PDA

View Full Version : 009 boat price.....

Donziweasel
12-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Called to see how much a 009 boat is. I was quoted $79,999.00 w/trailer. The dealer said it was negotiable. Hell of a lot of money for a 22 ft boat.

f_inscreenname
12-02-2008, 04:14 PM
O M G! :boggled:

That's twice what I paid for my first house and I'm not that old.

p729lws
12-02-2008, 04:26 PM
What's retail on a standard 22 w/ the 425 HP motor these days?

Dan

Carl C
12-02-2008, 05:06 PM
List price on my '05 was 62,800. I paid 52,500. Included HO engine, trailer and a lot of options.

chappy
12-02-2008, 05:52 PM
List price on my '05 was 62,800. I paid 52,500. Included HO engine, trailer and a lot of options.

Aw heck, it's worth more than that now Carl, ever since ya turned it into the only 22 Classic Cuddy on the planet.:kingme::kingme::kingme::kingme:

Carl C
12-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Aw heck, it's worth more than that now Carl, ever since ya turned it into the only 22 Classic Cuddy on the planet.:kingme::kingme::kingme::kingme: I need a head...........I owe more on the boat than it is worth.

Trueser
12-02-2008, 09:19 PM
I need a head...........I owe more on the boat than it is worth.

You need more than just head.

I confused why all the negative feedback on the new 22. I like the boat and the interior looks great.

We could stand behind the new changes.

Just a thought

gero1
12-02-2008, 10:20 PM
colors!!! i like it....even thou it doesn't have a flying bauk bauk on the bow (hood)

Ghost
12-02-2008, 11:43 PM
You need more than just head.

:biggrin: Thanks Trueser--some things, however childish, just need doing.

gcarter
12-03-2008, 06:25 AM
Called to see how much a 009 boat is. I was quoted $79,999.00 w/trailer. The dealer said it was negotiable. Hell of a lot of money for a 22 ft boat.
John, things really don't change much.....,the '88 TR's invoice which I have posted on here somewhere, when adjusted for inflation came in at just about $80K.
Come on, wouldn't you agree the new boat is worth more particularly considering engine technology advancements?
The TR came w/only a 330 HP 454. It went only 65 MPH during factory testing. You would laugh at that today.

Donziweasel
12-03-2008, 06:38 AM
George, all I said was that it was a lot of money for a 22 ft boat. I didn't say it wasn't worth it. That is up to the individual. For me personally, no it is not. For others, I am sure it is and there is nothing wrong with that IMHO. A Shelby would have been perhaps, for me, but maybe not for others.

What was the price of a TR in 1988?

Trueser, the only reason I posted this thread is that a few people were wondering what one cost on the poll thread.

I guess one of the questions is- is the 009 worth $20,000.00 over the regular 22?????? Whether you like them or not, for me, it is VERY hard to justify that based on a raised X, a few graphics and a hatch scoop, SE or not. That $20,000.00 could buy a nice blue Merc motor, with change left over.

hot shot
12-03-2008, 07:01 AM
Lipship sold those 20 cigs for 100 to about 125k depending on power and paint. Are they worth it ? ..... I think its up to the indivigual.

gcarter
12-03-2008, 07:13 AM
George, all I said was that it was a lot of money for a 22 ft boat. I didn't say it wasn't worth it. That is up to the individual. For me personally, no it is not. For others, I am sure it is and there is nothing wrong with that IMHO. A Shelby would have been perhaps, for me, but maybe not for others.

What was the price of a TR in 1988?

Trueser, the only reason I posted this thread is that a few people were wondering what one cost on the poll thread.

I guess one of the questions is- is the 009 worth $20,000.00 over the regular 22?????? Whether you like them or not, for me, it is VERY hard to justify that based on a raised X, a few graphics and a hatch scoop, SE or not.
I think it was $46K.
The not so very well hidden reality of "special eeditions", regardless of what they're called, is that your last paragraph pretty well covers it. It's an opportunity for Donzi and the dealers to make an extra $20 K.
In the case of the TR, ya got a boat w/no graphics, or stripes, and a gel color that is very hard to take of.
It obviously had to apeal to the 30 or so buyers (counting 18's, Minx, and 22's) that paid the extra $600K for them.
What are you doing up so early?

undertaker
12-03-2008, 07:24 AM
colors!!! i like it....even thou it doesn't have a flying bauk bauk on the bow (hood)

Gero since you are selling the hawk....maybe you should replace it with one of these....:wink::wink::wink::yes:

Undertaker:pimp:

Donziweasel
12-03-2008, 07:31 AM
I think it was $46K.
The not so very well hidden reality of "special eeditions", regardless of what they're called, is that your last paragraph pretty well covers it. It's an opportunity for Donzi and the dealers to make an extra $20 K.
In the case of the TR, ya got a boat w/no graphics, stripes, and a gel color that is very hard to take of.
It obviously had to apeal to the 30 or so buyers (counting 18's, Minx, and 22's) that paid the extra $600K for them.
What are you doing up so early?

Dunno, can't seem to sleep past 5:00-5:30 in the winter. Sleep till 6:30 in the summer. Strange, it gets light at like 5:00 Am in the summer, light at 7:30-8:00 in the winter. It's all good, I can get some work done and chat a little.

I almost pulled the trigger on an 18 Testa. You hit it on the head about the gel. At my altitude, the UV is something like 20%-25% stronger. Would have killed the red gel over a year or two. I have already had to wet sand my red stripe on the 16 (it was a little faded when i got it). Now I use UV wax on it twice a summer. Funny, when I lived in Atlanta and Charleston, paint on cars lasted a long time. Out here, if you don't wax and take care of it, in 5 years a new car can oxidize pretty bad, not to mention gel.

Carl C
12-03-2008, 08:26 AM
If the list price of the 009 is $80,000 and the list price of a similarly equipped '05 22C was $63,000 then it seems to me that the price is just keeping up with inflation. Are the boats worth it? Yes, but not if the cracks and negative talk of quality continue. PS, Trueser, I get more than head.

glashole
12-03-2008, 08:38 AM
I guess one of the questions is- is the 009 worth $20,000.00 over the regular 22?????.[/quote]

keep in mind the limited edition boats will tend to get you an extra $500- $1000 down the road when you sell it in 5 years

LKSD
12-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Lipship sold those 20 cigs for 100 to about 125k depending on power and paint. Are they worth it ? ..... I think its up to the indivigual.

This is true.. I also am not too supprised at the asking retail on the new 22. When you consider the components & work that go into them, and consider that merc certainly doesnt seem to ever stop getting premium coin that asking $ isnt too bad to get the ball rolling.. ;) J

mattyboy
12-03-2008, 09:07 AM
i don't think comparing it to a Lipship edition is an apple to aplle thingy those are one off's and truely a customized boat taylored to the owner's wants made by Phil and his staff

the 009 is a limited edition of a production boat

i think the LE have more value than 500 to a 1000 bucks 500 to 1000 bucks is the difference between a well maintained and and babied boat depending on the boat and the "collectibilty" could be 1k to 3k easy

in the real world i am sure the difference between a standard 496ho 22 and an 009 is alot closer than 20 k

Carl C
12-03-2008, 09:16 AM
in the real world i am sure the difference between a standard 496ho 22 and an 009 is alot closer than 20 k I have to question that. As you yourself said, Donzi has flooded the market with limited/special editions.

mattyboy
12-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Carl
it has nothing to do with flooding the market
my point was that a simialrly laid out 496ho and 009 22 haggled properly by a heads up buyer the price paid would be less than a 20k difference in the price for both boats i think the list price on the shelby was around 79k i seem to recall the boat show price of 69k for the blue one in AC but that was a few years ago

Carl C
12-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Carl
it has nothing to do with flooding the market
my point was that a simialrly laid out 496ho and 009 22 haggled properly by a heads up buyer the price paid would be less than a 20k difference in the price for both boats i think the list price on the shelby was around 79k i seem to recall the boat show price of 69k for the blue one in AC but that was a few years ago My bad, I misread your post.

VetteLT193
12-03-2008, 12:15 PM
i think the LE have more value than 500 to a 1000 bucks 500 to 1000 bucks is the difference between a well maintained and and babied boat depending on the boat and the "collectibilty" could be 1k to 3k easy...

A limited edition is only worth more if it is desirable... My guess is the 009 boats, if negotiated properly, won't pull any more money than a regular classic... especially for a buyer who waits it out some. They may even be less money than a regular classic.

The Shelby on the other hand is a boat that is more universally liked. To the point of seeing knock offs already hit the market. Paint jobs, changing hatches to get the Shelby scoop, etc.

chappy
12-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Too soon to say that the Shelby's are more universally liked than the 009's, far too soon. They(009's) haven't been around long enough. On top of that, similar judgements require sales numbers to back them up. In this economic climate, pure speculation. Sorry.:)

Ghost
12-03-2008, 12:37 PM
This one is interesting. I like the 009 much better than the Shelby, but if I had to choose between the two to "invest" the money (versus buy what I like for my own taste), I think the Shelby is a better bet for maintaining a value difference relative to a Classic. (Unless some major quality or design issue surfaces.)

