PDA

View Full Version : Corsa Mufflers - gasket?

VetteLT193
12-05-2008, 05:20 PM
I just picked up a pair of Corsa muffler tips. They are take offs from another boat. Is there supposed to be a gasket (or something) that goes between the transom and the tip?

I never thought I'd buy mufflers, and there is a big part of me that just wants to turn around and sell them... but gotta keep the wife happy. Of course this assumes I actually get the boat back from the painter :bonk:

Lenny
12-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Yes, a black rubber one. When I finally got Buizillas tips off, I put the black rubber gasket back on and NO 4200... It is a good seal anyways and above the waterline...

RedDog
12-06-2008, 09:48 AM
When I took mine off there was no gasket.

The Corsa muffled tips really don't knock much noise off.

BigGrizzly
12-07-2008, 11:02 AM
I have silicone ones from Imco on my Criterion much better then the rubber ones, they don't leak around the pipe after a year and never get hard.

Lenny
12-07-2008, 05:14 PM
they don't leak around the pipe after a year and never get hard.

I would not be too happy about that :D

VetteLT193
12-08-2008, 08:59 AM
Yes, a black rubber one. When I finally got Buizillas tips off, I put the black rubber gasket back on and NO 4200... It is a good seal anyways and above the waterline...

Thanks, and good tip on the 4200... I can probably just get away with that or silicone now that you mention it.

When I took mine off there was no gasket.
The Corsa muffled tips really don't knock much noise off.

I'm shocked they don't knock much sound off after seeing them. They sure look like they would kill sound and they sure weigh enough:bonk:

Either way, it has to be quieter than what I have now... open angled tips with no flappers.

Lenny
12-08-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm shocked they don't knock much sound off after seeing them. They sure look like they would kill sound and they sure weigh enough:bonk:

I am doing the reverse to you. I am making mine LOUD, and taking off the Corsa's. I find the CORSA's to be very quieting. I have the angle tips you describe, with SuperFlap from SSM, and they are LOUD on the X-18.

VetteLT193
12-08-2008, 03:16 PM
I am doing the reverse to you. I am making mine LOUD, and taking off the Corsa's. I find the CORSA's to be very quieting. I have the angle tips you describe, with SuperFlap from SSM, and they are LOUD on the X-18.

I like the loud too... but after a while idling my wife gets annoyed, which in turn means she annoys me.

It's not rocket science to swap them, so I figure I can always go back:wink: