PDA

View Full Version : Hey Heart Doctor Dan..... how was the Tofurky?

gold-n-rod
11-28-2008, 01:12 PM
It's what I'm having tomorrow for our family dinner! How'd you enjoy yours????

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2007/11/17/2004020306.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving from your fellow angioplasty survivor!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

zelatore
11-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Wow. Suddenly I don't feel so bad about the pizza I had yesterday....

McGary911
11-28-2008, 05:09 PM
I tried some tofurky once. I went right back to the turducken.

roadtrip se
11-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Barf

Dr. Dan
11-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Randy... I am eating regular foods, just not 5000 Calories a day like I used too...and its working just fine.... 30lbs down and still going... Low Sodium, Low Fat, and Smaller Portions...are the key.

I am doing fine...thanks for asking... back in the Gym at Golds and now starting my own version of Cardiac Rehab....

So far so good... I get the Pump checked out next Wednesday ... so we'll see if these guys are good Plumbers or not?

In the meantime... I'm charting my own course...a new course an its a good one.

Doc of Reality Based Living :angel:

gold-n-rod
11-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Randy... I am eating regular foods, just not 5000 Calories a day like I used too...and its working just fine.... 30lbs down and still going... Low Sodium, Low Fat, and Smaller Portions...are the key.

I am doing fine...thanks for asking... back in the Gym at Golds and now starting my own version of Cardiac Rehab....

So far so good... I get the Pump checked out next Wednesday ... so we'll see if these guys are good Plumbers or not?

In the meantime... I'm charting my own course...a new course an its a good one.

Doc of Reality Based Living :angel:

It sounds like you are doing all the right things, Dan. Good for you; a lot of people just take the meds and keep behaving the way they always have.

I just did a treadmill last week and hit 15 mets. That's 13 minutes on the test. By the way, I've learned to use this test ONLY as a guage of my cardiovascular fitness, NOT as a diagnostic tool. All it does is give you a snapshot for that time on that day. The lesson I learned the hard way is that passing a stress test DOES NOT mean you won't be having a heart attack anytime soon. I passed my first in 12/03 and was having a heart attack on 4/04. I delayed treatment because, "I'd passed a stress test." As we've learned, a clot can form at any time.

Anyway, glad to hear you "got the wakeup call." I did too, and Thanksgiving means a lot more to me than it ever did.

Keep up the good work. PM me if you ever have any questions or doubts.