Even if the Shelby is not universally acclaimed, I think it is highly desirable to enough of a percentage of the fan base that it will always have a market.

An old classic that needs paint and vinyl could nearly be turned into a 009, but not a Shelby.

mattyboy
12-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Chappy
good point

vette

if the shelby is far more liked why are there so many for sale??
my point on the LE rare boats that a well maintained rare classic will always have more value over a standard classic in the same shape, i don't see the 009 being less value than a standard classic the raised X and the 1-2 mph gain from that will always have some added value

i have seen one mock shelby which IMO is way over priced for that era boat as complete running boats of that era are only 500-1000 bucks more so if there is a fad starting i have missed it

and the real investment comes many years down the road especially for a limited special edition that it's base model is still in production, now if that is not the case the investment is returned much quicker a minx testa or le is the perfect example of that

Donziweasel
12-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Anyone know how many Shelby's were made? They are making 18 22's and 12 zr's.

One other thing different on the 009 boats is a carbon fiber dash.

SO, main difference is-
1. Leather wrapped steering wheel.
2. Engine hatch scoop
3. Graphics
4. Carbon fiber dash
5. raised "x"

Donzi is also claiming speeds "in excess of 80 mph with the 496 HO". That one I have a hard time with. I don't think a raised X on a 22 is going to push one over 80.

So, once again, I guess it is up to the individual if those differences are worth the extra $20,000.00. Hey, something is only worth what someone will pay for it. :wink:

mattyboy
12-03-2008, 02:33 PM
also when you guys compare you need to compare apples to apples
look at the standard equipment list on the 009 there are some nice features like the dual ram ext Hydraulic steering so configure the 22 that way from the factory with the 496ho and see how much of a difference there is in base list price

mattyboy
12-03-2008, 02:52 PM
the brochure doesn't say in excess of 80 mph it says to the 80 mph mark

http://www.donzimarine.com/assets/series/56/009_22%20Classic_09.pdf

seems we have a 496ho boat running 77 in salt could the raised x add 3 mph??? doesn't seem that far of a stretch

fastboats.com had their 009 to 79.5 with 2 people and a half tank of gas

cutwater
12-03-2008, 03:13 PM
fastboats.com had their 009 to 79.5 with 2 people and a half tank of gas

Hey Matty, where did you find that? In the fastboats.com 'for sale' ad for the boat, it reads

"NEW 2009 22 Donzi Classic "009" Edition Powered by a single MERC MAG HO 425 HP with Bravo drives. This Limited Edition Classic Donzi has a cruising speed of 50 MPH and a top speed of 70 MPH.

Anyway, I'm surprised at the response for these boats. I really like the 009s, especially in blue... not so much the yellow. The flags are okay with me. :thumbsup: Personally, all of these boats are out of range for me right now, so I can't comment there. :boat:

mattyboy
12-03-2008, 03:18 PM
cutwater

i was told blue but there is no blue commando black is the color

fastboats.com posted on offshoreonly

New Donzi 22` 009 limited edition

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have just heard that our new Fastboats.com 22` Donzi 009 limited edition ran 79.5 mph. 2 people, 1/2 fuel and safety kit. Power is Merc 496 Mag. H.O. The 009 edition runs a higher X dimesion than the normal model, and must be working good, sounds sweet, anxiously waiting for it to show up in our new Donzi showroom. This is the first of only 18 to ever be built, all will have special badging and serialized dash plaque and owners certificate. Reserve now. contact me richie@fastboats.com AKA- 7xchamp @ OSO We will also be receiving our first 35` 009, again with higher X dimension etc. We have most Donzi models in stock or available within short amount of time.

mike o
12-03-2008, 03:21 PM
also when you guys compare you need to compare apples to apples
look at the standard equipment list on the 009 there are some nice features like the dual ram ext Hydraulic steering so configure the 22 that way from the factory with the 496ho and see how much of a difference there is in base list price...Yep, Matt's right on, to be fair.
So now, John, ya gotta call em back.:):) (might as well ask the msrp is on an 18).:wink:

cutwater
12-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Doh! Blue, black, eh... I must be blind :bonk:. Anyway, yes I like the black.

