PDA

View Full Version : What did Santa Bring you ?

Last Real Texan
12-25-2008, 12:27 PM
Performance oriented....

He brought me a short block...
Dart Big M
Billet caps
4.600 Bore
4.25 Stroke Callies Dragonslayer Forged
JE blower pistons Forged
Oliver H-beam rods
Brodix BB2 Heads Aluminum 365 CC
makes it a 565 Cubic inch Motor set up for 10 lbs boost and 8.25-1 with 118 cc heads

Now I just need to get the Quad Rotor Whipple here to finish it off and send it down to Mark @ Precision to finish it off and dyno and tune it to get it set up, Need to find the Whipple used , I would think that with the new 5 liter people will be scrapping the quad and moving up. I should be in the neighborhood of 1100 ponies when it is all said and done, but this must be a pump gas motor, should really wake up the 27 and be a real drive crusher.....but that is another thread all in itself....

Merry Christmas to all and to the drive goodnight!

Tex

VetteLT193
12-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Brought me my boat back, finally painted.

Wife got me a Donzi AO cooler, new Red Donzi Dock lines, and a Donzi towel:)

RedDog
12-25-2008, 01:27 PM
Kayaks for my son and me...
http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41431&stc=1&d=1230233177

joseph m. hahnl
12-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Brought me my boat back, finally painted.

Wife got me a Donzi AO cooler, new Red Donzi Dock lines, and a Donzi towel:)

She looks great:yes:! Won't be long be fore she's back in:crossfing:

Tony
12-25-2008, 01:52 PM
A new tow vehicle!

:beer:

DonziJon
12-25-2008, 02:05 PM
I got a Bran New Casio Fx 260 Solar powered hand held calculator to replace my 21 year old Texas Instruments TI30. The batterys for the TI cost more than the New Casio. It was on sale for $7 and change. :)

I will use it mostly for figuring out the Gas Mileage on the Minx. :yes: John

gcarter
12-25-2008, 03:35 PM
The motivation to get started on my boat again.
Or maybe it's cool enough to enjoy it again.

BUIZILLA
12-25-2008, 03:40 PM
HE brought me another day to cherish with my best friends > my wife and 2 daughter's... :shades: I don't need any more than that..

onesubdrvr
12-25-2008, 03:55 PM
HE brought me another day to cherish with my best friends > my wife and 2 daughter's... :shades: I don't need any more than that..

Amen Jim!!

Me, wife, 4 girls, 1 boy, 1 cat,....

The rest of the family is coming down tomorrow / Saturday!

Wayne

fogducker III
12-25-2008, 04:15 PM
First, Merry Christmas to all!

I got me a new four blade prop for the boat, problem is, wrong pitch! :nilly:

Had to put it on the truck..........:wink:

I also got a Mustang life vest, HYDROSTATIC! Self inflates when you hit the water! Will not accidentally inflate with water contact, has to submerge 4" before it inflates...........:yes:

I also got, my favorite present, a Paderno pepper mill! I love to cook and pepper is a must and I was tired of fighting with my old mill that never worked properly!:banghead:

Hope everybody has a great time, a great New Year!!!!!!!!!

Planetwarmer
12-25-2008, 04:51 PM
Santa broke into my EFFING truck and stole my CDs and GPS! But hey, he left me a cashmere sweater!:yes:

VetteLT193
12-25-2008, 05:22 PM
She looks great:yes:! Won't be long be fore she's back in:crossfing:

I just got the rub rail on. did a rig job on the ignition switch to crank it over and it seems the starter is hosed. it was going before the paint job and that was 6 months ago so it isn't really a shock... hopefully with a full battery charge I can get to crank, but that might be wishful thinking.

The bottom line is I can't wait until I get to use the dock lines:wink:

Air 22
12-25-2008, 05:42 PM

Jim...That is one of the best posts u have ever written!:wink:

I did the same with my Wife, 2 Daughters, My Son, 2 Labs and 2 Cats...:doh:

Family is the best gift of all...:)

VetteLT193
12-25-2008, 05:46 PM
Jim...That is one of the best posts u have ever written!:wink:
I did the same with my Wife, 2 Daughters, My Son, 2 Labs and 2 Cats...:doh:
Family is the best gift of all...:)

I agree. best part of my day was when my daughter was helping me with the rub rail on the boat. she's only 2, but loves to help daddy:)

HOWARD O
12-25-2008, 06:18 PM
Arrived a tad early but this will be a Christmas to remember for our family!

