PDA

View Full Version : They can not steal my Christmas!

MOP
12-17-2008, 09:12 AM
A few days ago I received an email saying you can not steal my Christmas, since then everywhere I go I say that to anyone I run into. The response has not only been surprising great but also very heart warming, I find that so many people are fed up with creeps trying to steal our Christmas that they immediately chime in with their scorn for those that do not share our wonderful and yes religious holiday! Even my friends of other faiths say we all should protect and enjoy our sacred holidays no matter what faith.

So please where ever you go say you can not steal my Chrsitmas, you will see it will make you feel very good!!!

txtaz
12-17-2008, 09:22 AM
Phil, When we were going through security at the airport last weekend, the TSA guy said "Merry Christmas" and I thanked him for recognizing it WAS Christmas and not "Happy Holiday". He smiled and said "you're right"

Nice to know some people still get it.

Da Taz<---Merry Christmas

mikev
12-17-2008, 09:40 AM
I agree Merry Christmas!!!!!!

harbormaster
12-17-2008, 10:36 AM
I am guilty of always saying Happy Holidays. I will start wishing every one I know Merry Christmas

gcarter
12-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Well done Phil.

Merry Christmas!

JeffH
12-17-2008, 12:20 PM
It IS THE REASON for the Season:)!

Merry Christmas to ALL!

Patti
12-17-2008, 12:43 PM
I say Merry Christmas only to those I know are celebrating Christmas. I am aware that many people celebrate Chanukah (some of my family members are Jewish) and I have friends of the Muslim, Buddhist faith etc. To them I say Happy Holidays or Happy Chanukah. I don't assume everyone celebrates the same holiday I do so I try to be as fair as possible :)

Ranman
12-17-2008, 01:04 PM
I say Merry Christmas only to those I know are celebrating Christmas. I am aware that many people celebrate Chanukah (some of my family members are Jewish) and I have friends of the Muslim, Buddhist faith etc. To them I say Happy Holidays or Happy Chanukah. I don't assume everyone celebrates the same holiday I do so I try to be as fair as possible :)

I say what I celebrate (Christmas), and I am not offended by others who say what they celebrate to me. It's simple really. If they are offended by me celebrating a Merry Christmas then they really need to lighten up some since there are too many other things in the world to worry about than that.

Patti
12-17-2008, 01:31 PM
I say what I celebrate (Christmas), and I am not offended by others who say what they celebrate to me. It's simple really. If they are offended by me celebrating a Merry Christmas then they really need to lighten up some since there are too many other things in the world to worry about than that.

Noone has every said anything to me if I said Merry Christmas. They don't get offended that quickly. It's purely my choice to say Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas. My son is half jewish so I tend to keep it in the middle :)

mattyboy
12-17-2008, 01:35 PM
MELI KALIKI MUCKA :kingme:

Patti
12-17-2008, 01:39 PM
MELI KALIKI MUCKA :kingme:

you bet! :kingme:

What are you guys doing for Christmas? Is Joe coming home?! How is Marie?

DonziJon
12-17-2008, 01:49 PM
The LAST THING.... I want to do is Offend someone. :bonk: John

f_inscreenname
12-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Merry Christmas, happy Kwanza, Shalom, what ever. To each his own. Around this time I wish I was atheist just so I wouldn’t have to out up those G.D. lights in the cold just to take them back down in the cold. But I do have a question.
Why do they attack one part of many religions ie; Christmas, but yet want another part (the term “marriage” not just the rights) so damn bad people will march in the streets? This part’s good, that part’s bad. If you don’t like it move on to something else and leave me alone.
I mean we show our diversity by putting up roads signs and giving drivers licenses tests in Spanish so people wont even have to learn the language of this country but god forbid if you happen to celebrate a different holiday then the guy next to you because some how it has become offensive.
What the hell is happening to this country?
I mean what’s next? Little Italy, downtown will have to become “Little Europe”.

BigGrizzly
12-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Patti, I am on board with you and Randy.

mattyboy
12-17-2008, 08:18 PM
you bet! :kingme:
What are you guys doing for Christmas? Is Joe coming home?! How is Marie?

gonna be a quiet Christmas eve with my Inlaws as we celebrate the Italian way with all the family:nilly:

then we'll do the Irish celebration on Christmas morning open the presents and have all our friends and family stop in thru-out the day

Joe is flying in for a few days then he is flying back to spend time with his girlfriend and her family for the new year

just listening to my favorite Christmas CD tonite , one of my all time favorite gifts given to me by a member here crazy horse it just puts me in the spirit of the season he did a great job on that cd if you're out there Crazy horse THANKS AGAIN