PDA

View Full Version : Got my snowmobile back from the Dyno.....

Donziweasel
12-19-2008, 09:48 AM
I had a new Nitrous system put on my M-1000. Had it Dynoed to see what she had. 192 hp w/out the NOS, 215 with it. Big improvement over the 165 hp stock. Also put it on a scale. Came from the factory at 505 pound. I put her on a diet and now she ways 472 w/ 3/4 tank fo gas and all other fluids.

Gonna see if I can get some seat time Sun on her. Can't wait.

chappy
12-19-2008, 10:26 AM
That's one of the most impressive hp/weight ratio's I've ever seen in a sled.:pimp: What's your cruising speed, 100?

Donziweasel
12-19-2008, 10:41 AM
Mine is clutched for climbing. Will do over 100, but more importantly, will climb like monkey!:wink:

mrfixxall
12-19-2008, 12:51 PM
I had a new Nitrous system put on my M-1000. Had it Dynoed to see what she had. 192 hp w/out the NOS, 215 with it. Big improvement over the 165 hp stock. Also put it on a scale. Came from the factory at 505 pound. I put her on a diet and now she ways 472 w/ 3/4 tank fo gas and all other fluids.
Gonna see if I can get some seat time Sun on her. Can't wait.

I still gotcha with my turbo + nos yammi :biggrin: But you got me by 150 lbs.

Did you go with boondocker system or ?

Donziweasel
12-19-2008, 02:23 PM
I still gotcha with my turbo + nos yammi But you got me by 150 lbs.

Did you go with boondocker system or ?

Mike, I was wondering if you were reading!:)

Yeah, the turbo Apex is hard to beat. Went up against a few last year and had my ass handed to me. I was more than a match for the new XP. Went against a couple of turbo M-8's also and got beat. I wanted a big bore kit, 225 hp (over 250 with the NOS), but not in the budget.

Mine has a pipe, can, Boondocker, exhaust valve kit, Y pipe, air box mod, screen kit, serious clutch work, etc..... I had to get the Boondocker for the EFI. I am blowing so much more air through it now that I would grenade the engine without it.

I have heard Arctic Cat is coming out with a Turbo M-8 and M-1000 next year. Sign me up!

CHACHI
12-19-2008, 03:11 PM
John, how much track you laying down? 2 inch paddles?

Ken

mrfixxall
12-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Mike, I was wondering if you were reading!:)
Yeah, the turbo Apex is hard to beat. Went up against a few last year and had my ass handed to me. I was more than a match for the new XP. Went against a couple of turbo M-8's also and got beat. I wanted a big bore kit, 225 hp (over 250 with the NOS), but not in the budget.
Mine has a pipe, can, Boondocker, exhaust valve kit, Y pipe, air box mod, screen kit, serious clutch work, etc..... I had to get the Boondocker for the EFI. I am blowing so much more air through it now that I would grenade the engine without it.
I have heard Arctic Cat is coming out with a Turbo M-8 and M-1000 next year. Sign me up!

John that would be my rx1, tha apex is my trail/powder machine which is still stock..too much $$$$ invested in the rx1,i could have bought 2 1/2 of them for what i got into it..280 hp on the turbo and a 60hp shot of n2o..

Get yourself a bottle filling machine,it will pay for its self and it get expensive to fill those little bottles..Once you hit that little button its hard to let off,lol

that some good numbers:crossfing:lets hope she stays together..
Did toy get the seperate fuel tank option with premixed fuel in it?

Donziweasel
12-19-2008, 04:10 PM
John, how much track you laying down? 2 inch paddles?

Ken, I run a 153 track with 2.25 inch lugs. I feel with the 162 you lose too much manuverability, especailly in tight trees.

that some good numberslets hope she stays together..
Did toy get the seperate fuel tank option with premixed fuel in it?

It should stay together. It is a wet system. You tap the fuel line. When you hit the shiney red button (it is actually red), the seleniod releases NOS and fuel, which is sprayed directly into the airbox. Basically, compensates so you don't run it lean and grenade it. I also run EGT gauges. I won't push it more than 1400 degrees. Boondocker is pretty close to being on, just need to dial in the midrange a little. Them damn things ain't cheap, BUT, I wouldn't trade the Cat fuel injections for anything in the world. Starts 2nd pul everytime, even below 0 and when you flip it over, it still runs. I might start the day at 5600 ft and be at over 10,000 during the day. I am surprised Polaris and Ski Doo haven't gone to EFI.

Now, last we spoke you were gonna get your ass out here and play in some powder with me............:)

Team Jefe
12-20-2008, 08:50 PM
What are y'all talking about....oh by the way, I had a great day on the water today...Mid 70's not too much wind.......

mrfixxall
12-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Ken, I run a 153 track with 2.25 inch lugs. I feel with the 162 you lose too much manuverability, especailly in tight trees.
It should stay together. It is a wet system. You tap the fuel line. When you hit the shiney red button (it is actually red), the seleniod releases NOS and fuel, which is sprayed directly into the airbox. Basically, compensates so you don't run it lean and grenade it. I also run EGT gauges. I won't push it more than 1400 degrees. Boondocker is pretty close to being on, just need to dial in the midrange a little. Them damn things ain't cheap, BUT, I wouldn't trade the Cat fuel injections for anything in the world. Starts 2nd pul everytime, even below 0 and when you flip it over, it still runs. I might start the day at 5600 ft and be at over 10,000 during the day. I am surprised Polaris and Ski Doo haven't gone to EFI.
Now, last we spoke you were gonna get your ass out here and play in some powder with me............:)

Efi thanx to subaru:wink:,polaris has efi on their 900 and their whimpy fourstroke turbo sled..they call it clean fire and the fusion well you know the only person that gets off on those is a woman,,,,,because the vibaberate so much lol..

i got nx n20 on the turbo sled, i only use it out of the hole then when the turbo spools up hang on..then i may pugre it ant the end of the 1000' make just to get the edge..

mrfixxall
12-20-2008, 09:43 PM
What are y'all talking about....oh by the way, I had a great day on the water today...Mid 70's not too much wind.......

Jefe, we can cross the water too:biggrin:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzCx7QACqk0

just got to make sure you hit the kill switch before you go under..

Donziweasel
12-21-2008, 08:04 AM
Here's a really good video of me climbing a huge hill w/out my NOS last year. I need to borrow 6,000.00, that is the cost of the new Boondocker M-1000 Turbo kit rated at 300 hp. I call it the Yammie Killer!:wink:

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w190/johnnyalltrans/Wolf%20Creek/?action=view&current=IMGP1227.flv

Donziweasel
12-21-2008, 08:12 AM
Here's a really good video of me climbing a huge hill w/out my NOS last year. I need to borrow 6,000.00, that is the cost of the new Boondocker M-1000 Turbo kit rated at 300 hp. I call it the Yammie Killer!:wink:

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w190/johnnyalltrans/Wolf%20Creek/?action=view&current=IMGP1228.flv

Even better one, damn I kick ass!-

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w190/johnnyalltrans/Wolf%20Creek/?action=view&current=IMGP1228.flv

Team Jefe
12-22-2008, 06:27 AM
Jefe, we can cross the water too:biggrin:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzCx7QACqk0

just got to make sure you hit the kill switch before you go under..

Super cool...Now I gotta reason to get a sled:nilly::nilly: