PDA

View Full Version : Don't Laugh

DonziJon
12-01-2008, 06:58 PM
We JUST bought a Microwave. This is our FIRST. My lovely wife and I have been married 42 years and have been watching how technology has progressed over the years. ....But one needs to be Cautious. :yes:

We had some Turkey left over so I thought a Microwave might be good for reheating it...and some stuffing, gravy, etc. Just pile the stuff up on a plate..put it in.. push the button and it's done in about 5 minutes. IT Knows when it's DONE. It's all Automatic. :) (It has "Sensor"..and an "Inverter".)

Maybe next year....we look into Cell Phones. :nilly: John

PS: I know You People don't believe this...but it IS true.

zelatore
12-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Now how can it be that a fellow would have an inter-net at his house, what with the google and all, and yet not have a MicroWave?

As for those fancy Cell Phones, I recomend avoiding them at all costs!

BUIZILLA
12-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Great for softening ice cream.. the word ICE in ice cream, is there for a reason... :wink:

DonziJon
12-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Now how can it be that a fellow would have an inter-net at his house, what with the google and all, and yet not have a MicroWave?
As for those fancy Cell Phones, I recomend avoiding them at all costs!

I have DIAL UP. That's pretty up to date..is it NOT? :bonk: John

chappy
12-01-2008, 07:51 PM
We JUST bought a MicroWave. This is our FIRST. My lovely wife and I have been married 42 years and have been watching how technology has progressed over the years. ....But one needs to be Cautious. :yes:

We had some Turkey left over so I thought a Microwave might be good for reheating it...and some stuffing, gravy, etc. Just pile the stuff up on a plate..put it in.. push the button and it's done in about 5 minutes. IT Knows when it's DONE. It's all Automatic. :) (It has "Sensor"..and an "Inverter".)

Maybe next year....we look into Cell Phones. :nilly: John

PS: I know You People don't believe this...but it IS true.

Congrats, hopefully you read about the things you can't put in them, like anything metal.:lightning :eek:

Barry Eller
12-01-2008, 07:54 PM
My wife Denise works with AT&T. I just found her a rotary phone on eBay. She loves it! We have All the tech stuff, but the rotary phone is cool. And now when we have power outages (Hurricanes,etc) we will have a phone that works.

Congratulations on the microwave. I use ours to heat up a cup of water for Tea or Hot Chocolate.

Cuda
12-01-2008, 08:51 PM
Like that microwave huh? You're really going to freak when you hear about the new invention.................it's called a wheel. :)

Cuda
12-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Just found out the dog likes ice cream too.. :shocking::shocking:
How do you get ice cream out of a persian rug??:nilly::bonk::nilly:
Buy another Persian rug just like it, and throw that one away. Move some furniture around until a replacement rug is found. :)

BUIZILLA
12-01-2008, 08:57 PM
what dog?

penbroke
12-01-2008, 09:07 PM
.. it shouldn't be an issue...

Frank

MOP
12-01-2008, 09:14 PM
5minutes Yoweee!
Were there any flames?:eek:

MOP
12-01-2008, 09:16 PM
How do you get ice cream out of a persian rug??:nilly::bonk::nilly:[/quote]

Hot water and a shop vac works pretty darn good!

DonziJon
12-02-2008, 06:19 PM
5minutes Yoweee!
Were there any flames?:eek:

Hey MOP: It was a BIG pile of turkey. The "Sensor" can tell how BIG the pile is and automatically compensate. Today the pile (lunch) was much smaller... (Turkeys Gone) and the time was only 2:30.

I just thought of something: Maybe You People need to get Up To Date. I'VE GOT THE LATEST. :cool!::cool!: John

PS: I don't need no comments about my use of the word "Pile". Just Sayin.

CHACHI
12-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Connie must be pleased with your cooking skills, have you made her popcorn yet?

Ken

BUIZILLA
12-02-2008, 08:28 PM
****, It was supposed to be your Christmas surprise. You better pretend to be surprised when you get it... I don't like surprises, no more than your going to like the mice living in your Critter... should I feed them :kingme:

hey, think positive, it could have been a raccoon... :shocking:

VetteLT193
12-03-2008, 07:02 AM
Pood: you need one of these instead of the micro. Really slices through rock hard ice cream. no idea why, but it works

http://www.pamperedchef.com/our_products/catalog/product.jsp?categoryCode=KW&productId=248

BUIZILLA
12-03-2008, 07:09 AM
I have 2 of those scoops, there is actually a better one than that...

i'm an ice cream addict...

DonziJon
12-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Connie must be pleased with your cooking skills, have you made her popcorn yet?

Ken

Funny you should mention popcorn. She's been cooking popcorn in a microwave at work for years. So she actually bought me some special "Microwave Popcorn" to do in the new microwave. :lookaroun:

Some of you may find this hard to believe, but I'm kind of Old Fashioned and I've always done my popcorn in a POT on top of the stove. Don't need no fancy new fangled gadget to pop my popcorn. :shocking: John

BigGrizzly
12-03-2008, 10:24 AM
DJohn, IT is like cooking bacon in the microwave. It taste better the old way. i have air poppers microwave poppers special pop packages but the old way is a better taste. However if I want it in a hurry Microwave is it. Hot dogs in 35 seconds in the inverter unit which is faster then the standard one.

MOP
12-03-2008, 12:16 PM
A warning to ALL! Don't try to hard boil an egg in the Micky Wave Unless You Put A Pin Hole In It!!!!!!!! How do I this "Don't Ask"

VetteLT193
12-03-2008, 12:17 PM
I have 2 of those scoops, there is actually a better one than that...

i'm an ice cream addict...

please share:)

BUIZILLA
12-03-2008, 12:28 PM
please share:) I never share my ice cream with anybody... i'm a pig :kingme:

DonziJon
12-03-2008, 01:06 PM
This is what I use for Ice Cream. Heavy stamped SS w/plastic handle molded over the steel handle inside, so your hand won't get frost bit. It's bullit proof. Just hold it under hot water for a couple of seconds and your good to go. This is a Real Mans Tool. Could have been made by Snap On. :yes: Look for it at a "Restaurant Supply" store. John

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/9-stainless-steel-ice-cream-spade/92247165.html

BUIZILLA
12-03-2008, 01:50 PM
that's the same spoon Marble Slab uses...

I use a Cat 320 excavator, with a round bucket, and small spades... outriggers are only necessary for the 5 gallon pails..

CHACHI
12-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Jim, any particular brand/flavor, or are they all fair game?

Ken

BUIZILLA
12-03-2008, 02:47 PM
anything without nuts...

Air 22
12-03-2008, 02:58 PM
I said soften, not incinerate..
Moderate use of the microwave saves me getting beat by my wife when I bend the soup spoons getting it out of the carton.. :shocking: :shocking:
Damn, now I'm hungry again... :pimp: :pimp:
This is big enough for u and the dog:cool:...and keeps the wife from beating u..:kingme:

DonziJon
12-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Actually I LIED: My wife introduced me to Frozen Yogurt last week. She says it's Better For You and tastes just as good as LOW FAT Ice Cream. :bonk: John

MOP
12-03-2008, 08:19 PM
anything without nuts...

You Got That Right!!! Nuts have no business in ice cream, they are fine in cookies and cakes!