PDA

View Full Version : Procharger M4 SC and M5 SC...

Last Real Texan
12-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Do they use the same mounting brackets as the M3 SC ?
Anybody know......Buehler........Buehler..........

Calling Jamie.....you there?

Tex

SilverBack
12-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Bryan,
I have been thinking about the same thing. I don't know if you have more room that me but you need to think about the room between your pulleys and the bulkhead in front of the engine. The M-5 uses a lot wider belt and I don't know if it is going to clear on my boat.

BTW..forget about the M-4 and go to the M-5...You want all you can get on that big engine you are building. Also what intake are you going with? Are you going with one 2000 cfm throttle body or two 1000s or what? This is going to get fun!!

The Hedgehog
12-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Stay tuned. This is going to be fun. I think that Tex has a line on something good.

He was nice enough to let me be the fast one for a year. I could see 100+mph and around 1,100 hp in the next few months. Tex is the master of obsurd creations.

LKSD
12-03-2008, 07:44 PM
Do they use the same mounting brackets as the M3 SC ?
Anybody know......Buehler........Buehler..........
Calling Jamie.....you there?
Tex

Yes, I am here.. I dont know for sure if it will fit into the same mount as I have never tried to do that. I have just ordered complete kits. I do know that the compressor is larger.

I will call my rep tomorrow & find out if it will fit in the same mounting. Also Id agree if you are going big build just get the M5 already & be done with it. It will be more efficient over the M4 which will also allow for some cooler boost and allow the unit to not have to spin as fast.. ;) Jamie / Lakeside

Last Real Texan
12-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Bryan,
I have been thinking about the same thing. I don't know if you have more room that me but you need to think about the room between your pulleys and the bulkhead in front of the engine. The M-5 uses a lot wider belt and I don't know if it is going to clear on my boat.

BTW..forget about the M-4 and go to the M-5...You want all you can get on that big engine you are building. Also what intake are you going with? Are you going with one 2000 cfm throttle body or two 1000s or what? This is going to get fun!!

Things are coming together, considering going to a quad rotor Whipple, not sure....still, to make sure I can bust the drive, drives at will. Doing 565 Cubes , 4.250 stroke with 4.600 bore. Shooting to make 1000-1100 conservatively on pump gas ( 93 octane ) . Just too many things to figure out at this point but making progress for sure, waiting on the right parts to materialize and come together, wanting to do something different. Kind of wonder what this motor would do in a 27 ZR.:shark:

Tex

Last Real Texan
12-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Yes, I am here.. I dont know for sure if it will fit into the same mount as I have never tried to do that. I have just ordered complete kits. I do know that the compressor is larger.
I will call my rep tomorrow & find out if it will fit in the same mounting. Also Id agree if you are going big build just get the M5 already & be done with it. It will be more efficient over the M4 which will also allow for some cooler boost and allow the unit to not have to spin as fast.. ;) Jamie / Lakeside
Thanks for the intel.....Give me a call when you find out.....I think you have my # if not shoot me a PM

Tex

The Hedgehog
12-03-2008, 08:00 PM

I bet that M-5 is HUGE!

BUIZILLA
12-03-2008, 08:10 PM
suddenly, I feel sooooo left out...:nilly:

SilverBack
12-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Tex...I think if I were you I might really think hard about the Whipple setup. Mark knows all of those blowers and exactly what to expect. I think he just pulled a pair of 2.3 quads off of some 850 mercs and is going with 8 liter Whiples and trying for 1300-1400 hp with 557 ci. The may be willing to sell the quads for a good deal. Who knows. I know that the first thing I am going to do is talk to Mark before I do another engine and see what he thinks is the best route. You are going to end up with a beefed up drive anyway!!

The Hedgehog
12-03-2008, 08:16 PM

Come on Jim. You know some good stuff and may be warped like the rest of us. If you can pull off some crazy numbers with a V-6 think about some big displacement. When are we going to see something far out from your camp?:shocking:

The Hedgehog
12-03-2008, 08:17 PM
:shark:
Tex...I think if I were you I might really think hard about the Whipple setup. Mark knows all of those blowers and exactly what to expect. I think he just pulled a pair of 2.3 quads off of some 850 mercs and is going with 8 liter Whiples and trying for 1300-1400 hp with 557 ci. The may be willing to sell the quads for a good deal. Who knows. I know that the first thing I am going to do is talk to Mark before I do another engine and see what he thinks is the best route. You are going to end up with a beefed up drive anyway!!

I am betting that similar discussions have already happened:shark:

SilverBack
12-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Stay tuned. This is going to be fun. I think that Tex has a line on something good.

He was nice enough to let me be the fast one for a year. I could see 100+mph and around 1,100 hp in the next few months. Tex is the master of obsurd creations.

When are you going to change your prop and go ahead and break 100?? What are you waiting on? Eddie already told me that the boat will do it whenever you want it to......:cool::cool::cool::cool: SandBagger!!!

BUIZILLA
12-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Come on Jim. You know some good stuff and may be warped like the rest of us. If you can pull off some crazy numbers with a V-6 think about some big displacement. When are we going to see something far out from your camp?:shocking: with business and investments the way it is right now, engines are not a priority, i've taken over a 1m hit this year... :eek:

SilverBack
12-03-2008, 08:29 PM
with business and investments the way it is right now, engines are not a priority, i've taken over a 1m hit this year... :eek:

I know what you are talking about...If oil keeps dropping I will be lucky to end up the year in a row boat!!!

The Hedgehog
12-03-2008, 08:35 PM
When are you going to change your prop and go ahead and break 100?? What are you waiting on? Eddie already told me that the boat will do it whenever you want it to......:cool::cool::cool::cool: SandBagger!!!

Just streching out the sack and getting ready. Got the boat packed with antifreeze now. I have to make it through the next hell month of work and then it will be time for Grizz camp and props.

I feel pretty confident it will do it. I guess I had better get off my arse before one of you guys claims the century mark in a ZX. It is going to take a little chop. Eddie and I were comparing notes on taking the boat in the 90's in the glass. Its a pretty slippery feeling. :shocking:Add a little chop and it settles down a good bit.

LKSD
12-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Tex,

Just got the answer. The M4/5's do use a different bracket as the notch in the bracket as well as bolt mounting pattern is bigger than the M3. If you are interested in upgrading a larger bracket will be needed. I can get you the different bracket along with a compressor. However it may be best already to just get a complete kit, especially with the year end sale going on. ALso then you would end up with the pulleys & larger intercooler as well. If you want to know more details give me a shout.. :) Jamie 570-639-2628

Last Real Texan
12-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Tex,
Just got the answer. The M4/5's do use a different bracket as the notch in the bracket as well as bolt mounting pattern is bigger than the M3. If you are interested in upgrading a larger bracket will be needed. I can get you the different bracket along with a compressor. However it may be best already to just get a complete kit, especially with the year end sale going on. ALso then you would end up with the pulleys & larger intercooler as well. If you want to know more details give me a shout.. :) Jamie 570-639-2628
Thanks Jamie, I will let you know what path I take.

Tex

LKSD
12-04-2008, 02:13 PM

Jim, No need to feel left out. There are a few seats left on this short bus.. lol :) :kingme:

LKSD
12-04-2008, 02:15 PM

Yes the Quad rotors also produce some really huge #'s ... ;)

LKSD
12-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Thanks Jamie, I will let you know what path I take.
Tex

No problem, Im here if you need me.. :) Jamie