Thanks for posting their results, that's pretty impressive if true. Having it set up that well from the factory should draw some people in.

mattyboy
12-03-2008, 03:32 PM
yup the colors for the hullsides the deck stripe and interior are always white black and red

commando black

modena red

electric yellow

artic white

look at the optional features list there are two options

dual batteries and the stereo ???

i have compared to new 22 standard hard to as the 22 can come with 3 power plants and things like dual ram trim tabs come standard on the 009 but the 22 can come with single ram tabs

let's not forget the biggest standard feature the vintage center fuel fill !!!!

Donziweasel
12-03-2008, 04:04 PM

The brochure might say that, but this is word for word from the website-

"propelling the latest iteration of Donzi's venrable icon to speeds in excess of 80 mph". Will it run that fast? Who knows? I know a stock 496 22 seems to be in the 75-77 mph range. I just don't think raising the X is going to add 4-5 mph.

Personally, all of these boats are out of range for me right now, so I can't comment there.

I agree, can't afford one anyways.
Look, I am not looking to fight about this boat. Someone asked how much one costs, so I called and got a price. It is $20,000.00 more than a regular 22. For that money, you get a limited production boat with a raised x, dual ram steering, graphics, leather wrapped steering wheel, a carbon fiber dash, a plate on the dash letting everyone who hasn't already figured it out that this is a 009 SE boat and a certificate of authenticity.

For the right person, I am sure this is a great boat, it is simply not for me. IF I had 80,000.00 to spend on a 22, I would not purchase this boat. I would purchase a 22, add dual ram steering, imco, a blue motor or SC the 496, and still have change. Plus, my "fantasy" 22 would blow away this boat in performance. The best part of all is that I enjoy working on my own stuff (with varied results:wink:), so I would have the pleasure of modifiying it myself. Once again, that is me, and I don't look negatively on anyone who buys one of these.

You are obviously NOT paying for the above metioned things, you are paying because it is an 18 boat SE production. For the right person, I am sure this is a very sweet purchase.

I own a limited production boat and love that about the Critter. I am sure the many members who have limited production or rare Donzis also have a certain pride about thier boats. It is no different with the 009.

I will say the salesman I spoke with is having serious headaches moving the 2 009's he has (hence why he said price was negotiable). I told him I was not in the market but just curious after he told me the price. I asked what type of response he has had. He said many people like the boat when they see it, get physically sick when they hear the price, and then look at regular 22's, hear the price for them, get sick again, and buy a Bayliner.:) I bet you could walk out the door in this economy with that boat for 68,000.00.

mattyboy
12-03-2008, 04:22 PM
DW
no fight or arguement I am not sure how or what standard 22 that is a 496ho 22 with dual rams and dual ext hydraulic steering is listed 59,999k????

i posted a link from the website which is the mini brochure which says the 496ho propels this icon to the 80 mph mark "
can you post a link to the part of the website that says the boat is propelled in excess of 80 mph

the point i am making i would say in real world money the difference paid will more likely be in the 7k to 10k range for a boat that is 3-5 mph faster on avg than a standard classic and either way you slice it re glass the transom and move the x or go shorty that difference gets alot smaller in real world dollars

Donziweasel
12-03-2008, 04:37 PM
no fight or arguement

No problem Senator. It is a good discussion on the price of a boat vs. personal value.

I am not sure how or what standard 22 that is a 496ho 22 with dual rams and dual ext hydraulic steering is listed 59,999k????

A little confused. A standard 22 without hydraulic steering is around 60,000.00 asking price from what the salesman said.

can you post a link to the part of the website that says the boat is propelled in excess of 80 mph

For some reason, the Donzi website will not let me cut and paste the page. Go to donzimarine.com, click on classics, click on 009 22, click on "specifications", scroll down to 3rd paragraph.

the point i am making i would say in real world money the difference paid will more likely be in the 7k to 10k range for a boat that is 3-5 mph faster on avg than a standard classic and either way you slice it re glass the transom and move the x or go shorty that difference gets alot smaller in real world dollars

I think this is a valid point. My question is how much it cost Donzi to make the changes.

