PDA

View Full Version : Kaspersky?

MOP
12-02-2008, 07:13 PM
After quite a bit of research I switched from CA to Kaspersky, Kaspersky it seems to be one of the better ones available. I ran CA for nearly 15 years but it was not one of the favored ones anymore, after the upload I ran a fukk scan and sure enough Kaspersky found four items. Anyone have any input about or tips for Kaspersky?

Phil

John W
12-03-2008, 10:37 PM
I am sorry what are you talking about?

McGary911
12-04-2008, 09:32 AM
I am sorry what are you talking about?

John, It's an Anti-Virus package.

txtaz
12-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Phil,

I have never tried it. I still use CA and it gets updated daily. Never had a problem with it so no need to look for something else.

Da Taz

MOP
12-04-2008, 10:28 AM
So far it seems to be an improvement especially in the memory department, boot time is reduced a lot. In general many things are a tad faster, fast is kind of an oxymoron being as I did the down load on dial all 41 megs!!!! Updates are hourly and go almost unnoticed, initial full scans did take awhile.
Wes I have had CA since the early 80's, it did do a decent job but K was recommended and I felt it was time to try something new. As I noted above it found a couple of things on the new machine and a bundle of stuff on my old back up machine, both had CA and were kept up to date. Who know if the shoe was on the other foot maybe CA would have found stuff K missed, only time will tell!

Phil

DonziJon
12-08-2008, 03:04 PM
I've been using AVG 7.5 (Free) for about a year now. It updates every day at the same time with no hassle. They have a New version AVG 8.0 (Free) but I havn't installed it yet because the 7.5 works fine.

Before AVG I had Norton Corporate Edition. THAT was a PITA. (I have Dial Up) John

MOP
01-24-2009, 10:37 AM
Well I figured I would update the thread, after nearly two months of using the new software I can rave about it enough. I am very happy with how fast everything about my computer, my start up time is reduces to about 1/3 and all of my programs open super fast. CA made the entire system very slow.

Phil