... I think it does look a bit cleaner, simpler, and cooler.

The big debate... windshield. It looks pretty stinkin' good without it. I had the painter spray up to the dash on purpose... now I'm not sure what to do.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=49&pictureid=510

gcarter
12-25-2008, 05:54 PM
The paint looks really nice. The double stripe, ditto.

You'll want the windshield.

Donzi Racer
12-25-2008, 06:07 PM
The paint looks really nice. The double stripe, ditto.

You'll want the windshield.

The windshield is wonderful but George I will say his boat looks better than yours or mine without the windshield. Of course I am comparing them without the windshields. There is not a better looking Minx than yours after completion George.

Vette, seems like you are in Florida. There is a company that makes the 22 plexi shields that were on the mid 80's 22 classics. Although they are not the exact same as the Minx, they are similar and if you could get them pics and sizes, they may be able to handle it. I think their prices on the 22 shields are extremely reasonable. Maybe talk to Mr Collins that bought Buizilla's LE Minx. He might let you get pics and measurements. There is also the Minx that is for sale now, you could go take a look at it. The reason I want you to do all this leg work is I will need a windshield for # 11 LE as soon as I can save up enough to buy it back. ha ha Email me if I can be of any other help. Time, I have. Tom mishunaire@aol.com

VetteLT193
12-25-2008, 10:07 PM
The windshield is wonderful but George I will say his boat looks better than yours or mine without the windshield. Of course I am comparing them without the windshields. There is not a better looking Minx than yours after completion George.

Vette, seems like you are in Florida. There is a company that makes the 22 plexi shields that were on the mid 80's 22 classics. Although they are not the exact same as the Minx, they are similar and if you could get them pics and sizes, they may be able to handle it. I think their prices on the 22 shields are extremely reasonable. Maybe talk to Mr Collins that bought Buizilla's LE Minx. He might let you get pics and measurements. There is also the Minx that is for sale now, you could go take a look at it. The reason I want you to do all this leg work is I will need a windshield for # 11 LE as soon as I can save up enough to buy it back. ha ha Email me if I can be of any other help. Time, I have. Tom mishunaire@aol.com

I have the original Italian windshield in my garage... I also, very recently, started a printing company. If I put the shield back on I'm thinking about putting a wrap on the shield. Not the solid kind, but the ones you can see through. If I do that it will look however I want it to graphic wise.

I ran the boat one time without the shield. It was excellent going slow and at moderate speeds. Put the stick forward and... smile reeaaaaalllly big.

I'll more than likely put it back on, but it just looks so nice and clean without it:nilly:

cutwater
12-25-2008, 10:20 PM
I really like it :thumbsup:. I think it looks good with the stripes going all the way to the top of the windshield combing. This is just an idea (and might be a kind of expensive venture) but you could buy one of the plexi windshields and have it painted to match the deck stripes.

Honestly, a gray windshield would probably kill the color scheme of the boat. However the windshield will help the lines of the boat. Regardless, it looks great as-is.

EDIT: just remembered it's the italian windshield... I'll have to think about that one. The italian windshield is classy, but isn't exactly sleek. I'm trying to imagine what it will look like on this boat...

BUIZILLA
12-25-2008, 10:47 PM
white lexan full windscreen...

red interior :worthy:

Ghost
12-26-2008, 05:33 AM
Looks REALLY sharp with the double-stripe, especially on the white background. Looking forward to more pictures.

(Buiz, a red interior sounds extremely cool too look at but <ahem> hot to sit on, no? My old boat had mostly white but a couple of small brown insets in the vinyl and man, the contrast was amazing. Like a gas grill is amazing.)

LKSD
12-26-2008, 08:35 AM
It does look a bit different in a nice way.. :) J

FISHIN SUCKS
12-26-2008, 08:53 AM
If there was a poll, I'd say no on the windshield for this one. Definitely looks sharp, especially with the twin stripes. Very Nice:drive::clap::cool:

VetteLT193
12-26-2008, 09:18 AM
white lexan full windscreen...

red interior :worthy:

I planned on the boat being all red so I did the interior in white with red piping already. I'll stick in in the boat and take some pics today hopefully. I hope it looks good:crossfing:

What do you think of a white Italian shield?

Last Real Texan
12-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Nicely Done!

Does you brother still need the parts we talked about....Cables, steering actuater, etc....if so give me the list here and I will ship it out directly...