1. The transom is obviously not made with a hole cut in it. To move the drive hole up an inch or two shouldn't cost anything as it has to be cut regardless, I would think.
2. You have to have stringers, so adding an inch or two should be minimal and they have already done it on the Shelby.
3. Hood scoop shouldn't cost too much.
4. Dual ram steering would be pricy, but Donzi already uses it on thier other boats, so they do not pay retail by any means.
5. Carbo fiber dash is probably not cheap compared to a standard dash.
6. 496 is a 496 whether it is in a regular 22 or a Shelby or a 009.
7. Dash plaque and leather wrapped steering wheel is minimal.
8. Graphics are a more, but how much? How much does it cost to add a flag and 009? Stripe might be offset, but it is still a stripe like the 22.

So, considering all this, how much more does it cost to produce this boat than a standard 496 HO 22?????

I have know idea, but if asked, I would say under 6,000.00 extra.

mattyboy
12-03-2008, 04:53 PM
ok there is an inconsistency the mini brochure says to the 80 mph mark the specs page say in excess??
i have a hard time believing the list on a 496ho boat is 60k maybe a 6.2 boat Carl's boat was a 63k list that was 4 years ago

not sure what the difference in cost is to mfg, having the wheel made the interior i am sure there are more than just different measurements in the cost of this model so ask your self how much does it cost to get a 496ho boat to 80???

Carl what have you spent so far now include the steering????

the other thing i saw was cmi silencing tips??? that is a standard feature does that come with a std 22??? also does this mean some kind of cmi exhaust system???

this boat may not be for you DW but rare limited to the side for a moment it does offer the right buyer an out of the box fast classic that offers many nice upgrades as standard

Donziweasel
12-03-2008, 05:12 PM
i
have a hard time believing the list on a 496ho boat is 60k maybe a 6.2 boat Carl's boat was a 63k list that was 4 years ago

I agree, BUT, Carl only paid 52,000.00 and has every option.

this boat may not be for you DW but rare limited to the side for a moment it does offer the right buyer an out of the box fast classic that offers many nice upgrades as standard

I agree 100%. I also just noticed it has a Bravo 1X. That is more than a standard Bravo obviously.

Matty, you gots me thinking. Instead of all these LE, Testas, SE, Anniversaries, etc...., I would love to see a simple performance edition or performance package. No graphics, carbon fiber dash, etc.....just a plain 22 with a raised X, dual ram steering, Bravo 1X, perhaps exhuast. I know they made the SE's with the blue motor, but they only made between 3-5 of them. Called it a 22 Performance Option and have it all the time instead of a one off production themed boat. Hell, do it for the 18 and 16 too. Plenty of 18 owners would probably like a raised X, at least single ram steering, a nice exhaust, etc.....First thing I noticed when Lenny raised his engine hatch was the LE's exhaust. I would think that 16 owners wouldn't mind a 270 hp 5.7L vs the 305 and 4.3L offered now.

Interesting discussion.

Donziweasel
12-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Just thought about something in reference to Carl's boat price. When he bought his, the economy had recovered from 9-11 and was rockin'. People were making money and jobs secure.

4 years later, economy is in the crapper, boat buyers are extinct, etc.... I think it is conceivable that the price of a 22 has dropped to simply move inventory, especially boats that are already in the dealers showroom.

Carl, did you order your boat or buy it in dealer stock? Regardless of the answer, I can see 60,000.00 for a stock 22 right now.

f_inscreenname
12-03-2008, 06:01 PM
You all are having the Camaro / Z-28 fight. Same car, different options.
IMHO Just like when folks would order the H.O. motor in the stock Camaro I would rather have the wolf in sheep’s clothing. Give me the classic and let me (concretively) 15 grand to make it faster.

Carl C
12-03-2008, 06:28 PM
I bought my boat new from pier 57. I saw it on their web site and bought it. They delivered it and picked up my trade in. Everything was done by fax, phone and 'puter :). Matty, I have at least 10g into it and need another 2 or 3 for the steering. Eventually I will add big power. The boat is worth it. At least to me.:)

Donziweasel
12-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Here here! When you go by someone at 80 mph, they ain't gonna get a good look at the boat anyways!

