PDA

View Full Version : Tres Martin Perfomance Boating School

SilverBack
12-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Has anyone here taken a class from Tres Martin or any other performance boating school? What did you think? Do you think that it is worth it?

Blown Crew Cab or Grizz...can these guys teach me anything that you guys can't??

BlownCrewCab
12-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Tres is a Great Driver/Teacher/Throttleman. He Has probably gone Much faster than I have in Many different boats. If you have "Cash To Blow" His Course would be a good learning experience. I could show you where common sense and Logic come into Boating. I went to the "BYSBSOBD" (Brownies You Stupid Biatch School Of Boat Driving) Being Brownies Kid I was Allways on the water, usually in something that kicked azz and we only had one rule. "Don't get Brownie Wet" We could go fast, Turn Sharp, Jump Wakes & Whatever, as long as spray didn't come over the bow or the boat didn't flip. I can tell you my sisters can drive & Dock boats as well as anybody. I'd be glad to run your boat with you and see how you do, and I'll do it for Free, Heck I'll even chip in for Gas..Try to get the other guy to do that (J/K)

SilverBack
12-12-2008, 08:02 PM
I know that I am taking the MB and GRIZZ schools. I took the boat to 80 and it was rock solid but there is a lot of difference between 80 and 100. Mark Boos has everything done right this time and I am sure that the boat is going to be pretty fast when we get back in the water with it. I have just about made up my mind to go for the SCX upper and the 698 ci short block at some point next year. I think that 1000 hp and 1000 ft/#s of torgue are really doable. I just want to get my skill level up to the performance level of the boat.

The Hedgehog
12-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Doing it in steps is a good way. In my boat 80+ and 90+ are a pretty good bit different. It may very well be my experience.

With the 18 I was told that you don't just jump in, floor it and go 70+. I found that to be true. I will do that any day in that boat now. With the 26 I found the same thing with 85+. I will take anyone on an 80 mph boat ride in that boat. And on a good day 85. 90 and up gets kind of wild. I did take a Dr out in Sept and he told me he wanted to go fast. There was no one on the lake. I ran it to 85 and all was well so I eased it to 92 or so before backing down. He was amazed but did not know the difference. I probably should have not done it.

A good school or a few rides with one of these guys would probably be a good idea.