PDA

View Full Version : How Others Perceive Donzi Powerboats

Carl C
12-05-2008, 04:47 PM
I posted a poll on my second favorite boating forum to get an unbiased opinion of Donzi boats. The results are quite good so far. http://www.speedwake.com/upload/showthread.php?threadid=59001 You will need to click on "view poll results" if you're not a logged on member.

mattyboy
12-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Carl
i think you'll get a good over all picture of donzi's reputation as speed wake has a larger boat "mentality" and a good cross section of a various ownership .

well and face here we're all homers :wink:

Carl C
12-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Carl
i think you'll get a good over all picture of donzi's reputation as speed wake has a larger boat "mentality" and a good cross section of a various ownership .

well and face here we're all homers :wink: Yeah, I think the folks here are a little biased!! It is good to see that the general performance boat crowd thinks highly of Donzi.

DonziJon
12-05-2008, 06:51 PM
OK: I'm just an OLD Fart putting around in my Minx. I live in Portsmouth, RI which is about 15-20 minutes from Newport by boat...at a reasonable rate of maybe 28 MPH. I like to take a run down to Newport after dinner in the summer just to tour the harbor to see the Yachts and how the other guy lives.

For those of you not familiar..In recent years, since the State of RI dropped the Excise Tax on out of state/country yachts visiting, there has been a large resurgence of Mega Yachts coming..some for the summer..some for a couple of weeks and then on to Nantucket..and then back for a few more weeks.

When I go down there in the Donzi....Just putting around at 6MPH, I get Thumbs Up...and comments....questions...How Fast.. from people on these Multi Million dollar BIG Yachts. Crew members to "Guests" that KNOW what a Donzi is. :):) You Know Who the guests are. John

Donziweasel
12-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Did that one guy say that they are good except for the ZR because it is cuddyish???

Pretty funny. :bonk:

Glad we are getting good reviews so far.:wink:

LKSD
12-06-2008, 08:27 AM
Yes yes, interesting thread. :) J

FISHIN SUCKS
12-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Says that donzi peoples are stuck-up snobs.I try not to let her down..........:shades::shades::kingme::pimp::conve rtib:
Be strong, FastT, and don't take any crap:yes:!

Amazingly enough, I have yet to meet a snob in this crowd:crossfing:! Don't know what anybody says about me though:eek:

LKSD
12-08-2008, 09:46 AM
I have a group of freinds that hate donzi.I think that they are just trying to start trouble.This one girl who works at jacksons,a donzi dealer,Says that donzi peoples are stuck-up snobs.I try not to let her down..........:shades::shades::kingme::pimp::conve rtib:

Bill, thats really not a nice thing to say or joke about.. It may be taken the wrong way by some.:confused::nilly:

Anyway, happy holidays.. :) Jamie

gcarter
12-08-2008, 10:32 AM
We could start a Bayliner poll............:wink::wink:

Carl C
12-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Donzi folks stuck up? No way. Now if I owned SpeedRacer I might hold my nose up a little!:wink:

boxy
12-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Donzi folks stuck up? No way. Now if I owned SpeedRacer I might hold my nose up a little!:wink:

Which would make you completely unlike the current owners.
Bob and Madeline are fantastic fun loving people.

roadtrip se
12-08-2008, 04:51 PM
what somebody thinks of my Donzi.

Only time I ever see another Donzi Classic at Lake Cumberland is when the yahoos invade in the spring or when I can catch up with Byron, rarely, or convince Gero to haul up from Lafayette, even more rarely.

The rest of the time, it's just us on a big old lake out with the scores of Bajas, Fountains, and Bayliners.

Guess I should get some points for trying something different, but again, I would have to care.

Toiling in obscurity. It is fun when one of these buggers trys to whoop up on me out by the bike rack. I usually got something for them, at least the little ones.

joseph m. hahnl
12-08-2008, 05:44 PM
I have a group of freinds that hate donzi.I think that they are just trying to start trouble.This one girl who works at jacksons,a donzi dealer,Says that donzi peoples are stuck-up snobs.I try not to let her down..........:shades::shades::kingme::pimp::conve rtib:

Yah but: That was before they bought a Donzi:angel:

Planetwarmer
12-14-2008, 03:00 AM
Everyone here in Oklahoma seems to thank my Donzi is some kinda I-talian boat! I guess it does kinda sound like 1 of those foreign jobies, huh?