Donziweasel
12-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Carl, how much of that 10G was the exhaust? Just curious because I knwo them pretty pipes ain't cheap!

mattyboy
12-03-2008, 07:03 PM
I bought my boat new from pier 57. I saw it on their web site and bought it. They delivered it and picked up my trade in. Everything was done by fax, phone and 'puter :). Matty, I have at least 10g into it and need another 2 or 3 for the steering. Eventually I will add big power. The boat is worth it. At least to me.:)

and there you have it thank you Carl

DW first you talk list then you say bottom line out the door???? the list of 79,999 was negotiable as was Carl's 63k

so say you can get a 496ho boat for 60k then add the 12-13k and you can get 7k off the 009 with the 009 you are ahead of the game now the gravy you have one of 12 ever made so before we say that's alot of money for a 22 foot boat please look 22 or 24 cobalt with a 5.7 not even a big block a great boat with a great name but still alot of coin

IMO Donzi will never make a plain jane hot boat with no frills it just doesn't fit their market segment or their reputation like caddy making a hot rod roadster with roll up windows and a manual ragtop i do think that is what you will see from faja boats at 25-27 plain jane wolf in sheeps clothing hot rod
fast entry level boat

every owner has their own comfort level with their boat so someone like Rootsy might take a normal powered classic and use his talents to power it up or someone like pearson who makes it look like a museum piece every owner and every boat has it's story
Carl has increased the value of his boat and has done alot of the work himself others have had others work on their classic either way the love for their boats is the same

all I can say if i didn't have the tuition bills I have, i could order a 009 and show up at the dustoff and have one of the fastest 22 there that would give all but the stock bravo boys fits

Donziweasel
12-03-2008, 07:16 PM
and there you have it thank you Carl

Not a fair comparison, Carl's boat is much different, Imco, EXPENSIVE exhaust, etc...

DW first you talk list then you say bottom line out the door???? the list of 79,999 was negotiable as was Carl's 63k

Guy said 60,000.00. Does he have a new 2007 on the showroom floor he has to move? I didn't ask. Carls boat was 3000.00 more and loaded. Purchased for 52,000. Shows you a dealer has a lot of leeway in asking price or what he will take. This is a different economy Matty.

Turning into an arguement and I am done argueing on these boards. Gonna bail on the thread. New philosophy. It's all good though.

Carl C
12-03-2008, 07:25 PM
John, the exhaust was almost 5g. Then the shorty, labbed prop, gps and the bow mod and some little things. Trying where to find the money for the steering right now.

mattyboy
12-03-2008, 07:34 PM
DW
again no arguement just a fair illustration Carl had a stock 496ho boat which i think ran a solid 75 all day he has put value into his boat while he has worked on increasing speed the 009 has run 79.5 out of the box that is 4.5 mph faster the imco has basically raised the X plus the exhaust now he needs to add steering he has spent 10k already with another 2-3k to go to get where the 009 comes from the factory

yes it is a buyer's market now and i would imagine the deal on an 009 would be more than 7k off as it gets worse another thing to think of would be warranty taking a new boat and souping it up so to speak might throw the warranty out the window the 009 doesn't have that problem unless you want to send it into the mid 80's these things all have value again to the right buyer

this is a discussion about what the value of or lack there of when it comes to a classic LE or not an LE the value or the amount of the value is different for everyone just has everyone's opions are different

sorry if you think this is an arguement

chappy
12-03-2008, 07:37 PM
No problem Senator. It is a good discussion on the price of a boat vs. personal value.

A little confused. A standard 22 without hydraulic steering is around 60,000.00 asking price from what the salesman said.

For some reason, the Donzi website will not let me cut and paste the page. Go to donzimarine.com, click on classics, click on 009 22, click on "specifications", scroll down to 3rd paragraph.

I think this is a valid point. My question is how much it cost Donzi to make the changes.

1. The transom is obviously not made with a hole cut in it. To move the drive hole up an inch or two shouldn't cost anything as it has to be cut regardless, I would think.
2. You have to have stringers, so adding an inch or two should be minimal and they have already done it on the Shelby.
3. Hood scoop shouldn't cost too much.
4. Dual ram steering would be pricy, but Donzi already uses it on thier other boats, so they do not pay retail by any means.
5. Carbo fiber dash is probably not cheap compared to a standard dash.
6. 496 is a 496 whether it is in a regular 22 or a Shelby or a 009.
7. Dash plaque and leather wrapped steering wheel is minimal.
8. Graphics are a more, but how much? How much does it cost to add a flag and 009? Stripe might be offset, but it is still a stripe like the 22.

So, considering all this, how much more does it cost to produce this boat than a standard 496 HO 22?????

I have know idea, but if asked, I would say under 6,000.00 extra.

This is a great thread. I can see both sides, for 6k production cost to be sold for 20k additional; that ratio is not that uncommon in some retail circles. Point is, both sides have merit, albeit from a different perspective.

mattyboy
12-03-2008, 07:46 PM
This is a great thread. I can see both sides, for 6k production cost to be sold for 20k additional; that ratio is not that uncommon in some retail circles. Point is, both sides have merit, albeit from a different perspective.