Tex

BigGrizzly
12-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Nice, the stripe actually looks good, and I am not a fan of double stripes. Wind shield is a plus with wives and kids.

VetteLT193
12-26-2008, 07:26 PM
Nicely Done!
Does you brother still need the parts we talked about....Cables, steering actuater, etc....if so give me the list here and I will ship it out directly...
Tex

That was me actually. and yes I need them, I was about to go shopping for them:) Do you have my address? (Tallahassee FL, not the keys)

Donziweasel
12-26-2008, 07:36 PM
Very nice........:wink:

VetteLT193
12-26-2008, 07:39 PM
I spent the day working on the business end. Old manifolds are off. (My back hurts.) I'd rather stick my foot in an ant pile than take factory manifolds off again. The good news is after lifting the stock stuff I could have thrown the EMI's around like a football.

New starter in. New plugs in (half of them anyway). EMI exhaust on one side is in... but, I have to take it out because I didn't realize that I had to put the rubber hose on before I put the darn thing on the engine. There isn't enough room between the transom and the end of the riser to get the hose on :nilly:

I was going to paint the engine today, but decided to do that later. I figure I can take the manifold and rocker covers off completely when I install the BG carb and do them really right.

I bought a remote oil filter mount / oil cooler from Don Tamm. Finally looked at things in detail and realized I need a spin on adapter to make it work. Sucks, would have been REAL easy to do that with the exhaust off. Either way, it's not too bad of a job after I get that part.

The painter F-ed my wiring... I did a rig job for today to test the starter but I'll run all new wires tomorrow. I figure it's senseless at this point to have everything new and not do all the wiring.

I started putting the Corsa mufflers on, but I don't think they are going to work the way everything lines up. My old tips are just better in this situation. So, if anyone wants a set please let me know. I wouldn't mind trading for a set of slip in mufflers either.

My goal tomorrow is to get it running... we'll see:crossfing:

gcarter
12-26-2008, 07:54 PM
You know that if you mount the tips, or mufflers, on gaskets, it's very easy to remove them and then the hoses.......:yes::yes:
It takes a huge amount of frustration out of owning one of these things.:nilly::nilly:

mjw930
12-26-2008, 08:23 PM
You know that if you mount the tips, or mufflers, on gaskets, it's very easy to remove them and then the hoses.......:yes::yes:
It takes a huge amount of frustration out of owning one of these things.:nilly::nilly:

Now you tell me, after I replaced the tips last weekend and used 4200..... ;)

Just kidding, I thought about using a gasket but I didn't have any and couldn't find the right material locally so I just put them on on old fashioned way. If i need to replace the hose, removing the risers is easy, now that I replaced the cast iron with GLM aluminum.

BTW, I used Gibson Power Tips (http://www.gibsonmarine.com/powertip1.html) I found on ebay for $190 and they work great. Only good up to about 450 hp but that's fine for my 310 hp 7.4L. The motor still sounds like a marine V8 but you can carry on a conversation and/or hear the radio at idle without blasting it which is great considering all the Sea Cow zones we have.

mattyboy
12-27-2008, 09:13 AM
love it very nice

VetteLT193
12-29-2008, 07:39 AM

After more attempts the exhaust tips don't line up... My brother stopped back through on his way home and told me I need Stainless Marine tips. He has them on his boat and they have a dog-leg built into them so they line up properly. :nilly:

VetteLT193
01-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Well, I already had purchased the static cling window tint to try out, and with the 'get it done' attitude I have I decided to put it on the original shield for now. I got 5%, from Wal Mart. 2 rolls were about $25 and did the whole job.

It looks so good I might not do any printing, but if I get tired of it I can always switch. The whole job to this point took about an hour. I haven't put the front stainless strips on yet, I need to drill new holes.

Anyone know what size drill bit to use to do the job properly?

VetteLT193
01-02-2009, 01:13 PM
and for reference, here is what it used to look like. almost clear is the best way to put it.

catch 22
01-03-2009, 06:16 AM
I was watching this this one in the keys. Looks good:yes:

gcarter
01-03-2009, 07:32 AM
I like it too.
At this point, are you glad you let someone else do the painting?
The previous color was paint wasn't it?
The original scheme was???????

gcarter
01-03-2009, 07:33 AM
After more attempts the exhaust tips don't line up... My brother stopped back through on his way home and told me I need Stainless Marine tips. He has them on his boat and they have a dog-leg built into them so they line up properly. :nilly:
I think this is correct. I made mine fit but the entire hose didn't stay wet. It would eventually burn.

