PDA

View Full Version : Just an FYI, in Canada here and "Bailouts"

Lenny
12-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Obviously it IS contagious. We have Bell Canada going sideways, we have NORTEL entering bankruptcy protection, we have the auto makers asking for 7 billion and now we have the "tech" sector asking for 60 Billion in investments. This is just the beginning. Next it will be sponsors pulling the plug on the 2010 Olympics here and let that burden fall on the B.C. taxpayer as well.

I do not see any immediate end in sight to this recent Fee-Nom. :(

( USA folks, take your Countries problems and divide by 10. Then the numbers make sense due to our smaller population)

KSDLBD
12-11-2008, 06:56 PM
When the US House was voting on the 700MMM bailout, I'm betting that most US citizens thought "okay, the money will stay here to help out the US problem" (I visited good ol' USA in October to pick up a boat)... think again...I was in England at the time of the 1st and 2nd votes; news on British TV was that about 25% of the money would go to solve outstanding loans advanced from British banks!!!!!! The "money" (if it really is money) isn't staying in USA....it's going to solve the loan problems of the banks themselves.

IT'S A WORLD CRISIS!