PDA

View Full Version : Loto 2009

SilverBack
12-03-2008, 05:03 AM
I did not go last year or ever for that matter but I was wondering if there is any interest in getting a group from the board together to go LOTO this year. It sounds like some of our ZXs could have won last year. Is there anybody that goes to that event that can give us some information?? IS there anybody interested??? Tex may be able to blow away those big cats by then!!:wink:

txtaz
12-03-2008, 07:30 AM
LOTO has some FAST boats on it. AND some pretty unskilled drivers.

Don Tamm's Dad has a place there and a 22c. Don's been busy lately and not on the board much. I'll give him a call and see. What are the dates?

Da Taz

Z-Man
12-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Come on down to LOTO!

The 2009 Shootout is August 29/30. OSO usually conducts a poker run on the Friday before.

The 2009 OSS races are on the schedule for September but no specific date. The last two years the event has been held on the final weekend of September.

From a spectator standpoint, the OSS races are more interesting due to the numerous classes of boats running at once versus the single boat drag of the Shootout. But the Shootout offers a better party atmosphere as it is still earlier in the boating season along with some serious top end.

The last two years Matt has brought his Z29 down from Chicago. Steve brought his 18 from KC and I have my 28zx. For my AOTH partners, the gentlemen with the 38zx on Cumberland makes the annual trip with his boat to the Shootout. It would be great to have more Donzi's terrorzing the water. I know G-Man just got a great looking 28zx on the water late last summer.

onesubdrvr
12-08-2008, 07:51 PM
General question,...

What is the format for the shootout? Single boat speed runs? Is there length classes? How does it all work?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Wayne

osur866
01-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Wow I missed this post. Yes it is a very busy but fun weekend, usually a poker run on friday and races on sat/sun. Yes there are classes must be 20' and up . Along with amt./pro/and factory classes (I think) within the different lenghts. I have gone to this event for the past 5-6 years. Basically it is a 1 mile drag race, who ever runs the fastest in your class in that mile you win. I would love to see more Donzi's compete in this event, I'm sure that most would not have a problem winning there classes, hell a Baja :bonk:won the 20-24 class? At like 61 or 63 mph. I've thought about trying to enter my 18 and tell them its a 20 :shades:. But all in all it is a neat event. Was nice chatting with Andre(z-man) and Matt last year. I get down to LOTO about 6-8 times a year and this is a must make it weekend for me and I'll be there this year as well. SilverBack the picture of my Avitar was taken off my parents dock at LOTO the very weekend of the shootout last year. Steve

Last Real Texan
01-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Better Stretch your sack out before going if you want to enter the shootout. They run fast in what has been notoriously rough conditions for speed runs.....I will go watch,:) and I will even take the pictures...just think you I could make you famous:worthy:

Tex

osur866
01-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Tex the shootout is in a very controlled no wake zone and you can wait for calm water before running, last year the moved it up to the 33 MM and was smoothier than in any past year. Steve

osur866
01-11-2009, 11:27 AM
LOTO gets a bad rep. for really rough water, and I'm not saying it doesn't get bad in certain places and times but the shootout is a controlled event and only 1 boat at a time is allowed thru the course at a time. A good 2-3 miles on either side of the course is NO-Wake zones and heavily enforced so the course is wake free. Also where the shootout was last year was on a calmer arm of LOTO, my parents place is about 10 miles futher up and is calmer, now go down by the 10 mm and yeah look out. You have to pick your times and places. Steve

osur866
01-28-2009, 07:17 PM
A few pics. from the poker run last year.

osur866
01-28-2009, 07:26 PM
Afew more

osur866
01-28-2009, 07:30 PM
I had to throw the one of the 18 beside the 40 something advantage just to show that there was a Classic in attendance!! Steve

The Hedgehog
01-28-2009, 08:10 PM
I had to throw the one of the 18 beside the 40 something advantage just to show that there was a Classic in attendance!! Steve

Oh hell yeah. That boat gets compliments in all crowds.

osur866
01-28-2009, 08:20 PM
I had some really good pictures of the races but lost them in my old computer when it crashed:bonk:. Was able to retrieve the poker run pics. Steve

osur866
02-01-2009, 06:40 PM
A few more.