Carl C
12-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Everyone here in Oklahoma seems to thank my Donzi is some kinda I-talian boat! I guess it does kinda sound like 1 of those foreign jobies, huh? Careful now, Japan already pretty much owns the PWC market and has their foot in the door with full size boats. Let's just keep buying imports until all the jobs are gone and there is no more income tax coming in and we are reduced to a third world country...........................:nilly::bonk:

mattyboy
12-14-2008, 09:50 AM
of course we are arogant what other boat turns it's driver from a mild manner reporter into "superman" :wink: :kingme: :tongue:

photo not courtesy of jimmy olsen but speedwake

breeze400
12-14-2008, 10:10 AM
I just looked at the pole :wink:. Great!

FISHIN SUCKS
12-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Careful now, Japan already pretty much owns the PWC market and has their foot in the door with full size boats. Let's just keep buying imports until all the jobs are gone and there is no more income tax coming in and we are reduced to a third world country...........................:nilly::bonk:
While anything is possible, look at what happened to that sh!tbox that toyota came out with a few years ago.....it died:yes:

boxy
12-14-2008, 09:07 PM
Careful now, Japan already pretty much owns the PWC market and has their foot in the door with full size boats. Let's just keep buying imports until all the jobs are gone and there is no more income tax coming in and we are reduced to a third world country...........................:nilly::bonk:

Ummm Carl, I'm not sure what kind of watercraft run on Oakland Lake, but saying that Japan "pretty much owns" the PWC market is a bit of stretch.
www.powersportsbusiness.com/output.cfm?ID=1035505
https://www.powersportsbusiness.com/output.cfm?id=1286857

CHACHI
12-16-2008, 06:08 AM
Ummm Carl, I'm not sure what kind of watercraft run on Oakland Lake, but saying that Japan "pretty much owns" the PWC market is a bit of stretch.
www.powersportsbusiness.com/output.cfm?ID=1035505 (http://www.powersportsbusiness.com/output.cfm?ID=1035505)
https://www.powersportsbusiness.com/output.cfm?id=1286857

It has been that way for a long, long time.

Ken

boxy
12-16-2008, 06:44 AM
It has been that way for a long, long time.

Ken

What way Ken?

Bombardier holds a 40% or better market share in PWC sales.

Why doesn't Polaris hold a better than 0.2% market share as the only US mfg in this game?

fasttrucker
12-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Everyone here in Oklahoma seems to thank my Donzi is some kinda I-talian boat! I guess it does kinda sound like 1 of those foreign jobies, huh?
The Donzi graffics are gone on the side of my boat,when I had the boat gelcoat re-buffed.If you look at it from the side you cant see the donzi graffic under the flarring.A lot of boaters stare at it wondering what it is. When Iam out at the flats.They come up and ask me how fast will it go.Its a nice boat I wish someone would buy it!

CHACHI
12-18-2008, 01:47 PM
What way Ken?

Bombardier holds a 40% or better market share in PWC sales.

Why doesn't Polaris hold a better than 0.2% market share as the only US mfg in this game?
Bombardier holding the lions share of the marketplace.

Polaris and Arctic Cat have been out of the personal watercraft business for some time.
The only players left are Bombardier, Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Honda.

Ken

boxy
12-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Bombardier holding the lions share of the marketplace.

Polaris and Arctic Cat have been out of the personal watercraft business for some time.
The only players left are Bombardier, Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Honda.

Ken

I was pretty sure we were talking about the same thing ..... :D :D

Pegasus
01-04-2009, 10:05 AM
I must response to any mention of me saying that Donzi owners are stuck up as this is incorrect and I am appalled of it. Being a Donzi owner myself I know that Donzi owners are very particular about their boats. Not stuck up about it. They are some of the most greatest boat owners there are and I am proud to know and insure many of them as well as being one myself. Stick that in your tank! :yes:

boxy
01-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Stephanie, I'm pretty sure the only person who took any stock in that post is the clown who wrote it.
I have heard nothing but good things about you and your operation.

Carl C
01-04-2009, 10:24 AM
I must response to any mention of me saying that Donzi owners are stuck up as this is incorrect and I am appalled of it. Being a Donzi owner myself I know that Donzi owners are very particular about their boats. Not stuck up about it. They are some of the most greatest boat owners there are and I am proud to know and insure many of them as well as being one myself. Stick that in your tank! :yes:

Stephanie, I'm pretty sure the only person who took any stock in that post is the clown who wrote it.

Word

Pegasus
01-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Thanks. It means so much to me. I also received a phone call that there was a rumor that I am no longer employed by Jackson Marine. This is also NOT true. I tried to find out where the tread is about this and would appreciate it if it is found to let me know. Thanks again and I look forward to another year at Jackson Marine and Jackson Insurance. :wink: