PDA

View Full Version : Whale Wars are idiots

brwn234
11-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Have you seen this show "Whale Wars" on Animal Planet? These guys are dumb as hell. I mean dont get me wrong I'm down with saving the planet and protecting wildlife but there has got to be a better way to handle this.
First they were practicing launching a zodiak while it over turned and threw 4 people into arctic water. Then somebody else hits a helicopter blade with a gaff putting a huge dent in it.
So after they've finished "preparing" they find a Japanese whaling ship and get two people to go aboard where they are taken hostage. Ok now what? They have no plan, outrageous tactics and are a danager to themselves.
Damn tree huggers, I hate hippies. Thats my vent for the day.

DonziJon
11-28-2008, 06:30 PM
I feel your pain. Don't Despair. The new President (Elect) will save the day. :yes: John

fogducker III
11-28-2008, 07:14 PM
I feel for ya, come and see what happens at times here in Canada.........:shocking:

Some of these "tree huggers", "animal rights activists", "enviromental saviors" drive me friggin nuts.......

They protest all the wrongs in the world and then drive their Mercedes SUV home to the 8000 sq ft "summer house" to have Panda bear burgers...........:boggled:

I understand moderation in enviromental issues but sometimes it is taken to the extreme........... can you say, Greenpeace.......:splat:

MOP
11-28-2008, 07:32 PM
I have learned to hate tree huggers, here in our area we have had a big re occurrence of Lime Disease since they the HUGGERS got away with imposing a total ban on spraying insecticides to control the various critters. I have lost 11 friends,I have numerous with a ton of related issues due to being bitten. I myself participated in a limes disease research study and now due to the vaccine have advanced artritis all because these idoits. I know a couple and have gotten ito discussions about my friends and my plight, there answer well it has saved millions of birds. Gee birds are so important compared to human lives that have left children and wives behind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zelatore
11-28-2008, 08:14 PM
I haven't watched the show because I knew all it would do is raise my blood pressure.

I assumed these guys were part of greenpeace from seeing the previews. Just like all such movements, they go to extremes that are ridiculous in the name of their chosen cause.

While I can understand, or even support (in theory) some of these groups, they all loose me by going over the top.

For example, Michele and I like to get out in the mountains to hike and snow shoe. Hey - that sounds right up the Sierra Club's alley. But then they go and support things like banning motorized vehicles - i.e. no dirt bikes or jeep trails. Sorry pal, I'm outta here! You don't get a nickel from me until you calm your a$$ down!

brwn234
11-28-2008, 09:13 PM
They're supposed to be more radical than Greenpeace. The captain of the ship and founder of the organization used to be in Greenpeace until they kicked is butt out. Too bad that they got their own show, the last thing these guys need is any kind of advertisment.

zimm17
11-29-2008, 06:04 PM
I watched it last night. Complete nut cases. They're trying to attempt boardings that we (the US Navy) spend months training for. I guess we make it look easy. A bunch of college aged hippies with no training don't do so well. The RHIB gets completely lost at night. The helo tries to vector them in to the target, but they have no signals pre-briefed so they continue the wrong way. The helo is a VFR only bird- pretty much suicide to fly at night over water in. Their radios suck- worse than line-of-sight. And the best they can do is drop a line in the water to foul the ship's prop- I'd shoot them as pirates if it was me...:uzi::boat:
On the other side- the Japanese are way out of line shooting dozens of whales and holding up signs saying they are taking "tissue samples" for research. What B.S.
As another poster eluded, there's got to a better way. I mean I like whales too, but these extremists are the same people who throw paint on warships too in protest.
At least the supreme court ruled in favor of Navy sonar. That's much less harmful than a harpoon... :uzi: :boat: