PDA

View Full Version : December 27/28 Florida Run

sweet 16 1966
12-18-2008, 07:16 PM
[b]boat:
If anyone is up for a run after Xmas, I need to scratch an itch. Is it possible Florida could have some nice boating weather or am I just dreaming?

sweet 16 1966
12-22-2008, 11:42 AM
OK no takers- I guess it is too cold and not the season!

I can wait but I do like the gas prices we have been seeing!

Coming up---

Feb- 14 Miami Boat Show- Keys Run - Maybe... Poodle mentioned this on 10/9??

March 20 - 22 CRA Raceboat Regatta- Wooten Park, Tavares Fla. - This is the second annual race of "older"20 + year boats. Donziracer had a blast here last year running his 16 ob and 22' with the worked 350.

March 26 - 29 Sunnyland Annual Antique Boat Festival (Formally Mt Dora Antique Boat Show) also in Tavares at Wooten Park - moved here last year. Jersey Skiffs and wooden classics are honored while Donzi's had to park away from the event. Has to do with membership to Sunnyland I believe and acceptance of the classic Donzi which we await...
These folks are in control of this event...
http://www.acbs-sunnyland.com/calendar.php

Don't forget also the migration north to Cumberland in May...
AOTH 9 is 5/15-5/18/09 in 2009

Nuff said for now- see you all on the water.

onesubdrvr
12-22-2008, 02:19 PM

Coming up---

March 20 - 22 CRA Raceboat Regatta- Wooten Park, Tavares Fla. - This is the second annual race of "older"20 + year boats. Donziracer had a blast here last year running his 16 ob and 22' with the worked 350.

March 26 - 29 Sunnyland Annual Antique Boat Festival (Formally Mt Dora Antique Boat Show) also in Tavares at Wooten Park - moved here last year. Jersey Skiffs and wooden classics are honored while Donzi's had to park away from the event. Has to do with membership to Sunnyland I believe and acceptance of the classic Donzi which we await...

Russ,

I would love to, but I have family in town all of the weekend after christmas,.... now the weekend after new years,....

Hope to hook up again soon!
Wayne

2donzi2
12-22-2008, 08:54 PM

Coming up---

I would be in for the Tavares show!!

Sweet16
12-23-2008, 10:05 AM
yeah we had a really nice weekend I was out at the local sandbar sat and sun water was a little chilly but bareable where in fla were you considering doing the run?