PDA

View Full Version : Alright Gator Fans!

The Hedgehog
12-07-2008, 03:00 PM
I was there front and center last night at the Georgia Dome. You beat us fair and square. Bama needed to play 4 full quarters to win. We played 3.5. It was a great game with few penalties. The Gator fans around me showed some class. It probably should have been the national championship. The only problem was that Chick Filet sponsored the game and I did not get the memo that they were not selling alcohol. Bummer. I will be sure to continue to stop by Chick Filet restaurants on Sundays only!

Now go out and spank those Sooners!:pimp:

Donzi Vol
12-07-2008, 04:12 PM
I was there front and center last night at the Georgia Dome. You beat us fair and square. Bama needed to play 4 full quarters to win. We played 3.5. It was a great game with few penalties. The Gator fans around me showed some class. It probably should have been the national championship. The only problem was that Chick Filet sponsored the game and I did not get the memo that they were not selling alcohol. Bummer. I will be sure to continue to stop by Chick Filet restaurants on Sundays only!

Now go out and spank those Sooners!:pimp:

The game was really rough for me because as a TN fan because I couldn't pull for either Bama or FL. Either one goes against everything I was brought up to hate. I didn't know what to do! I would like to have seen an undefeated team go to the national champ, though. As for the alcohol, I'm pretty sure that any college game is alcohol-free regardless of the sponsor. Am I off?

The Hedgehog
12-07-2008, 04:46 PM
The game was really rough for me because as a TN fan because I couldn't pull for either Bama or FL. Either one goes against everything I was brought up to hate. I didn't know what to do! I would like to have seen an undefeated team go to the national champ, though. As for the alcohol, I'm pretty sure that any college game is alcohol-free regardless of the sponsor. Am I off?

I was not brought up to hate. Well maybe hate Auburn:toiletpap

Not sure about the Alcohol free thing. I would concur about regular season events but dunno about post season and bowls. The last time I was at the Sugar Bowl they had beer and the internet printout said that the Georgia Dome serves.

Donziweasel
12-07-2008, 05:16 PM
I was not brought up to hate. Well maybe hate Auburn

Bill, when you are out here, I might keep that quiet or you could go home less one testicle.:bonk: Boo Boo went to Auburn.:)

Her mom went to Bama. Believe it or not, there is one day a year where they don't really like each other much................:wink:

The Hedgehog
12-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Bill, when you are out here, I might keep that quiet or you could go home less one testicle.:bonk: Boo Boo went to Auburn.:)
Her mom went to Bama. Believe it or not, there is one day a year where they don't really like each other much................:wink:

Please don't tell her!

A Mobile southern belle from a Bama family going to Auburn? Say it is not so. I won't bring that one up.

You have a pm.

SilverBack
12-07-2008, 05:23 PM
I can't believe you guys. I always pull for Ole Miss and LSU but if there is another SEC team playing I am 100% behind that team. People just don't realize how hard it is to make it through a year in the SEC. I still can't believe that Ole Miss beat Florida. Nick is a great college football coach and always brings his A game in college. I don't think that millionaire proplayers really buy into his system. He did great things at LSU and I wish that he was still there. I guess we can all agree that it would be for the best if he would have never left LSU. Anyway go Gators!! I still don't know why Florida and Alabama are not playing for the BCS.....

Donzi Vol
12-07-2008, 07:45 PM
I was not brought up to hate. Well maybe hate Auburn:toiletpap

Yeah, I know better than to think that a Bama fan doesn't have a deep-seated distaste for their rivals down the road. I heard this Bama guy once say that he'd rather have a daughter in a whore house than a son at Auburn. I laughed...a lot.

apollo24
12-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Yeah, I know better than to think that a Bama fan doesn't have a deep-seated distaste for their rivals down the road. I heard this Bama guy once say that he'd rather have a daughter in a whore house than a son at Auburn. I laughed...a lot.

One time I drove my then-girlfriend's brother to Auburn to move in as a freshman. We ended up in a trailer-park. Seriously, like half of the students live in trailers, and were not talking Prevost- we are talking singlewides. I'm from MS originally, and we always say that friends don't let friends do that kind of thing (unless it's a FEMA trailer). :wink: I'd live in my car before I lived in a trailer in Auburn, AL.

So, like Hooters, and like Florida fans, I always say Auburn fans are "delightfully tacky yet unrefined."

The Hedgehog
12-07-2008, 09:21 PM
One time I drove my then-girlfriend's brother to Auburn to move in as a freshman. We ended up in a trailer-park. Seriously, like half of the students live in trailers, and were not talking Prevost- we are talking singlewides. I'm from MS originally, and we always say that friends don't let friends do that kind of thing (unless it's a FEMA trailer). :wink: I'd live in my car before I lived in a trailer in Auburn, AL.

So, like Hooters, and like Florida fans, I always say Auburn fans are "delightfully tacky yet unrefined."

That about sums it up. Being from Bama I had quite a few friends that went to Aub. I would visit on occasion. It was a very different evironment than Tuscaloosa. Not as fast paced. They did have some good looking women though.