Planetwarmer
08-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Anyone going? It isn't a far drive from where I live (Tulsa, Ok), so I've penciled it in.

osur866
08-15-2009, 08:13 AM
Yes been going for last 10 years and will be down thurs.-monday. Steve

G-MAN
08-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Ok how about a time and place for the Donzi peeps to meet?
Maybe get a early start and get in the line for a good spot to watch from.
also for thr first time they will be having a side by side race with some big cats , should be a good show.
Also to clear things up, if you run you are put in a class with like boats of similiar size and power, a stock 28 zx would only run aginist 26 to 31 ft boats with stock power, if you have power added that will be another class but with other similiar size boats also with power added.

Z-Man
08-19-2009, 06:50 PM
G-Man
Im staying at the Ledges. What part of the lake are you on? I will be loading in on Thursday to enjoy the festivities.

G-MAN
08-19-2009, 09:49 PM
G-Man
Im staying at the Ledges. What part of the lake are you on? I will be loading in on Thursday to enjoy the festivities.

We have a house at the 46mm in the cove with Johnson Bros Marina, It is the Cove before Big Dicks.
Where is The Ledges?

Z-Man
08-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Down at the 20.5mm. You are up by Steve osur866. Let's pick a place to meet and all raft up together.

osur866
08-20-2009, 03:22 PM
We have a house at the 46mm in the cove with Johnson Bros Marina, It is the Cove before Big Dicks.
Where is The Ledges?
G-man I will be at the 43mm 1 cove west of ski cove south side of lake shoot me your # in a PM and we'll hook up you are just a few mins. away. Steve

osur866
08-31-2009, 03:44 PM
Had a great time yet again at the shootout, had the pleasure of meeting fellow board member Grant, wife and son. Weather was great except for a lil rain on friday's poker run, we need more Donzi's at this!! I know of quite a few that if they would just show would handley win their class, if no one is going to bring a 22 classic to this event maybe I'll just have to add to the stable, can't beleive were letting baja's and scarab's take the stock 22 foot class only running in the low 60's :bonk:Steve

G-MAN
08-31-2009, 04:16 PM
It was good to meet you Steve , too bad there aren't more Donzis there. If I find out that 65mph won the class I would be in like it did last year I will have to kick my self in the a$$.
It wold be good to have that class winner sticker on your boat!
That 18 was a blast, we are down almost every week end, If you get down give us a call, still owe you a ride in the 28

osur866
08-31-2009, 07:03 PM
Yes Grant I'll take you up on that offer, was also fun running up towards Red Fox with ya, my nephew had a big ole grin on his face :), hope I didn't scare the wifey into making you purchase an 18 :wink: was a blast! Steve

Planetwarmer
09-02-2009, 09:40 PM
I took my 22C to LOTO on Saturday and ate dinner at Cap. Ron's. Unfortunately we had to leave early because my daughter got sick.

I will say that I can NOT believe how rough the water was when we arrived! We ended up getting there at the end of the day when EVERYBODY was leaving. There must have been at least 7' high washing machine waves! The boat did great, however my wife did not.

After my wife got through yelling at me for taking her in such rough water and laughing while doing so, I was pulled over by the lake patrol for entering the "no wake zone" slightly above idle. I guess the 27' fountain at WOT got his attention when it passed me. He was friendly, I plead ignorant, and he let me go with a "this is a no wake zone and where are your life jackets" speech.

Long story short, I drove 10 hours (total) with a pissed off wife and a very sick 3 year old, only to drive the boat 20 minutes, and stay the night in the hospital (very sick 3 year old).

It sure does look like it is gonna be a fun trip next year when I only bring my buds!

osur866
09-03-2009, 12:19 AM
The roughest water on LOTO is after the shootout and after fireworks on the 4th. I was at Cap. Ron's all day sat. with the 18 must of missed ya. I was one of the lucky ones to get one of the 36 free community slips for the day :) was about 4 slips from where Dave Scott had is 50' mystic cat that was top gun. Saw them tearing down the port engine. Steve

Planetwarmer
09-03-2009, 01:48 AM
I was parked in a slip directly across (off the bow) from that boat from 530-900pm on Saturday.

osur866
09-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Just missed ya, we left around 5 pm sat. and headed up towards Big Dick's.

Planetwarmer
09-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Someone asked if we had left and just came back when we were tying up. They must have thought that you were us.

osur866
09-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Yours white/red :wink:?