PDA

View Full Version : The BEST seat bases, sliders, who makes 'em ?

Lenny
11-29-2008, 05:57 PM
I need two seat bases, low profile, NOT pedestal style, but linear style. These will be mounted to the floor of a flat raised "notch" meant to support such.

I want the best, and about 6"-8" or more of fore and aft...

Any ideas?

What do pilot seats in planes use?

...no mickey mouse stuff here please...LIFETIME stuff.

Thanx :D

Air 22
11-29-2008, 07:39 PM
I need two seat bases, low profile, NOT pedestal style, but linear style. These will be mounted to the floor of a flat raised "notch" meant to support such.
I want the best, and about 6"-8" or more of fore and aft...
Any ideas?
What do pilot seats in planes use?
...no mickey mouse stuff here please...LIFETIME stuff.
Thanx :D
Comes with Ejection handle too so you can bail when loosing control:nilly:....:wink::salute:

To understand how an ejection seat works, you must first be familiar with the basic components in any ejection system. Everything has to perform properly in a split second and in a specific sequence to save a pilot's life. If just one piece of critical equipment malfunctions, it could be fatal.

Ejection seats are placed into the cockpit and usually attach to rails via a set of rollers on the edges of the seat. During an ejection, these rails guide the seat out of the aircraft at a predetermined angle of ascent. Like any seat, the ejection seat's basic anatomy consists of the bucket, back and headrest. Everything else is built around these main components. Here are key devices of an ejection seat:

Catapult
Rocket
Restraints
Parachute
In the event of an ejection, the catapult fires the seat up the rails, the rocket fires to propel the seat higher and the parachute opens to allow for a safe landing. In some models, the rocket and catapult are combined into one device. These seats also double as restraint systems for the crewmembers both during an ejection and during normal operation.

Lenny
11-29-2008, 08:18 PM
Dwight, I don't need ejection, the hull looks after that part... :D

I need permanent REAL stuff, non ejection. I don't want run of the mill stuff. I am thinking $500 a side, not as you describe which would be FAARRR more . :)

Besides, ever noticed my 18 Bench has no canopy ;) No risk of head injury here. :yes:

Just FOREVER stuff built by Americans (or Canadians) just not offshore (CHINA).

roadtrip se
11-29-2008, 08:52 PM
My Springfields exploded at 70+ on the 22 five years ago.

I replaced with the Garelick Ezzee Sliders and they haven't budged since.
They are solid aluminum, not cast injection garbage.

Remember, the size of this frame, so the things are pushed all the way back to the stops,
which puts the most pressure on the connection points. No issues, not even lose screws.

They make stuff in all sorts of configs...

Dr. Dan
11-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Springfield still makes them...and they aren't the Pot Metal that the originals were...my replacements have been fine....my originals all got grenaded on either Lake George or Lake Winnie.

I can get you the numbers...I kept the box...but you can do a search and maybe they will pull up also.

Doc of Seat Time :wink:

BUIZILLA
11-29-2008, 09:17 PM
what is Phil putting in the 20 Cig's?? :wink:

Lenny
11-29-2008, 09:20 PM
what is Phil putting in the 20 Cig's?? :wink:

Good call, never thought of that... Similar set up, similar speeds :D

...it's all about the K-planes...

(seriously Jim ;) )

BUIZILLA
11-29-2008, 09:23 PM
if it's on pedestals...

why is it a bench?...

>under heavy flu medication<

hot shot
11-30-2008, 11:30 AM
Lenny: I'll chaeck with mike mccloud and see if he has done anything like that... now my new seats are electric slides... we have been working om it and it is slick... i'll post you or call me at 734 516 1242... I hope all is well with you and deneen... your posts look like all is well.... Mick

Air 22
11-30-2008, 11:48 AM
...Springfield...I just replaced mine w these 12way swivel and slider ...they work great:wink

http://www.springfieldmarine.com.cn/en/products/slide%20and%20swivels/Slides%20and%20Swivels%2018.htm

gcarter
11-30-2008, 02:24 PM
I vote for Garelick. They're really stout.

gcarter
11-30-2008, 02:26 PM
...Springfield...I just replaced mine w these 12way swivel and slider ...they work great:wink:

http://www.springfieldmarine.com.cn/en/products/ndslide%20and%20swivels/Slides%20and%20Swivels%2018.htm

That website comes up w/a bunch of Chinese characters.

Air 22
11-30-2008, 02:30 PM
That website comes up w/a bunch of Chinese characters.

OOOOOpppps:nilly:...that was weird:eek:..Fixed...Thanks!:wink:

http://www.springfieldmarine.com.cn/en/products/slide%20and%20swivels/Slides%20and%20Swivels%2018.htm

Greg Guimond
08-23-2015, 10:58 AM
I'm dragging this very old thread to the top to see what the latest is for super high quality seat sliders. Lenny's request at the top of the thread is pretty much exactly what I am looking for. On my 16 OB The Mule I have broken the old slider once from rough water use. I replaced it and its ready to go again now a couple years later as I pound the bejeezuz out of the hull running in rough water. I want to do a new seat shell and new slider this winter to fix it once and for all. I'd like to add rotation to the mix but I suspect I won't be able to as it will sacrifice strength. Fore and aft slide and strength is first priority and I don't really care what it costs as there will only be the one.

Any updates on good options?

Greg Guimond
08-23-2015, 11:35 AM
Open to non-marine options as well seeing as I could powder coat them.

tamburello
08-23-2015, 01:56 PM
I'll add another solid vote for the Garelicks. I've had mine for 10 seasons and they work perfectly.

Ghost
08-23-2015, 07:02 PM
Happy with my new Garelicks.

osur866
08-25-2015, 05:42 AM
Another garelicks here, like everyone has mentioned, solid, the factory crap went a few years ago and these are much much better hands down

Greg Guimond
08-25-2015, 06:26 AM
Thanks guys. Ironically I just got an email piece that had Garelick's product line front and center. I will check it out.

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/browse/Garelick/Boat-Seats/_/N-1z141wjZtb?trk_msg=V1S1CJIB0ND4BD40LOGUO3L0UK&trk_contact=3ODQ5M2LDTUA42750J6MD9PUO8&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=Shop+Now&utm_campaign=2015-Weekly-Emails&utm_content=021515