PDA

View Full Version : Go army beat navy

mattyboy
12-05-2008, 05:44 PM
well big weekend for the service academies here is how they got ready up at west point

looks like a chris craft

west point is around 12 miles from my house we go there alot for sporting events truely an amazing place I am sure the other Academies are the same

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/misc?url=/_flash/gallery/gallery.html&Avis=TH&Dato=20081204&Kategori=NEWS&Lopenr=1204008&Ref=PH

GOD BLESS ALL YOU SERVE

Ghost
12-05-2008, 06:08 PM
I'm a Michigan grad, but given:

I'm 150 yards from Navy-Marine Corps Stadium
They burned a BOAT up at West Point
I have to offer up a "Go Navy!"

I'm with you about thanking everyone for serving, especially volunteering to serve in wartime.

mattyboy
12-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Ghost

we haven't gone to an Army vs Navy game in awhile but we went to the Airforce vs Army hockey game last year it is truely amazing how hard they compete against each other during the game but afterwards how they know they are both on the same side, sorta like brothers fighting they will beat each other up BUT let an outsider try and beat one of the brothers up

YOU"RE IN A WORLD OF HURT

truely amazing the pride you feel as an American to see them come together after the game

:)

apollo24
12-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Army mule, army mule...

Go Navy!

Our WUBA's are hotter!

-Ben

USNA 97

gpapich
12-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Go Navy! Beat Army! USNA 92!
"Our WUBA's are hotter"...you Darksider...;)

mattyboy
12-06-2008, 07:05 AM
never been to Annapolis do they have some kind of scoreboard or memorial there for the history of the games??
at West Point there is a tunnel leading from one parade ground to another which goes under the main road running thru West Point
it's has the scores written of games going way back before my time.

the games have been a little one sided lately .

txtaz
12-06-2008, 09:09 AM
Ohhhh Wayne, Matty's asking for it!:cool:

Da Taz<---Go Navy

apollo24
12-06-2008, 10:41 AM

Let me rephrase that- Our Wubas are less fugly!

Did you know either James Pettit or Michelle Montgomery- class of 94? Michelle is my cousin and she is married to James.

Ghost
12-06-2008, 10:47 AM

Or Mike Cloyd, '92?

DonziJon
12-07-2008, 10:27 AM
NAVY: 34-0 :bonk:

BTW: What's a WUBA? Just wondering. John

Ghost
12-07-2008, 04:02 PM

I believe the UBA portion is traditionally "used by all."

Ghost
12-07-2008, 04:07 PM
never been to Annapolis do they have some kind of scoreboard or memorial there for the history of the games??
at West Point there is a tunnel leading from one parade ground to another which goes under the main road running thru West Point
it's has the scores written of games going way back before my time.

the games have been a little one sided lately .

Good question--maybe the alumni here will know but I don't. I always go in at the top end, opposite where all the mids walk in and out from the Academy grounds, so if there is, I bet it is down at the other end. Also, they've done a lot of renovation recently, so something may have been added since the folks here have visited.

gpapich
12-07-2008, 04:08 PM

WUBA = a reference to Working Uniform Blue - Alpha, a mid's wintertime, Johnny Cash-looking black uniform with tie tucked into your shirt. I guess it's to keep the ties of my unhousebroken bretheren out of their food in the middle of the feeding frenzy that was non-plebe mealtime. Gotta watch those flying forks. Don't stare directly at the feeding animals.

WUBA = Woman Used By All. Reference to those in the early classes that took advantage of going to a school populated by 80% alpha male jocks.

James Pettit's name sounds familiar, other than that, I don't know anyone else.

George Papich

DonziJon
12-07-2008, 06:20 PM
WUBA = a reference to Working Uniform Blue - Alpha, a mid's wintertime, Johnny Cash-looking black uniform with tie tucked into your shirt. I guess it's to keep the ties of my unhousebroken bretheren out of their food in the middle of the feeding frenzy that was non-plebe mealtime. Gotta watch those flying forks. Don't stare directly at the feeding animals.
WUBA = Woman Used By All. Reference to those in the early classes that took advantage of going to a school populated by 80% alpha male jocks.
James Pettit's name sounds familiar, other than that, I don't know anyone else.
George Papich

Thanks George: SWOS LANT or SWOS PAC?? John

onesubdrvr
12-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Ohhhh Wayne, Matty's asking for it!:cool:

Da Taz<---Go Navy
:kingme: Hear here!!

Ya know, my Sister was in the Army,..... 'nuf said lol ;)

GO NAVY (ok ok I know I'm late, busy weekend)

Wayne

gpapich
12-08-2008, 12:08 AM
Thanks George: SWOS LANT or SWOS PAC?? John
SWOS LANT - Newport RI. Great windsurfing. I used to finish my last class and jump in my van for the mile or so down to the water, pull a superman presto-chango into my wetsuit in the back of the van and launch.
One of my best memories was sailing on the wake of a 65' yacht headed down Narragansett and having a conversation with the ladies on the fantail. I got to about 15' of their stern and surfed the wake. The girls were fascinated...So was I...

zimm17
12-09-2008, 06:01 AM
How about 34-0 :kingme:

Navy wins 7 years in a row. :boat:

gpapich
12-09-2008, 11:01 PM
How about 34-0 :kingme:
Navy wins 7 years in a row. :boat:

Sweeeeeeeeet.