PDA

View Full Version : December 7, 1941...Always Remember!

Air 22
12-06-2008, 08:55 PM
:salute:"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including his life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it." -- Author Unknown:salute:

chappy
12-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Indeed. Thanks for the reminder Air.:salute:

I'm in the process of reading Brokaw's "The Greatest Generation Speaks", it's amazing the issues/challenges these people faced/overcame during WWII.

mattyboy
12-07-2008, 02:05 PM
today would have been my Uncle Bill's 90th birthday his death this summer was the reason why i didn't attend the dustoff,on sunday dec 7 th 1941 my father along with my uncle bill and a few other uncles walked out of the gin mill they we're celebrating Bill's birthday went home and enlisted the next day

he was the last of that generation in our family, they truely were extra ordinary people but never felt they were.

watch some of the shows on the attack on pearl harbor some stories are very heroic some are truely bone chilling. especially the ones involving the sailors trapped below deck in the USS Arizona days after the attack tapping was heard on the hull from sailors trapped below that rescuers could not get to , but they tried every day but eventually the tapping stopped

Also very erie that visitors today can see a little blob of fuel come floating to the surface from the tanks of the USS Arizona all these years after the attack

certain things need to be said over and over so we will not forget

12-7 -1941

9-11-2001

days that will live in Infamy

GOD BLESS THOSE WHO SERVED AND THOSE WHO ARE SERVING

DonziJon
12-07-2008, 06:30 PM
On That Day....I was probably spitting up my pablum. I was almost 4 weeks old. Later on, I watched "Victory At Sea" on TV....and enlisted in the NAVY not too long afterwards. . John