VetteLT193
01-04-2009, 08:31 AM
Is my come-a-long still hanging under there somewhere? :nilly: :nilly:

BTW, like the stripe, like the tint. R U sure that's the same boat I saw @ midnight???

You never got it back???? I'm going to kill my brother. I just called his azz again to find out WTF happened, will PM you when he calls back.

VetteLT193
01-04-2009, 08:32 AM

I wish you posted those when you took them. My brother kept sending me crappy phone pictures. :bonk:

Do you live down there?

VetteLT193
01-04-2009, 09:40 AM
I like it too.
At this point, are you glad you let someone else do the painting?
The previous color was paint wasn't it?
The original scheme was???????

Yes, I'm glad I let someone else do the painting because I would have never gotten it done and it never would have looked this good if I did it. Frustrated with how long it took, but whaddayagonnado? :)

The previous color was paint. Original color was gray. Even though the paint looks good in the pictures it was a horrible paint job. The deck stripe was faded, front all scratched, and when it was sprayed there must have been water in the gun because there was those odd spots in the paint all over. There were also drips and runs in spots.

I think this is correct. I made mine fit but the entire hose didn't stay wet. It would eventually burn.

The stainless marine setup, I think, has a shorter riser too... this means longer rubber hose. I only have a 6 or so inch space between the end of the riser and the beginning of the exhaust tip. I also don't have the benefit of the stainless marine round fitting to tweak the pipe over.

I have to take detailed pictures either later or tomorrow morning. I'll post them so everyone can see the situation I'm in.

Another option that I might try is dry tails. I don't really want the extra sound but if it gets the job done I might go for it. The dry tails I have are from my brother's 22 and were custom made. They are angled in and I suspect they line up on my boat based on the way they look.

BUIZILLA
01-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Original color was gray. isn't this now the THIRD confirmed gray Minx with the eyetalian windscreen??

Conquistador_del_mar
01-04-2009, 10:35 AM
Yes, I'm glad I let someone else do the painting because I would have never gotten it done and it never would have looked this good if I did it. Frustrated with how long it took, but whaddayagonnado? :)

The previous color was paint. Original color was gray. Even though the paint looks good in the pictures it was a horrible paint job. The deck stripe was faded, front all scratched, and when it was sprayed there must have been water in the gun because there was those odd spots in the paint all over. There were also drips and runs in spots.

Did you take your boat to an automotive or boat paint shop or was it an individual who took so long to get it done? Would you disclose how much it cost? I know that painting is 95% prep work with very little time involved in the actual painting. Did you get the bottom of the hull painted? You went with Awlgrip - correct? A while back on my 1971 restoration thread, I had mentioned that the Imron should cost me around $500, but it ended up at about $650 due to some problems. My holdup now is my upholsterer who told me yesterday that he plans to get me done by the end of this next week. Your boat looks great by the way. Bill

techspecial
01-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Couldn't find one so I gave up...We like putting our feet on the deck at low speeds anyway:)

VetteLT193
01-05-2009, 11:58 AM
isn't this now the THIRD confirmed gray Minx with the eyetalian windscreen??

3rd confirmed for sure... probably more. I think it's Hal that has the one with the Arneson, there is one that was painted red that sold on eBay, and mine.

Unless another Minx comes up with a higher hull number, mine is the last Minx built, and so far the only one known to be built in 1988... all the rest seem to be built out in late 1987.

Did you take your boat to an automotive or boat paint shop or was it an individual who took so long to get it done? Would you disclose how much it cost? I know that painting is 95% prep work with very little time involved in the actual painting. Did you get the bottom of the hull painted? You went with Awlgrip - correct? A while back on my 1971 restoration thread, I had mentioned that the Imron should cost me around $500, but it ended up at about $650 due to some problems. My holdup now is my upholsterer who told me yesterday that he plans to get me done by the end of this next week. Your boat looks great by the way. Bill

I took the boat to a boat painter.
The boat is 100% Awlgrip. He had a bunch of prep to do even after I was done with it. The whole boat was sanded down to bare gel, blocked, and structurally checked. Everything checked out except for the hatch in the floor. He re-cored that and made it like new. I had him add non-skid to the cockpit floor. He also filled in a bunch of holes. 3 large ones from antenna wires and a ton of small ones from snaps, the rest of the mounting holes for the antennas, the old pickup for the speedo, etc. The bottom was painted as well, so he had to hang the boat to do that.

