PDA

View Full Version : Living in a box...

roadtrip se
12-23-2008, 11:43 AM
"Thinking outside the box is fine for artists, musicians, actors, and democrats, but there better be enough people that think inside the box to feed them. J Griffith"

I just spent a little time on yet another gun thread, now that I have a moment to breath before the holidays. As usual, I stand behind Buizilla’s thoughts on this matter, but frankly, I’m not really interested in another flame-out laced with obscenities from the rock man like the last gun thread.

I AM interested in this little tag line. What exactly does it prove, Joe? You of all people seem to have an appreciation for music. I think even your rock must have a stereo, because I have seen your references to old rock and roll and country many times.

Funny thing, I have an appreciation for art, music, good films and stage acting, and as for the political scene of the past few months, I’m not quite sure what each party stands for anymore, so that is up for question and discussion.

As for outside of the box versus inside the box. I have made a living pulling from my outside of the box experiences as influenced by all of these great things you seem to deride. Let me correct that, I have made a GREAT living thinking outside of the box.

My job requires the simple solution to complex problems. Inside of the box thinkers struggle with this kind of thinking, because they just want to FIX stuff, but ultimately their FIX can just create more problems than it solves for. Don’t get me wrong, we need people who stick to the lines, but there is plenty of room for those who don’t. They are the ones who go outside the box and innovate, based on a different view of the world.

These simple solutions have created millions of dollars for my clients in additional revenue and profits. Rarely can one of my clients actually touch anything that we created together, just a great idea that works to solve a tough problem. Just simple, practical solutions from an outside of the box perspective.

I would even state that the common interest that brings people here, the Donzi Classic, is a work of art brought into existence by outside of the box thinking.

Again, remember, I have made a GREAT living doing just this. Now go back to your rock or box or whatever you live in.

Cuda
12-23-2008, 11:48 AM
It's very simple, but I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand anyway.

roadtrip se
12-23-2008, 11:53 AM
It's the holiday, so humor me.

Instead of just another put down, how about a bit of an explantion of why you think a put down, written by someone else by the way, is so cool.

Cuda
12-23-2008, 12:33 PM
Do you dream about me? I don't understand homosexual dreams, but again, I aquiese your expertise in this matter.

roadtrip se
12-23-2008, 12:51 PM
say that you are not a pretty man, so you are probably not my type. I'll stick with Jill.

As for the dreams, no again, but I can just about be guarenteed of your negative comments on my posts here, so that is probably enough for now. We'll work up to dreams later, okay?

So another put down response, I am starting to doubt you really understand that snappy tag line.

chappy
12-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,
and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible, without surrender,
be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others,
even to the dull and ignorant;
they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons;
they are vexatious to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others,
you may become vain or bitter,
for always there will be
greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career
however humble;
it is a real possession in the
changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs,
for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you
to what virtue there is;
many persons strive for high ideals,
and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself.
Especially do not feign affection.
Neither be cynical about love,
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment,
it is as perennial as the grass.
Take kindly the counsel of the years,
gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit
to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
Therefore, be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be.
And whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life,
keep peace in your soul.
With all its sham,
drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful.
Strive to be happy.

by Max Ehrmann
©1927 (renewed) Bell & Son Publishing, LLC
Reprinted with permission.

Take it for what it is, or however you interpret it.