PDA

View Full Version : Shelby WITH a Guitar!!!!!!

fogducker III
12-17-2008, 11:33 AM
The guitar makes it worth the price I guess..........:eek:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130276382065&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:ca

captdennisgray
12-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Man you ought to know that any time you put SHELBY on anything with a motor in it the price automatically jumps up another $20,000.00

Then you can at least add another $20,000.00 for Alan Jackson's signature ..

The guitar is a freebee..... at that point !!!!!

VetteLT193
12-17-2008, 02:01 PM
I haven't seen too many Shelby's for less than that.:bonk:

fogducker III
12-17-2008, 02:04 PM
I haven't seen too many Shelby's for less than that.:bonk:

Ya, I wasn't saying it was priced high or wrong, just out of my league......:frown:

HOWARD O
12-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Cool boat, wonder if it was too much for Alan Jackson? First thing I would do is remove any traces of the Shelby moniker. Carroll Shelby has been an opportunistic embarrassment after the last, original shelby mustangs, IMO.

Barry Eller
12-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Hummm...I could get me another GUITAR!!!:bonk:

zelatore
12-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Cool boat, wonder if it was too much for Alan Jackson? First thing I would do is remove any traces of the Shelby moniker. Carroll Shelby has been an opportunistic embarrassment after the last, original shelby mustangs, IMO.

First thing I would do is remove any traces of Allan Jackson! Regardless of whether you like that kind of music or not, the name on th side is just plain tacky.

Get (git?) rid of that, and I'd like the boat.

frclarke
12-17-2008, 03:34 PM
Beautiful...
Is this a paint job or some a type of gel? Where got I get (git) it for mine?
Fred

Mr X
12-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Very nice boat!
I saw the boat when Mr. Jackson owned it.
It did NOT have any name on it.
Pretty sure that when the dealer sold it in Nashville for Mr Jackson.....it did not have a name on it either. It must have been added on just recently
to try to add to the resale.

HOWARD O
12-17-2008, 06:12 PM
First thing I would do is remove any traces of Allan Jackson! Regardless of whether you like that kind of music or not, the name on th side is just plain tacky.
Get (git?) rid of that, and I'd like the boat.

Totally tacky. You hear celebrities forever complaining of not having any privacy, yet they go out of their way to attract attention to themselves. I don't get it?

Boat is some kinda pretty though.

BUIZILLA
12-17-2008, 06:42 PM
Jackson shuns publicity like that, i'm pretty sure he's not endorsing that theme.... he goes wayyyyyy out of his way on Center Hill to be laid back and low key, we have idled up to his dock and chatted a couple times, real down to earth homeboy, nice guy... he also just recently sold his BIG woody cruiser on the Cumberland River too, and it's being flipped on Dupont Registry right now, real NICE boat... he has a BUNCH of cars in Franklin that a longtime friend works on as well... not sure why he's unloading a bunch of stuff this year but he DOES flip toy inventory on a regular basis....

HOWARD O
12-17-2008, 06:51 PM
I was thinking of putting "Howard" on the side of mine, but somehow I don't think it'll have the same effect! :bonk:

I've seen a couple Alan Jackson shows on HD, he does come across as pretty down to earth. I guess the name on the side is the work of his PR agents. I bet he doesn't have his name plastered on the side of one of his classic cars though!

mattyboy
12-17-2008, 06:53 PM
I do like the brandywine color very nice sorry not in the loop here

who the hell is alan jackson??? i thought it was the guy from the barett jackson car auctions???? :bonk:

BUIZILLA
12-17-2008, 07:03 PM
who the hell is alan jackson??? :bonk: Matty, do you do doubles as an ostrich?

HOWARD O
12-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Way down yonder on the Chattahoochee!

mattyboy
12-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Jim,

i guess i am ???? wait i know alan jackson he is the guy who does all the college football games on ABC

roadtrip se
12-17-2008, 09:16 PM
About a year ago, I stopped to look at this boat at the car lot that brooms all of Jackson's toys, and we are talking serious toys of the GT40, Porsche, and Ferrari kind.

The boat had maybe two hours on it. It had a small scratch on the hatch from what looked like a water ski. I was told by the toy peddler that Alan likes to ski a bunch. The boat was very, very nice. One of the best examples of a Shelby I had seen.