As far as time, I think the squeaky wheel gets the grease. My brother took it in for me and didn't nag the painter enough to get it done faster. He's been busy, and he did me a favor by dealing with it, so I couldn't complain too much.

As far as the $$ goes, I got a cash deal of $3500 out the door. I got plenty of quotes, the same job anywhere else would have been a minimum of $5,000. I got a couple quotes that were between $6k and $8k. This is probably another reason for the slow turnaround on the job. Also, a lot of places don't paint bottoms because they are a total PITA to do. I really wanted it painted because there is no way it would ever have matched unless it was painted. When I get a chance I'll post a picture of the battery box, which is still original gel, compared to the new white color. It's unbelievable how the old white really was not white at all.

Conquistador_del_mar
01-05-2009, 12:51 PM
As far as the $$ goes, I got a cash deal of $3500 out the door. I got plenty of quotes, the same job anywhere else would have been a minimum of $5,000. I got a couple quotes that were between $6k and $8k. This is probably another reason for the slow turnaround on the job. Also, a lot of places don't paint bottoms because they are a total PITA to do. I really wanted it painted because there is no way it would ever have matched unless it was painted. When I get a chance I'll post a picture of the battery box, which is still original gel, compared to the new white color. It's unbelievable how the old white really was not white at all.

For all that work, you got an unbelievable deal in my book. Quite honestly, I had figured it was in the $5500 range without knowing about the extra glass work. It really pays to shop around and not put pressure on the guy! Thanks for the information. Bill

zelatore
01-05-2009, 01:17 PM
I gotta agree with Bill - smokin' deal! I'd not complain about the turn around time for that price either!

donzi2287
01-05-2009, 05:38 PM
catch 22 where do you live
/ we should hook up for lunch on the water if you are in the Keys.

VetteLT193
01-06-2009, 10:17 AM
For all that work, you got an unbelievable deal in my book. Quite honestly, I had figured it was in the $5500 range without knowing about the extra glass work. It really pays to shop around and not put pressure on the guy! Thanks for the information. Bill

I gotta agree with Bill - smokin' deal! I'd not complain about the turn around time for that price either!

If it wasn't for my brother I wouldn't have had that deal either... he's the one that did the negotiating and all the leg work for me:wink:

VetteLT193
02-23-2009, 05:13 PM
Here's the exhaust connection, based on MOP's suggestion of Triton hose. It works great, the issue now is I only got one, the other is back-ordered.

Don't get on me about the double clamps... I have misplaced a set. It will be double clamped before running:wink:

Ghost
02-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Here's the exhaust connection, based on MOP's suggestion of Triton hose. It works great, the issue now is I only got one, the other is back-ordered.

Don't get on me about the double clamps... I have misplaced a set. It will be double clamped before running:wink:

I will confess at the start that I DON'T KNOW what is best. But isn't there a school of thought that because of expansion/contraction differences, double-clamping can actually tear up a hose, increasing rather than dropping the probability of failure?

(Feel like I cannot overstate that I don't know, only that I've heard it said.)

MOP
02-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Double clamping is looked for by every insurance company I have dealt with, that is one of the first things a surveyor looks for when he starts on the bilge. Exhaust hoses are notorious for getting leaks, especially on Y pipe connections.

gcarter
02-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Double clamping is looked for by every insurance company I have dealt with, that is one of the first things a surveyor looks for when he starts on the bilge. Exhaust hoses are notorious for getting leaks, especially on Y pipe connections.
I've always heard the same thing. On anything that may be below the water line.

BigGrizzly
02-24-2009, 10:15 AM
A T Bolt is better any way. However I don't use them but I may start.

VetteLT193
02-24-2009, 10:20 AM
A T Bolt is better any way. However I don't use them but I may start.

That is a good point, I just found them for $2.60 each online... If you use the T Bolt style clamp is it still standard practice to double clamp?

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/details.php?products_id=310&osCsid=65e7aa55b359d73cc38a5281f64d7244

Last Real Texan
02-24-2009, 10:35 AM
That is a good point, I just found them for $2.60 each online... If you use the T Bolt style clamp is it still standard practice to double clamp?