I guess i have a problem with that resale 20 k figure I don't think that is real world i think it is 10k to 15k, what would the rnd cost for the emblem in the steering wheel cost?? not going to get a mass production discount less than 25 made
the interior probably cost more not sure on the 6k cost in production either

the only thing i am sure of is you would have to compare an 009 to either another 80 mph classic with what ever it takes to get it to 80

the shelby's had a raised X were they 80 mph boats???

Carl C
12-03-2008, 07:51 PM
My first post was just to throw out some numbers for price comparison. There has been some question about whether the 009 is worth the price. I might easily have 90g in my boat when "done" and I think the boat is worthy of that much dough. BTW there is no way I can hit 80, on fresh water anyway. And whoever said that folks won't know what beat them, I don't think they will miss the giant DONZI letters. Peace.

mattyboy
12-03-2008, 08:08 PM
that's is the thing carl worth and value is different for everyone your boat is worth it to you as my 16 was worth it to me
i put minimal money into the 16 over the 7 years i had it i put 3k into it on minor and major repairs/ improvement i sold the boat for 1500 more than i bought it for so it cost me 1500 for 7 years of enjoyment a return that would be hard pressed for another 40 year old boat to accomplish granted it wasn't the pumpkin and it wasn't mighty mouse but it gathered a crowd where ever it went and like one of my donzi friends told me it brought a smile everytime i turned the key

mattyboy
12-03-2008, 08:11 PM
umm, ehemmm...

sorry for the oversight there please send my apologies to the sacred and secret order of sandbaggers who have riders up front ;)

BUIZILLA
12-03-2008, 08:18 PM
sorry for the oversight there please send my apologies to the sacred and secret order of sandbaggers who have riders up front ;)
your apology is accepted

don't let it happen again

Buizilla Von Carpetbagger

gero1
12-03-2008, 09:28 PM
skipped thru alot of this but i have a black hawk that bone stock ran 81.7 gps and the price i think was around 80g new in 1995. alot of prop work goes into the test boats, you won't get the same worked over prop on the show room boat that they use in the test. I LOVE THE BLACK COLOR

mattyboy
12-04-2008, 06:04 AM
gero,

good point i bet the SE had a much higher price as well

the BH LE boat is a good example of this
do you feel your boat has more value than a STD 1995 Classic??
even with a graphics package that is love or hate the BH boats are holding their value well

wonder if fastboats.com got prop that ran 79.5?? or does the factory keep that prop and put it on every 009 to test and then sends it out with another??

Donziweasel
12-04-2008, 06:12 AM
sorry if you think this is an arguement

ar⋅gu⋅ment   /ˈɑrgyəmənt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ahr-gyuh-muhnt] Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. an oral disagreement; verbal opposition; contention; altercation: a violent argument.
2. a discussion involving differing points of view; debate: They were deeply involved in an argument about inflation.
3. a process of reasoning; series of reasons: I couldn't follow his argument.
4. a statement, reason, or fact for or against a point: This is a strong argument in favor of her theory.

dis⋅cus⋅sion   /dɪˈskʌʃən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [di-skuhsh-uhn] Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun an act or instance of discussing; consideration or examination by comment, etc., esp. to explore solutions; informal debate.

Matty, you basically called me a liar, even after I proved you wrong on the Donzi website. Remember what Mr. X said.

I like discussions.:) Did too much arguing this summer.

mattyboy
12-04-2008, 07:06 AM
ar⋅gu⋅ment   /ˈɑrgyəmənt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ahr-gyuh-muhnt] Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. an oral disagreement; verbal opposition; contention; altercation: a violent argument.
2. a discussion involving differing points of view; debate: They were deeply involved in an argument about inflation.
3. a process of reasoning; series of reasons: I couldn't follow his argument.
4. a statement, reason, or fact for or against a point: This is a strong argument in favor of her theory.
dis⋅cus⋅sion   /dɪˈskʌʃən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [di-skuhsh-uhn] Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun an act or instance of discussing; consideration or examination by comment, etc., esp. to explore solutions; informal debate.
Matty, you basically called me a liar, even after I proved you wrong on the Donzi website. Remember what Mr. X said.
I like discussions.:) Did too much arguing this summer.

see DW now we have an arguement

please re read my post number 38 I said there was inconsistant information I was reading the mini brochure on the website under the the tab that says mini brochure please read it and tell me what it says and the paragraph you quoted I didn't see as I don't scroll down i see that paragraph as more of a sales pitch or an overview or quick review it is not my nature to read those but go to the brochure which is in PDF form and most likely will be printed and handed out so I use the tabs to see specs and info