I saw the title with Alan Jackson's name and the boat did not have the dumbo stickers on it. What schmucks.

Magicallbill
12-18-2008, 01:45 AM
Matty's not alone...

Friend pointed out Hank Jr. on Mon. Nite Football one nite..
Said, he(Hank) was a lucky guy..Got picked to do the opening theme and got famous 'cause of the broadcast.

I said, "Dude; that's Hank Jr. MNF picked him to help THEIR cause." My friend had no clue who he was.

I wonder if Alan would like Ski Sporters, x-18's and the like. He seems to be a "vintage" type.

HOWARD O
12-18-2008, 04:13 AM
I saw the title with Alan Jackson's name and the boat did not have the dumbo stickers on it. What schmucks.

That's awful....they should be tarred and feathered. Hard to tell with that guitar, but I hope they're vinyl stickers.

mattyboy
12-18-2008, 05:59 AM
gothca guys he must be a country music guy

sorry here in the big apple there are not alot of fans :pimp:

HOWARD O
12-18-2008, 06:09 AM

New Yawk City? That 'splains it! :eek:

Barry Eller
12-18-2008, 08:27 AM

Alan Jackson helped Jimmy Buffett get his first music award with the duet of "It's 5 0'Clock Somewhere".

Poodle, I'm gonna pass on the guitar, but thanks for the offer!!!:wink:

gcarter
12-18-2008, 11:40 AM
Jackson shuns publicity like that, i'm pretty sure he's not endorsing that theme.... he goes wayyyyyy out of his way on Center Hill to be laid back and low key, we have idled up to his dock and chatted a couple times, real down to earth homeboy, nice guy... he also just recently sold his BIG woody cruiser on the Cumberland River too, and it's being flipped on Dupont Registry right now, real NICE boat... he has a BUNCH of cars in Franklin that a longtime friend works on as well... not sure why he's unloading a bunch of stuff this year but he DOES flip toy inventory on a regular basis....
Jim, do you have any idea if he still has the big Rybovich (60'+/-) he had built 10 or so years ago?

BUIZILLA
12-18-2008, 11:46 AM
Jim, do you have any idea if he still has the big Rybovich (60'+/-) he had built 10 or so years ago? don't know, my brother does though, i'll ask him, he ran into him at Pirates Cove bar in the pocket a few weeks back and had a few drinks together..

edit > BIG boat is named Hillbilly and is behind his house on Jupiter Island.... 3 doors down from Greg Norman...

Air 22
12-21-2008, 12:41 AM
If your referring to the Red, it's paint. The name is vinyl. The boat has less than 10 hrs when the dealer bought it, stored indoors since new AIR...
Barry, I buy the boat, you give me 10k for the gitarrrrr, we got a deal :)

Hmmmmmmm and its REEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDD too....:kingme:

Pismo
12-24-2008, 10:16 AM
I always liked his waterskiing in jeans video....Just turn the volume off..

gpapich
12-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Jim,
i guess i am ???? wait i know alan jackson he is the guy who does all the college football games on ABC

Hey!!! Wait! I know, I know! Wasn't he the seventh president of the You-Nited Statez...!

Ghost
12-24-2008, 12:51 PM
Matty, do you do doubles as an ostrich?

Jim,

Hey!!! Wait! I know, I know! Wasn't he the seventh president of the You-Nited Statez...!

Wake up dog--he's the dude next to Paula on American Idol.

VetteLT193
12-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Jim, do you have any idea if he still has the big Rybovich (60'+/-) he had built 10 or so years ago?

When I saw it in one of his videos I thought it was a Merritt. I'm not sure why I didn't peg it as a Rybovich but I knew something looked un-Merritt about it.

If I owned that boat, it would be a really hard sell... just can't see how you could get anything better.

gcarter
12-24-2008, 02:54 PM
When I saw it in one of his videos I thought it was a Merritt. I'm not sure why I didn't peg it as a Rybovich but I knew something looked un-Merritt about it.

If I owned that boat, it would be a really hard sell... just can't see how you could get anything better.
I've not seen the boat, video or otherwise.....
The only reason I know about it was the construction of it was featured in Southern Boating, or Yachting, or some magazine when it was nearing completion. It was probably closer to 12-15 years ago. It was WEST system construction and beautifully built.
Did you know Rybovitch makes their own plywood?