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/details.php?products_id=310&osCsid=65e7aa55b359d73cc38a5281f64d7244
I use the same and got them at the same place...cheapest I have found by far. I also used there boots for the intercooler hoses and t bolts there....good choice the guy ships quickly too.
Not sure on the double clamp thing, on the intercooler boots I only used one but on the exhaust side I doubled up, too cheap not to .
Tex

zelatore
02-24-2009, 10:59 AM
The clamping standard I've always heard is to double clamp anything below the water line and exhaust with the heads 180* apart....UNLESS there is not enough barb for the second clamp to seat fully - better to only have one clamp than a 2nd that was only half way on the hose barb as it will try to pull the hose off.

BigGrizzly
02-24-2009, 02:06 PM
The double clamp thing came from the old scool when only the regular and the wire clamps were available. The double is still the norm but try to loosen a T Bolt clamp.

VetteLT193
03-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Another update...

I tend to look for parts all the time and hope for a discount. In the case of a nice flame arrester, none have been found over the last year.

I bought Merc Racing blue paint from a guy on OSO a while back. I figured the engine would look good in that and it would be a nice contrast from the red everywhere else.

So, I sprayed the factory flame arrester. It looked like absolute crap before. I should have taken a before pic but did not... hindsight is always 20/20. The factory had a plastic rectangular cover over the arrester so it had 20 years of grime all over it.

I cleaned the whole thing with carb cleaner, sanded, then painted. After priming and 3 coats of blue I etched the MerCruiser logo back out then sprayed one more coat of blue followed by clear.

It isn't perfect, but looks pretty good I think... bit of orange peal but the pictures make it seem way worse than it actually is

HOWARD O
03-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Niiiice! Doesn't look to orange peely to me. Heck, that just makes it easier to clean! :D

Your boat looks GREAT!

donzi2287
03-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Brother from the same Mother, you need to paint the motor!!!!!!!!!:odie:

VetteLT193
03-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Brother from the same Mother, you need to paint the motor!!!!!!!!!:odie:
getting there... stop bustin' my balls. :splat: still have to figure out how to get the adapter plate to bolt up properly for the Demon... and the lines, and the fuel pump, and the filter...

Anyway, it's all good... getting there, slooooooowwwwwwwwwwllllllyyyyy.

VetteLT193
03-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Niiiice! Doesn't look to orange peely to me. Heck, that just makes it easier to clean! :D
Your boat looks GREAT!

Thanks Howard... can't wait to be done for sure :D

BigGrizzly
03-06-2009, 09:12 AM
Eddie, stop bustin his chops, Not everybody is like us. I only paint if I really have to engines is my thing. Vette lake is coming up, Get that thing done and entice the Bro to make the trek up here. Also remember Eufaula is on Labor day weekend- It is required attendance.:uzi::D

joseph m. hahnl
03-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Well, I already had purchased the static cling window tint to try out, and with the 'get it done' attitude I have I decided to put it on the original shield for now. I got 5%, from Wal Mart. 2 rolls were about $25 and did the whole job.

It looks so good I might not do any printing, but if I get tired of it I can always switch. The whole job to this point took about an hour. I haven't put the front stainless strips on yet, I need to drill new holes.

Anyone know what size drill bit to use to do the job properly?

Did you put the film on the inside or the out side?
Did you do it with the shield off or in place?

Joe

VetteLT193
03-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Did you put the film on the inside or the out side?
Did you do it with the shield off or in place?

Joe

The film is on the outside. it's thick static cling stuff. I did it with the shield in place, but with the lower stainless removed. I left a few screws in place without the stainless to keep the shield in place, put the tint on, then put the stainless back on.

VetteLT193
03-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Another update...

Demon installed (after some fabrication of the carb adapter plate)
new fuel lines, new fuel filter, new fuel pump. I tested, re-tested, and re-tested again the new fuel system. all is well, no leaks.

Gauges are mostly hooked up minus the ones that I don't have sensors for. 2 of them are hot but don't have power for the lights so I have to address a lost positive somewhere in the chain... the wires are all new so I must have messed up one of the crimps. easy to re-do, no big deal.

Blower and bilge pump hooked up and working properly

Nav lights hooked up. Forward works. Anchor light does not work but might be the bulb.