Ed Donnelly
12-25-2008, 06:30 PM
I got some used CD's and an old GPS..........Ed

Last Real Texan
12-25-2008, 07:24 PM
And to top it off a nice buzz as of 7:00 pm......

RedDog
12-25-2008, 07:30 PM

why so late :cool:

Last Real Texan
12-25-2008, 07:45 PM
why so late :cool:
A crumb snatcher named Carter who is 2 years old and will be 3 on the first of January....need I say more? not to mention a wife with and incredible set of dagger eyes.....

Tex

CHACHI
12-25-2008, 07:59 PM
.....a new Crane roller cam and lifters, Keith Black pistons, and other assorted stuff like bearings, rings, valves and such for a 428 CJ.

Tim, shouldn't you be following your sons lead and be wearing your PFD?

Tony, good luck with the new truck, I love mine.

Ken

McGary911
12-25-2008, 09:07 PM
Got a bocce set, a nice picture to hang on the wall of my house from my sis. And dad got me the perfect gift for a Jet fan. Real NFL Jet helmet autographed by broadway Joe.

That 12:25 beer is just starting to catch up to me. :beer:

The Hedgehog
12-26-2008, 08:13 AM

I caught one at 10:30, 4;00 and 9:00. Drinking 3 x in one day will get you.

Donziweasel
12-26-2008, 08:23 AM
1979 Donzi Criterion, 62 inches of snow in 5 days, twins,.......life is good.:)

mjw930
12-26-2008, 11:00 AM
Santa couldn't pass up the deals on Plasma TV's so he brought me the following:

Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plasma
Panasonic BD35 Blu-Ray
Demon AVR-2809CI Receiver

Then, the wife was nice enough to add:

Mophie power sleeve for the iphone
LaserMax Uni-Max Red Laser for my XD40
Multiple Blu-Ray movies

Overall, a pretty fine Christmas, we did our part to stimulate the economy ;)

BigGrizzly
12-26-2008, 11:10 AM
Like Buiz, My family, Christmas eve Dinner at my son Marc's his fiance and her parents, my mother in law who has been at our house cooking and baking since December the 13. Son Andrew and the dogs. then Christmas morning at my house breakfast with the same crew and then presents a pause and then Dinner. The presents were good and what we wanted too and some rain to fill the lake. Very good Christmas.

RedDog
12-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Santa couldn't pass up the deals on Plasma TV's so he brought me the following:
Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plasma
Panasonic BD35 Blu-Ray
Demon AVR-2809CI Receiver
Then, the wife was nice enough to add:
Mophie power sleeve for the iphone
LaserMax Uni-Max Red Laser for my XD40
Multiple Blu-Ray movies
Overall, a pretty fine Christmas, we did our part to stimulate the economy ;)

Surround-sound DVR vs basic receiver? Good luck with the Denon. I'm sure the quality is good, but last Christmas I found it to be pretty unintuitive to operate. I took it back and replaced it with a Onkyo. Since you have Blu-Ray, I hope you are have the surround sound speaker set-up - it is a must have.

DonziJon
12-26-2008, 06:07 PM
I also got a "Walkman".. John

zimm17
12-26-2008, 06:20 PM
I got a couple of nice Tommy Bahama shirts for my big move to Hawaii this weekend. Gonna miss the boat though.

Air 22
12-26-2008, 06:53 PM
I got one of these (http://www.dogwatch.com/). Not sure why it came with two collars though? :boggled:

We have that system for our two Labs...works great:wink:..Its designed for "Dogs" that can be trained....not so sure how that will work on a "Poodle" from Miami that chases "Hurricanes"....lol....:biggrin: :kingme:

mjw930
12-26-2008, 08:11 PM
Surround-sound DVR vs basic receiver? Good luck with the Denon. I'm sure the quality is good, but last Christmas I found it to be pretty unintuitive to operate. I took it back and replaced it with a Onkyo. Since you have Blu-Ray, I hope you are have the surround sound speaker set-up - it is a must have.

I replaced an older 5.1 Denon 3300 that I've had for almost a decade and couldn't be happier. Since I'm familiar with the Denon interface it was a piece of cake to setup. There's something about the sonic quality of the Denon's I've always liked and this one doesn't disappoint. The Audessey automatic equalization does wonders for the sound and the dynamic equalization and dynamic volume work surprisingly well. Of course all of it can be disabled with the touch of a button and I find the static equalization to be very well balanced for music and the dynamic equalization really makes the movies pop.

I could have kept the older Denon but i wanted to be able to decode all the newer digital formats as well as switch HDMI.

I feed these components with HDMI into the Denon then run one HDMI up to the TV. I let the TV up convert if needed.