I didn't not call you a LIAR

trust me when I say this I say what I mean and I mean what I say

people really need to READ these posts

Sorry MR X no sunshine and lolipops here

Donziweasel
12-04-2008, 07:17 AM
I didn't not call you a LIAR

I am not sure how or what standard 22 that is a 496ho 22 with dual rams and dual ext hydraulic steering is listed 59,999k????

i posted a link from the website which is the mini brochure which says the 496ho propels this icon to the 80 mph mark "

im⋅plied   /ɪmˈplaɪd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [im-plahyd] Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective involved, indicated, or suggested without being directly or explicitly stated; tacitly understood: an implied rebuke; an implied compliment.

To Matty from unnamed member-

I realize this is a public forum and everyone has an opinion. I sure respect that, but it seems that alot of your posts have been very negative in the last few months..
What gives?

Reply from Matty-

ok more positive I must be positive

Have a nice day.:)

mattyboy
12-04-2008, 07:23 AM
yes you too

Mr X
12-04-2008, 07:46 AM
Thanks for the reality check Matty. I thought it was all Sunshine and lollypops... http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/holiday/madnoel.gif
You know, I knew it was a mistake to say anything.....

txtaz
12-04-2008, 07:49 AM
Man is this going to be a long winter.

IMO, I would not spend $80k on any toy right now even if it was worth it. Now half the price and I will seriously start thinking about it. I bet some big sales will be coming up in the future.

Da Taz

mattyboy
12-04-2008, 07:53 AM
Yes Ted I KNOW sorry you had to be drug into this

but on the upside it is the holiday season :) ;)

a happy and healthy holiday season to you and yours TED and everyone else out there in television land
:) ;)

I did ask for an 009 from Santa in modena red but obiviously I am on the naughty list LOL

What did you ask for

;) ;) :kingme:

Donziweasel
12-04-2008, 08:08 AM
Yes Ted I KNOW sorry you had to be drug into this

mis·place (mĭs-plās') Pronunciation Key
tr.v. mis·placed, mis·plac·ing, mis·plac·es

To put into a wrong place: misplace punctuation in a sentence.
To mislay: I misplaced my wallet.
To bestow (confidence, for example) on an improper, unsuitable, or unworthy person or idea.

blame   /bleɪm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [bleym] Show IPA Pronunciation
verb, blamed, blam⋅ing, noun
–verb (used with object) 1. to hold responsible; find fault with; censure: I don't blame you for leaving him.
2. to place the responsibility for (a fault, error, etc.) (usually fol. by on): I blame the accident on her.
3. Informal. blast; damn (used as a mild curse): Blame the rotten luck.

:)

VetteLT193
12-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Chappy
good point
vette
if the shelby is far more liked why are there so many for sale??
my point on the LE rare boats that a well maintained rare classic will always have more value over a standard classic in the same shape, i don't see the 009 being less value than a standard classic the raised X and the 1-2 mph gain from that will always have some added value
i have seen one mock shelby which IMO is way over priced for that era boat as complete running boats of that era are only 500-1000 bucks more so if there is a fad starting i have missed it
and the real investment comes many years down the road especially for a limited special edition that it's base model is still in production, now if that is not the case the investment is returned much quicker a minx testa or le is the perfect example of that

"The Shelby outsold all other classics combined during its first 10 months of production"

I didn't say the mock boats would pull any more money than a regular restored boat of the same era, I was just speaking of the look and how much people seem to like it. On the flip side, I don't think the mock boats will pull any less money that other boats of the same vintage.

mattyboy
12-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Vette
I agree with that,
my point was on the red and white shelby painted boat it was around 10k i think it was a late 80's boat and it was un assembled and needed to be rigged
when several late 8o's vintage boats sold for a little more than that and were complete running boats Cuda's being one of them

yes i would say they were selling like hot cakes to start then fell off especially with this economy just wonder that the same boats keep popping up on searches just wondering if they are still for sale why haven't they sold when othergo 22's come and go maybe they haven't been discounted deep enough yet?? I seem to recall alot of 40th lingering for sale but eventually selling anyone have a productiuon number and how long they were produced 2 - 3 years as the shelby ???

and again value and a high resale might not be known right out of the gate
with a LE boat case inpoint look at the BH LE boats they are sort after and keep a higher resale