Stern light... can't find the wires.
Accessory engine room light... can't find the wires.

I had planned on just keeping the lighting wires but now that I can't find them and I've re-done the rest of the wiring I might just drop new wires for them too... unless someone can shed some light on what color wires to look for under the dash?

decide to bump the starter to see what happens. fired on the first crank over :biggrin.: ran it on the hose a bit, but too cold to tune the carb.

Next step besides the odds and ends listed above is to install a T-stat and tune the carb.

BigGrizzly
03-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Vette, get with the program or I will let your bro go after you again. BTW what about the munchkin??

donzi2287
03-17-2009, 06:58 PM
So, is the engine painted? !!!!!!!!:outtahere:

sweet 16 1966
03-17-2009, 10:09 PM
Congratulations on your progress. It looks great and you should be proud!
Good luck with the final stages.

VetteLT193
03-18-2009, 06:59 AM
Vette, get with the program or I will let your bro go after you again. BTW what about the munchkin??

Getting there... time is not on my side, because of the munchin(s). actually little Bobby is easy. Holly is running around at 300 MPH with her hair on fire though :kaioken:

So, is the engine painted? !!!!!!!!:outtahere:

Paint is so far down the list I can't see it on there anymore. I'll keep the hatch closed for now

Congratulations on your progress. It looks great and you should be proud!
Good luck with the final stages.

Thanks! getting there

BigGrizzly
03-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Just remember one thing at a time. It took me untill I retired that I realized that. The only thing I ever did that way was engines. That is probably why I have good engines but the boats have a lot to be desired, but I am working on it.:yes:

donzi2287
03-18-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm trying to give my brother a hard time and everybody is giving him support. lol!!!!! The boat looks awsome and it runs even better. Now....... are you going to paint the motor so it matches the rest.... It has to look good too. Rodger Dodger, over and out, good buddy, that's a 10-4 :outtahere::outtahere:

VetteLT193
03-19-2009, 06:53 AM
I'm trying to give my brother a hard time and everybody is giving him support. lol!!!!! The boat looks awsome and it runs even better. Now....... are you going to paint the motor so it matches the rest.... It has to look good too. Rodger Dodger, over and out, good buddy, that's a 10-4 :outtahere::outtahere:

New intake before paint. I'll run it as is for now then do the intake later while I shake out any other issues.

It actually doesn't look too bad the way it is. The stainless X-over combined with the new exhaust, carb, lines, hoses, etc. makes it look pretty good.

TIZ_ZLIFE
03-26-2010, 01:04 PM
VetteLT193 ... your PM box is full.

My name is Arley, I now own the Minx that you restored and it is missing one of the engine vents, is it possible for you to tell me where you purchased them? If they are different it is the passenger side front/intake. Thank you in advance.

LKSD
03-26-2010, 06:35 PM

My name is Arley, I now own the Minx that you restored and it is missing one of the engine vents, is it possible for you to tell me where you purchased them? If they are different it is the passenger side front/intake. Thank you in advance.

Welcome Arley.. :)

I sell many different items for these boats, Including vents. If I can be of help feel free to call me during the week.. :)

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations 570-639-2628

VetteLT193
03-29-2010, 10:11 AM

That's odd, they were all there. I didn't buy them I cleaned the original vents because they are stainless it seemed not worth it to buy new ones. If Jamie can't get them I am 99% sure they are a pretty stock item. you should be able to match them at just about any boat store.... especially if you have one that has a lot of odds and ends.

TIZ_ZLIFE
04-19-2010, 11:34 PM
That's odd, they were all there. I didn't buy them I cleaned the original vents because they are stainless it seemed not worth it to buy new ones. If Jamie can't get them I am 99% sure they are a pretty stock item. you should be able to match them at just about any boat store.... especially if you have one that has a lot of odds and ends.

Thank you.

CHACHI
04-20-2010, 05:49 AM
TIZ LIFE, try Attwood products for the vent.

Ken

CHACHI
04-20-2010, 06:26 AM
Here you go.

Ken

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/Narrow-Stainless-Steel-Louvered-Vent-9/16

jimishooch
04-20-2010, 08:32 AM
replaced all 4 on my minx. most likely some of the screw holes won't match up, just drill in new ones.
good luck
jim
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=11151&partNumber=375485&langId=-1