PDA

View Full Version : Done!!!

onesubdrvr
12-02-2008, 06:53 AM
Well, as of 10pm last night, I have completed all my requirements for my degree.

I can't believe it's been 2 years since I started this thing, and I'm so glad it's done.

I started college when I was 16, went for one semester, then slipped off to the Navy,..... now, 20 years later, I've finished what I've started, and the first in my family to have done so. Best yet, it's all in a field I really enjoy.

The rest of the year is going to be pretty much relax mode,.... get some stuff done I have put off (clean the garage, re caulk the downstairs tub / shower), and of course have a little party ;)

Next year will find me looking for a new job, spending some time on my side businesses (which will hopefully evolve into "real" businesses), starting work on the 16, and hopefully making it to some events with my friends here.

Thanks to the many of you who have shown me support over the years, it's greatly appreciated, and I hope to see everyone at my party!

Wayne

txtaz
12-02-2008, 07:45 AM
Congrats Wayne. I know it's a great feeling to be done. See ya in 11 days.

Da Taz

CHACHI
12-02-2008, 07:50 AM
I has to be a great feeling, congratulations.

Ken

chappy
12-02-2008, 08:09 AM
Congratulations Wayne, I would imagine it's a great feeling looking back knowing all of that hard work led to this accomplishment.

McGary911
12-02-2008, 08:37 AM
Good job Wayne. I've thought about more school myself, but haven't been able to figure out how to make time for it.

Congratulations, and good luck when it comes to the job hunt.

Craig S
12-02-2008, 08:39 AM
Way to go!

BigGrizzly
12-02-2008, 08:43 AM
Good deal, if you don't have you need it if you have it you don't have to tell. so job market is easier.

Kirbyvv
12-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Way to go Wayne, congratulations!!!!:party:

Ghost
12-02-2008, 11:38 AM
Congratulations! (Now you can feel relieved when you wake up from the nightmares where you haven't finished your degree...of course, the nightmares never go away.) :)

gcarter
12-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Congrats Wayne!

See ya next week.

Tidbart
12-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Congrats dude. Good feeling, isn't it.:yes:

Bob

Bob
12-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Great News!
I have a lot of respect for people who keep after it and get their degrees later in life. A much harder route usually, but by then it is often valued more. Besides, an education is something that no one can take away from you! Well Done!

VetteLT193
12-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Congrats!!

A degree is one of the few things in life that can't be taken away from you. :yes:

mikev
12-02-2008, 02:48 PM
congrats dude

cutwater
12-02-2008, 02:56 PM
Congrats!! I know the feeling... except you did it with a family & kids... major kudos! :cool!:

Team Jefe
12-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Outstanding Amigo:yes:. Looks lik eits PARTY time.

onesubdrvr
12-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Thanks Y'all!!

I almost don't know what to do with myself tonight,....

Momma is at her company xmas party, I'm at home with the kids and no homework,....

Hmmmm, guess I'll hang around here for a while until I go to the garage and clean lol

:kingme:

Again, thanks everyone, it is an awesome feeling for sure!

Wayne

txtaz
12-04-2008, 08:39 AM
Oh Wayne,

Now it's time to work on your MCP and MS Partner Program. Just because your done does not mean you are finished. The learning never ends.

I'm building a new MS Server 2008 next week if you want to help.

Da Taz<---MCSE, MCP, MS Partner, PhD. AND counting.

onesubdrvr
12-05-2008, 05:50 AM
Oh Wayne,

Now it's time to work on your MCP and MS Partner Program. Just because your done does not mean you are finished. The learning never ends.

I'm building a new MS Server 2008 next week if you want to help.

Da Taz<---MCSE, MCP, MS Partner, PhD. AND counting.
I know I know ;) Always have to move forward, ESPECIALLY in this industry as things change so fast.

I am going to start working on the Partner Program stuff tonight, I've been working on my daughters Girl Scout site, and wrapping up a couple other loose ends, and after the party I'm going to hit it hard.

Doing a new server? Hmm, I'd love to help, but the next week has me pretty busy except at night :D

Talk to you soon!

Wayne