PDA

View Full Version : Good ending to a bad scenario

Conquistador_del_mar
12-18-2008, 09:43 AM
My fiance's daughter and son-in-law (Darrell) took their 1 year old son to Six Flags this past Sunday when a guy tried to pull them over with his wanabe police truck - lights flashing, etc. Darrell didn't like the looks of the whole scenario so he called 911. Here is the Dallas news broadcast that aired last night. The guy is probably lucky that Darrell didn't have a direct confrontation with him since Darrell changes tires on big rigs, dozers, and pavers for the largest paving company in our area up here in Denison, TX - he is a rock solid young man. Bill

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=8097473&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.1.1

cutwater
12-18-2008, 09:50 AM
he is a rock solid young man.

... and an alert, responsible citizen as well. it's always good to have a healthy sense of skepticism. it has saved me many times. :wink:

Donzi Vol
12-18-2008, 06:10 PM
I have one very simple rule...I don't trust anyone.

Ghost
12-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Glad everybody's okay--they did a great job. There was a guy doing that here about 20 years ago and he got away with a bunch of rapes before they caught him.

(I have to say, though, this guy sounds more bizarre--who knows what he was up to. And isn't he the dude from That 70's Show?)

JimG
12-18-2008, 07:51 PM
NEVER pull over for a vehicle not clearly marked! Dial 911, and drive where they tell you to go...

Lenny
12-18-2008, 08:41 PM
We'll be at 6 flags next week. Wish us luck. :D

Conquistador_del_mar
12-18-2008, 10:55 PM
... and an alert, responsible citizen as well. it's always good to have a healthy sense of skepticism. it has saved me many times. :wink:

Yep, Darrell definitely did the right thing especially considering who he had with him. Unfortunately, he is not scared of anyone, but he is a good father who knows how to protect his family.

Glad everybody's okay--they did a great job. There was a guy doing that here about 20 years ago and he got away with a bunch of rapes before they caught him.

(I have to say, though, this guy sounds more bizarre--who knows what he was up to. And isn't he the dude from That 70's Show?)

I remember hearing about the rapist police impersonators - I believe that has happened a few places over the years.

NEVER pull over for a vehicle not clearly marked! Dial 911, and drive where they tell you to go...

Exactly what Darrell did.

We'll be at 6 flags next week. Wish us luck. :D

This doesn't happen very often, but I think it is good to always be on your toes. I don't think guys worry as much about their surroundings like women do, but it can pay off. Bill

CHACHI
12-19-2008, 05:55 AM
Yep, Darrell definitely did the right thing especially considering who he had with him. Unfortunately, he is not scared of anyone, but he is a good father who knows how to protect his family.

I remember hearing about the rapist police impersonators - I believe that has happened a few places over the years.

Exactly what Darrell did.

This doesn't happen very often, but I think it is good to always be on your toes. I don't think guys worry as much about their surroundings like women do, but it can pay off. Bill
http://www.publicopiniononline.com/ci_11236530?source=most_emailed

Worked out a whole lot better than this "stop to help"

Ken

BigGrizzly
12-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Good call. Also don't piss off the in laws