PDA

View Full Version : Ragazza 17

Phil S
12-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Hello to all -

New to forum, and enjoying reading all the great info on here.

I have a yellow / white Ragazza 17 in need of a new interior. I am hoping to have it replaced in the next month or so, or at least before spring hits South Carolina. The rear hatch covers & bench seat are not the original vinyl, but I would like to restore it to the original appearance.

If anyone has any pictures of the original pattern they could share with me, I would greatly appreciate it. I believe the original hatch covers had the "tuck roll" pattern, but not sure about the bench & back.

Many thanks,

Phil S.

mikev
12-18-2008, 09:00 AM
Welcome to the board! ! have a 19. regazza but it has a the fiberglass doughouse engine cover with a seat on each side. I have collected a few pictures over the years of regazza's but there at home so i can post them up tonight. can u post a picture of what it looks like now so I can get an idea of which setup you have?

Phil S
12-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Thanks for your reply Mike.

I was looking around on another site, and actually found exactly what I was looking for !!

I've tried to attach the photo that I found, but not sure if I have uploaded it correctly. Anyway, if it comes through, this is what mine is supposed to look like I think.

Would like to know more about your boat. I don't know if I'm posting in the right forum though. Mine was a fixer-upper, but I've got it pretty well sorted out mechanically now...will re-do the interior this winter. Mine had been sitting for quite a while (8 + yrs) only partially covered. It's been a fun project, and fun little boat. Not much in the performance department, but all I need for the lakes around here.

Again, many thanks for the reply.

Phil

breeze400
12-18-2008, 03:23 PM
I have A 23R DL and my interior looked like yours when It was new. The vinel is pleated abour 4" or so apart. Could not tell by you pic if your's is pleated or not.:wink:

SilverBack
12-18-2008, 03:41 PM
I had a 23' Ragazza. I will try to post a picture or two of the interior!

mikev
12-19-2008, 09:29 AM
Cool glad you found what you were looking for sometimes i wish mine was the bench seat with the buckets in front but when I have to work on the motor I love the dog house setup because I can just take it out and have total open space around the engine. Mine is an 88 with a 4.3 v6 it runs about 48mph takes rough water better than any other 19' bowrider I have ever been in. one of these days I plan on dropping in a nice 383 small block to get it up to about 65-70 Wayne on the board (onesubdrvr) had a 21 with a nice small block that hit the mid 60's so I figure with a lighter 19' upper 60's to 70 should be possible.

Phil S
12-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Thanks for those pictures SilverBack ! Those are much better than the one I found. Many thanks.

MikeV - 48 mph...not bad at all. I have same motor set up, but a prop in v. poor condition. It appears to be the original and has more than its fair share of dings, etc. I plan to have it fixed and keep the prop as it pulls the kids / skiers around very well. But I'm in the market for a new prop. Any suggestions ? I have the same motor set-up - 4.3 with holley 4 barrel, pertronix ign, mallory coil / wires omc cobra drive. The current prop is a 14 1/2 x 19. I was thinking of going up to a ss 21 or maybe even 23. My current wot is 4825 on a hand-held tach, so I rarely run it wide open as 4600 is supposed to be the max. I think the low-side rpm is 4200. Any suggestions will be most appreciated as I am learning as I go here.

Again thanks for all the replies !

Phil

SilverBack
12-19-2008, 03:54 PM
I ended up with a high five on my Ragazza. I loved it. I would get a Turbo from Big Grizzly if I were doing it now days. I just got a prop for my mothers Chris Craft deck boat from Grizz and it worked great. The boat really came to life!

mikev
12-22-2008, 02:22 PM
the 19" ss prop worked great on mine until I did an upgrade to edelbrock 4bbl carb and intake then I was turning 5200 rpms so I had to bump it up. I had a quicksilver 3 blade ss prop I sent off to have it tweaked to a 21" and lab finished. if your only at 4800 rpm's I wouldn't go to a bigger prop you will lose your holeshot and make it harder to pull skiers tubers ect.

Phil S
02-23-2009, 06:23 PM
I love reading about all the project boats underway on here, and learning from all the experienced builders, boaters, speed junkies, etc., on here. This is a great site. Instead of new interior this winter, replacing my soft floor became the priority. I opted to outsource this task, and hope to have it back in a week or so. Only good news to this job is that the stringers and transom are in good shape.

With the whole interior out to replace the floors, my question is about weight. My ragazza 17 has three hatch covers, and a bench seat across the back, with a whole lot of lumber supporting all of that. If I had to guess, probably 100 to 130 pounds of lumber ! I was wondering if anyone had constructed their hatch covers, bench seats, framing, etc., out of something other than wood to reduce the overall weight of the boat, without losing structural integrity ? ABS plastic instead of wood, aluminum supports ?

Any ideas would be most appreciated !

Phil