BrightHouse (Time Warner) HD DVR @ 1080i, 720p or 480p (depending on source material)
Blu-Ray (Blu-Ray, DVD and CD) @ 1080p
Apple TV @ 1080p

Then there's the one fiber audio I feed back from the TV into the Denon when I'm viewing off the air. It's a simple hookup that eliminated yards of component, fiber and coax cable and everything works perfectly.

I reused my Paradigm Reference Studio 20's, Paradigm CC200 center, Speakercraft AIM8-Three rears and Velodyne powered sub. They are tone matched (except for the sub) and required only minor equalization to dial in.

It's a very good Mid-Fi system. Certainly not super high end but it makes me smile.

zelatore
12-26-2008, 10:34 PM
I got one of these (http://www.dogwatch.com/). Not sure why it came with two collars though? :boggled:

Helped my brother install one of those (not sure what brand) a while back for his 2 Huskies. Didn't take them long to realize that if they built up a run and just 'pushed though the pain' it was only temparary.

He later lost one to a car.

roadtrip se
12-27-2008, 09:25 AM
Four fenders for the SS and best moment...

was the prayer given before dinner on Christmas Day by Jill's three year old nephew. In his thanks, he included Lake Cumberland in his list of things to be thankful for. Supposedly, he has been doing this every day since he was here last summer. That kid is in the will.

Great holiday.

mattyboy
12-27-2008, 09:43 AM
( in my best Christmas caroling voice to the tune of the 12 days of Christmas)

TWOOOO spring semester tuition bills and a bottle of gentleman JAAAAAACK

:confused: :frown: :spit: :party: :spit:

zelatore
12-27-2008, 10:16 AM
New wireless router so we can get both computers on-line at the same time at the house.

New I-phone 3G to replace my Treo 755. So far, this is a huge PITA as I am NOT an Apple user and the interface is very non-intuitive to a PC user. But I have faith I'll eventually learn. Or I'll give up and ask the 21 year old secretary at work with one to 'spain it.

And the motivation to get off my butt and finish the Zieger steering install on the 22.

But the real gift is coming in a few months - a week charter in BC (woohoo!)

BigGrizzly
12-27-2008, 10:28 AM
I understand the PIA thing. My sons are both technoids. Marc uses that darn phone thing he has to check on things at work, change the TVs and monitor his house and the alarms at work and his house, I won't even get into the internet things and the media center that he made. I got him a little upset when I said "Cool, but can it actually answer a phone call"? He did get me a USB hard drive and filled it with movies. Next Christmas he will show me how to use it:nilly::wink:

fogducker III
12-27-2008, 10:32 AM
New wireless router so we can get both computers on-line at the same time at the house.

New I-phone 3G to replace my Treo 755. So far, this is a huge PITA as I am NOT an Apple user and the interfaces is very non-intuitive to a PC user. But I have faith I'll eventually learn. Or I'll give up and ask the 21 year old secretary at work with one to 'spain it.

And the motivation to get off my butt and finish the Zieger steering install on the 22.

But the real gift is coming in a few months - a week charter in BC (woohoo!)

Keep us informed about the details of the charter Don..........do you know where? Roughly when? and what type of charter? I will try and organize a "fly by" if possible...........:wink:

RedDog
12-27-2008, 10:36 AM
... Didn't take them long to realize that if they built up a run and just 'pushed though the pain' it was only temparary...

I had the same experience with my Jack Russell. He would charge the fence to dash through for a quick shock. Then when he would come home, he would stay just out of range barking until I turned the transmitter off.

zelatore
12-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Keep us informed about the details of the charter Don..........do you know where? Roughly when? and what type of charter? I will try and organize a "fly by" if possible...........:wink:

Current plan is a 33' Backcove (single screw down-east boat) out of Bellingham in May. Last time up there we did the San Juans, so this time we were going to do the Gulf Islands and Victoria. But with the faster boat (this can cruise at 20 kts as opposed to the Nordic Tug I chose last time) I've been thinking more about Princess Louisa Inlet. I had planned to do that as part of a 2-week trip to Desolation Sound in a few years, but who knows?

I had the same experience with my Jack Russell. He would charge the fence to dash through for a quick shock. Then when he would come home, he would stay just out of range barking until I turned the transmitter off.

Smart dog - sounds like he trained you well. :wink:

p729lws
12-27-2008, 06:51 PM
The Weiner got a beaver!:censored:
I decided to be a child a got a model car and Crosman 1077 semi-auto pellet rifle :uzi:
Dan